Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Missing stationeries

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Academic Support
    36 Posts 11 Posters 11.6k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • B Offline
      buds
      last edited by

      Luvkid:
      buds:

      It is also good to label everything they own.



      This mummy here doing all the labelling and get tired after almost every few days with missing items, especially pencils. Given him 3, came back with 1. Replace for him liao, same thing happen the next few days πŸ˜›

      Oh ya hor, my boy is careful of his pocket money,so far so good, cos came home have to report to me how he spent them πŸ˜‰

      Careful with pocket money good!
      For every pencil lost, put 10 cents
      in special petty cash box. Make it
      ala donation box! Ahahaa! :lol:

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • L Offline
        Luvkid
        last edited by

        For every pencil lost, put 10 cents

        in special petty cash box. Make it
        ala donation box! Ahahaa! :lol:[/quote]

        Hi buds,

        Think will start off with your idea or the one u mentioned earlier
        (So, if we can be the
        hard-hearted-it's-for-your-own-good-kinda folks
        can ask them to purchase the stationery replacements
        themselves, from their pocket-money-savings...)
        Let's wait n see how my boy going to handle.... :evil:

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • B Offline
          buds
          last edited by

          Good luck, Luvkid! :evil:


          Update hor!

          Cheerios.
          :celebrate:

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • B Offline
            buds
            last edited by

            Heyya schellen, forgot to share with you...

            pencils and erasers (lost) still not too bad..
            my kiddie first week, forgot art file.. with
            new (untouched) drawing block inside &
            new ruler.. Big item, okay! Still can forget
            to bring home. So now, rule of thumb, similar
            to checking for stuff before exiting taxi or bus,
            i get her to practise checking all her stuff has
            been packed in the bags before leaving her
            table or class.

            I even role play...

            >5 pencils... Check!
            >2 erasers... Check!
            >1 ruler... Check!
            >1 notepad... Check!
            >1 scissors... Check!
            >1 glue-stick... Check!

            Zip up pencil case...

            P2 : Ok, done mummy.
            Me : Oit! Forgot to check under the desk..
            Me : You have just lost another art file based on this role play.. :roll:

            *Note : Things left under table usually do not come back.
            *Note : Be it labelled or not. One classroom usually utilised by 2 sessions.
            *Note : If lost, consider it - bye-be-liao... gone case. :roll:

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • S Offline
              schellen
              last edited by

              buds, I’ll try the role-play suggestion later with my DD.


              Luckily, she goes to a single session school so things may still be around.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • B Offline
                buds
                last edited by

                schellen:
                buds, I'll try the role-play suggestion later with my DD.


                Luckily, she goes to a single session school so things may still be around.
                Have fun!

                It's a mental checklist we want these kiddos to have...
                And no giving friends anything!! :roll:

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • Y Offline
                  yjj
                  last edited by

                  I label all the important stationary too, except wooden pencil and small erasers. Thankfully my girl takes care of her things and keep track, and I dont take \"I dunno\" for answer.


                  I always tell her if \"you dunno\" then it is not important and you dont need it, so no replacement.

                  If she loses something, I will not replace it immediately, but will allow her to take something old that is being used at home for school instead.

                  I only replace her lost stationary with new ones at the start of new term, but worn out/ used up ones get replaced immediately.

                  Hope this helps πŸ™‚

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • S Offline
                    schellen
                    last edited by

                    yjj:
                    I always tell her if \"you dunno\" then it is not important and you dont need it, so no replacement.


                    If she loses something, I will not replace it immediately, but will allow her to take something old that is being used at home for school instead.

                    I only replace her lost stationary with new ones at the start of new term, but worn out/ used up ones get replaced immediately.

                    Hope this helps πŸ™‚
                    Hmm, I shall try that reasoning with my DD if she loses something again (touchwood!). I didn't bother to replace the lost eraser and I told her why I got her that \"special\" eraser too. Since she couldn't find it or didn't bother to. I just told her to use an old one (that wasn't as effective).

                    I think she takes a bit more care nowadays.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • B Offline
                      buds
                      last edited by

                      yjj:
                      I label all the important stationary too, except wooden pencil and small erasers. Thankfully my girl takes care of her things and keep track, and I dont take \"I dunno\" for answer.

                      I super KS kind. πŸ˜› Wooden pencils and colour pencils individually
                      labelled with thin black marker with kiddies' name. And she has yet to
                      lose them. Recently, she got awarded with a good pupil award of some
                      kind and i bought the 36 Staedtler colours in a metal case (sleek set
                      boy!) for her in support of her good effort in school and taking pride
                      in her school work. It cost a whopping SGD $27.00! Before discount..
                      Popular was having a sale selling it at SGD $13.50 so i got it lah.. :lol:
                      But i showed her the original price and.......

                      She went... :!:
                      \"For me???\"

                      Then she went ... :drool:
                      \"Wuuaaah mummy, so nice.. thank you.\"

                      Hugs me tight and... finally... 😒
                      (tears of joy lah... not the wailing kind... but got no appropriate emoticon)

                      And i told her, \"See! How fortunate you are...? This is so expensive!\"
                      \"It's quality stuff. Colours come on easily without much pressing of
                      the pencils so you won't be too tired doing your colouring work...\"

                      \"You better not lose it ok..\"

                      Then she went... :faint:

                      When i tagged her name sticker on the metal box,
                      she said,\"Ermmm, mum. Can you not write my
                      name on the colour pencils one by one like b4?
                      I can take care of my colours fine without them.
                      Don't worry...\" Embarassment clearly lit her face. :oops:

                      \"Why? You pai-seh is it?\"
                      \"Ermm... uh-huh.. actually.. yah. I won't lose it i promise.\"
                      \"Okay, if you do... i'll use thicker markers to label them in future!\" :rotflmao:

                      That got her scared out of her wits!
                      yjj:
                      I always tell her if \"you dunno\" then it is not important and you dont need it, so no replacement.
                      yjj:
                      If she loses something, I will not replace it immediately, but will allow her to take something old that is being used at home for school instead.

                      I only replace her lost stationary with new ones at the start of new term, but worn out/ used up ones get replaced immediately.

                      Hope this helps πŸ™‚
                      Hey, good one here, yjj. I abide by this too!

                      Cheerios!

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • S Offline
                        schellen
                        last edited by

                        buds, luckily, my DD is nonchalant about the name labels. Maybe because she went to childcare where we have to label everything, she got used to it.


                        I gave her MY own set of colour pencils, the one I bought for myself when I had to use it for my previous job. Since I had no use for it anymore and almost brand new, and as a gift to her for starting P1, I gave it to her. It’s from Faber-Castell and I noticed that at the end of each pencil, there is a little "white area’’ for you to write the name on. This is so useful as before, I had to change to a silver marker in order to label legibly on her old set of dark-coloured pencils.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 3
                        • 4
                        • 2 / 4
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        jackieyeoJ
                        jackieyeo
                        Wonder-fulW
                        Wonder-ful
                        mamamia0510M
                        mamamia0510

                        Statistics

                        8

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy