Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Palm View Primary

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
    2.0k Posts 43 Posters 459.9k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • C Offline
      cyranocrash
      last edited by

      beaniecow:
      one more thing i would like to find out is since the student care end around 6-6.30pm, the teacher will bring them to the gate

      i saw previous page mention that there are school bus to fetch them home isnt? correct me if i am wrong. as i am afraid by the time i off work at 6pm, very unlikely to reach the school by 6.30
      Yes there's school bus available to fetch them home.
      Think u have to make the arrangement with the transport provider (and not the student care) for this.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • C Offline
        clevercookie
        last edited by

        Hi everyone,


        I’m a newbie here. After reading all your positive comments, I would like to enrol my DS in this school. I would like to seek your opinion please. My DS is born in 2009 so P1 registration is only in 2015. I think we have missed the volunteer registration deadline but I am hoping we can appeal. I did not expect a new school would be so popular. My questions are:
        If we are both SG citizens and live within 1 km, do you think we need to do parent volunteer?
        Do you know if this school confirms a place for the child of a parent volunteer? I heard some schools only take in limited no. of volunteers to ensure the placement is confirmed for the children of volunteers.
        Thanks in advance

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • C Offline
          cyranocrash
          last edited by

          clevercookie:
          Hi everyone,


          I'm a newbie here. After reading all your positive comments, I would like to enrol my DS in this school. I would like to seek your opinion please. My DS is born in 2009 so P1 registration is only in 2015. I think we have missed the volunteer registration deadline but I am hoping we can appeal. I did not expect a new school would be so popular. My questions are:
          If we are both SG citizens and live within 1 km, do you think we need to do parent volunteer?
          Do you know if this school confirms a place for the child of a parent volunteer? I heard some schools only take in limited no. of volunteers to ensure the placement is confirmed for the children of volunteers.
          Thanks in advance
          Hi Clevercookie,

          Congratulations on making the right choice to enrol your child in Palm View. Let me be the first person to welcome you to the school.. hehehe.

          I got to know at the open house that the PV registration has closed. I was shocked to hear this as well. But after reading the MOE website carefully, apparently for a child to go under phase 2B, the parent need to register as a volunteer before 1 July of the preceding year. However, I have discussed this with the VP during the open house and she will see if anything can be done as this is the first year Palm View is accepting PVs. Will update this thread if there's any news. In the meantime, do check with the school regularly to see if there are any updates.

          As for your questions about the need to be a PV if you are within 1km, it is really difficult to say. As a gauge, last year, if I'm not mistaken, under phase 2C(S), there's balloting. And this year, the school seems to have gained popularity. So possibly we will see balloting again. And not forgetting, there are new housing developments coming up around the school. So there's possibly more kids who may join the school the next few years.

          Similarly, as this year is the first time the school is introducing the PV scheme (for those registering in 2016 onwards), we will not know if all PVs have a confirmed place in the school.

          All the best in your pursuit for the best school for your child! πŸ™‚

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • W Offline
            wiselyn
            last edited by

            cyranocrash:
            clevercookie:

            Hi everyone,


            I'm a newbie here. After reading all your positive comments, I would like to enrol my DS in this school. I would like to seek your opinion please. My DS is born in 2009 so P1 registration is only in 2015. I think we have missed the volunteer registration deadline but I am hoping we can appeal. I did not expect a new school would be so popular. My questions are:
            If we are both SG citizens and live within 1 km, do you think we need to do parent volunteer?
            Do you know if this school confirms a place for the child of a parent volunteer? I heard some schools only take in limited no. of volunteers to ensure the placement is confirmed for the children of volunteers.
            Thanks in advance

            Hi Clevercookie,

            Congratulations on making the right choice to enrol your child in Palm View. Let me be the first person to welcome you to the school.. hehehe.

            I got to know at the open house that the PV registration has closed. I was shocked to hear this as well. But after reading the MOE website carefully, apparently for a child to go under phase 2B, the parent need to register as a volunteer before 1 July of the preceding year. However, I have discussed this with the VP during the open house and she will see if anything can be done as this is the first year Palm View is accepting PVs. Will update this thread if there's any news. In the meantime, do check with the school regularly to see if there are any updates.

            As for your questions about the need to be a PV if you are within 1km, it is really difficult to say. As a gauge, last year, if I'm not mistaken, under phase 2C(S), there's balloting. And this year, the school seems to have gained popularity. So possibly we will see balloting again. And not forgetting, there are new housing developments coming up around the school. So there's possibly more kids who may join the school the next few years.

            Similarly, as this year is the first time the school is introducing the PV scheme (for those registering in 2016 onwards), we will not know if all PVs have a confirmed place in the school.

            All the best in your pursuit for the best school for your child! πŸ™‚

            Cyranocrash,

            Going to be a mascot for Palm View? Anyway you are right, last year for 2C(s) outside 2 km need to ballot.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • C Offline
              cyranocrash
              last edited by

              wiselyn:
              cyranocrash:

              [quote=\"clevercookie\"]Hi everyone,


              I'm a newbie here. After reading all your positive comments, I would like to enrol my DS in this school. I would like to seek your opinion please. My DS is born in 2009 so P1 registration is only in 2015. I think we have missed the volunteer registration deadline but I am hoping we can appeal. I did not expect a new school would be so popular. My questions are:
              If we are both SG citizens and live within 1 km, do you think we need to do parent volunteer?
              Do you know if this school confirms a place for the child of a parent volunteer? I heard some schools only take in limited no. of volunteers to ensure the placement is confirmed for the children of volunteers.
              Thanks in advance

              Hi Clevercookie,

              Congratulations on making the right choice to enrol your child in Palm View. Let me be the first person to welcome you to the school.. hehehe.

              I got to know at the open house that the PV registration has closed. I was shocked to hear this as well. But after reading the MOE website carefully, apparently for a child to go under phase 2B, the parent need to register as a volunteer before 1 July of the preceding year. However, I have discussed this with the VP during the open house and she will see if anything can be done as this is the first year Palm View is accepting PVs. Will update this thread if there's any news. In the meantime, do check with the school regularly to see if there are any updates.

              As for your questions about the need to be a PV if you are within 1km, it is really difficult to say. As a gauge, last year, if I'm not mistaken, under phase 2C(S), there's balloting. And this year, the school seems to have gained popularity. So possibly we will see balloting again. And not forgetting, there are new housing developments coming up around the school. So there's possibly more kids who may join the school the next few years.

              Similarly, as this year is the first time the school is introducing the PV scheme (for those registering in 2016 onwards), we will not know if all PVs have a confirmed place in the school.

              All the best in your pursuit for the best school for your child! πŸ™‚

              Cyranocrash,

              Going to be a mascot for Palm View? Anyway you are right, last year for 2C(s) outside 2 km need to ballot.[/quote]But...... but...... I can't fit into any mascot costume.. HAHAHAHAHA

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • B Offline
                beaniecow
                last edited by

                saw that palm view vacancy is 240

                Places taken up to Phase 2A(1) 40
                Vacancy For Phase 2A(2) 160
                No. of children registered 0 ->no one registered yet? for Phase 2a(1) AND 2A(2)?

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • W Offline
                  wiselyn
                  last edited by

                  beaniecow:
                  saw that palm view vacancy is 240

                  Places taken up to Phase 2A(1) 40
                  Vacancy For Phase 2A(2) 160
                  No. of children registered 0 ->no one registered yet? for Phase 2a(1) AND 2A(2)?
                  Beaniecow,

                  palm view is a new school, hence not likely to have people who fall under 2a(1) and 2a(2). Unless teacher is registering their children in the school.

                  And currently palm view should still have 200 places left, 40 being filled up at phase 1

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • B Offline
                    beaniecow
                    last edited by

                    wiselyn:
                    beaniecow:

                    saw that palm view vacancy is 240

                    Places taken up to Phase 2A(1) 40
                    Vacancy For Phase 2A(2) 160
                    No. of children registered 0 ->no one registered yet? for Phase 2a(1) AND 2A(2)?

                    Beaniecow,

                    palm view is a new school, hence not likely to have people who fall under 2a(1) and 2a(2). Unless teacher is registering their children in the school.

                    And currently palm view should still have 200 places left, 40 being filled up at phase 1


                    oic thanks a lot.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • S Offline
                      Sam_Lee72
                      last edited by

                      Welcome to Palmview clevercookie. Wow we at the 100pages mark,,,,hahaha. Yes last year balloting was done for phase 2C(S). This year we will only know after 31st July. As far as I know those who stay within 2km have a very good chance of getting in. cyranocrash you can really be the spokeperson for the school..... πŸ˜†


                      cyranocrash:
                      clevercookie:

                      Hi everyone,

                      I'm a newbie here. After reading all your positive comments, I would like to enrol my DS in this school. I would like to seek your opinion please. My DS is born in 2009 so P1 registration is only in 2015. I think we have missed the volunteer registration deadline but I am hoping we can appeal. I did not expect a new school would be so popular. My questions are:
                      If we are both SG citizens and live within 1 km, do you think we need to do parent volunteer?
                      Do you know if this school confirms a place for the child of a parent volunteer? I heard some schools only take in limited no. of volunteers to ensure the placement is confirmed for the children of volunteers.
                      Thanks in advance

                      Hi Clevercookie,

                      Congratulations on making the right choice to enrol your child in Palm View. Let me be the first person to welcome you to the school.. hehehe.

                      I got to know at the open house that the PV registration has closed. I was shocked to hear this as well. But after reading the MOE website carefully, apparently for a child to go under phase 2B, the parent need to register as a volunteer before 1 July of the preceding year. However, I have discussed this with the VP during the open house and she will see if anything can be done as this is the first year Palm View is accepting PVs. Will update this thread if there's any news. In the meantime, do check with the school regularly to see if there are any updates.

                      As for your questions about the need to be a PV if you are within 1km, it is really difficult to say. As a gauge, last year, if I'm not mistaken, under phase 2C(S), there's balloting. And this year, the school seems to have gained popularity. So possibly we will see balloting again. And not forgetting, there are new housing developments coming up around the school. So there's possibly more kids who may join the school the next few years.

                      Similarly, as this year is the first time the school is introducing the PV scheme (for those registering in 2016 onwards), we will not know if all PVs have a confirmed place in the school.

                      All the best in your pursuit for the best school for your child! πŸ™‚

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • N Offline
                        Nandiniim28
                        last edited by

                        any thoughts abt the little theatre performance? Nice to see a lot of parents turn up during working day!!! I thought the speech and drama teachers and staff did an outstanding job and the costumes were fab! Last but not the least the children were awesome on stage

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 98
                        • 99
                        • 100
                        • 101
                        • 102
                        • 199
                        • 200
                        • 100 / 200
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        2

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy