Comparing Math Enrichment Programmes
-
My son’s Math tutor is very good and dedicated. She’s very detailed too. But my son is in Pri 5 this year. One more year to PSLE!
-
Hey pearly,
Is your child currently at neuromaths ?
How long and how he did in his recents maths paper? -
sunnydays2:
My son's Math tutor is very good and dedicated. She's very detailed too. But my son is in Pri 5 this year. One more year to PSLE!
I've PM you,thanks
-
You might wanna try Learning Point. Improvement of 27 points over 6 months (Math)
-
Some tips: Don’t sign up with these so called ‘centres’.
Ask yourself: Are they profit centered or student centered?
They are running a BUSINESS. They hire teachers to teach and these teachers teach because they want the $. The centre focuses on profit and will hire the teacher as long as he/she is willing to teach. Quality Control? Nope. As an ex-teacher in 2 different prominent tuition centres in Singapore, I am DISGUSTED at their work ethics. Pui.
Try home small group tuition, and see the difference. The teacher you contact is most probably the one that will be teaching your child and it is most probably a one man show (no receptionist, no higher management or sales team that will MARKET and convince you to sign up for more than you need)
Hope it helps!=)
Regards,
Peter -
Hi. I have a P3 daughter for which I’m looking for a math class to support and strengthen what she’s taught at school.
Through secondhand source, heard about an enrichment centre at Chancery Court called "Formation."
Has anyone heard of Formation Enrichment Centre and have firsthand experience?
A bit far from me because I stay near Mountbatten Rd.
I also ran across some info on JEI Math at Marine Parade.
Or does anyone have feedback on other good options in the Marine Parade area? JustEducation has JustMaths which recently opened at Parkway Centre. Has anyone tried it?
How about MindChamps?
Too many choices and not sure where to turn…
Thanks!!! -
My daughter has been going to Formation for the combined SciMath classes since middle of P4. It has been good for her. I have noticed improvement particularly in her Maths since she started there. Before starting, she was struggling to complete the Math paper with only enough time to check the MCQ (Section A). After joining, her computation skills have improved vastly and she can comfortable finish the paper and check her work.
Now in Pri. 6, the SciMath Eureka (high ability) class is 2.5hrs, once a week. Best of all, she enjoys it. -
Thanks alot for sharing about Formation Math and Science programs. Sounds great! Now only wish they had a branch nearer to me! Will keep in mind anyhow.
thanks again! -
May I know the differences between the two centers? Any parents can share?
-
Hello! I am quite new to this forum. I read some of the threads on maths. Appreciate anyone who has kids attending Kumon maths and MPM to give me advice n feedback please. I am looking for maths enrichment class for my kids who is 5 yrs old. Thanks!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login