Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Comparing Math Enrichment Programmes

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Mathematics
    808 Posts 414 Posters 467.1k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • M Offline
      MikShar
      last edited by

      Hi, any parents heard of Daekyo Eye Level?


      Ds is very careless when doing Maths so trying to find a suitable enrichment program that can help (hopefully)!

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • I Offline
        Imami
        last edited by

        faithgurl:
        Hi phtthp & Kellystarry,


        Thanks for your valuable feedback.
        For Kumon, I hv read tt their work is quite repetitive & I think the child will be quite bored if the lesson is not so lively.

        Anybody else can provide more feedbacks? Thanks so much.
        I think Kumon will be good for training time management and precision. From what I heard, the kid has to complete the worksheet in a stipulated time and that there must not be any mistake in order to proceed. This, I think, would train on speed and accuracy. However, it has its limitation. Those kids who learn faster/more intelligent, would get bored by such repetitive work.

        If you are keen in MPM, then try out Jelic. MPM is for kids at least 6yo. Any younger, go for Jelic.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • F Offline
          faithgurl
          last edited by

          Hi,


          Thanks for sharing. Do you have any idea where are the centres located? I can't seems to find it.

          Imami:
          faithgurl:

          Hi phtthp & Kellystarry,

          Thanks for your valuable feedback.
          For Kumon, I hv read tt their work is quite repetitive & I think the child will be quite bored if the lesson is not so lively.

          Anybody else can provide more feedbacks? Thanks so much.

          I think Kumon will be good for training time management and precision. From what I heard, the kid has to complete the worksheet in a stipulated time and that there must not be any mistake in order to proceed. This, I think, would train on speed and accuracy. However, it has its limitation. Those kids who learn faster/more intelligent, would get bored by such repetitive work.

          If you are keen in MPM, then try out Jelic. MPM is for kids at least 6yo. Any younger, go for Jelic.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • G Offline
            Geraldinelim
            last edited by

            hi faithgurl,


            Are you looking for good centres? Where do you stay? Let me know if you need help. I have good recommendation. Dont mind sharing with you šŸ™‚

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • F Offline
              faithgurl
              last edited by

              Hi Geraldinelim,


              I have just sent u a pm.

              Anybody else can share with me where are MPM centres located?

              Geraldinelim:
              hi faithgurl,

              Are you looking for good centres? Where do you stay? Let me know if you need help. I have good recommendation. Dont mind sharing with you šŸ™‚

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • D Offline
                deardear07
                last edited by

                How is mindstretcher for p2 at bishan? Is standard good there? How r the teachers like?

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • B Offline
                  Blue Pearl
                  last edited by

                  Has anyone sent their kid to SAM? How is it? It seems that they are following closely with MOE syllabus. Any comments?


                  Which is better? MPM or SAM? SAM is done by local teacher unlike MPM overseas.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • F Offline
                    faithgurl
                    last edited by

                    Hi,


                    Did anyone tried Global Education Hub 3G Abacus, Mental Arithmetic + Left and Right Brain IQ Training? Need some feedback. Thks!

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • C Offline
                      chloe lew
                      last edited by

                      Hi my boy next year pri 1 i need help him find a good math learning center , who can tell me Which Learning Math Center is good ? Thank you .

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • C Offline
                        cathywongwcc
                        last edited by

                        chloe lew:
                        Hi my boy next year pri 1 i need help him find a good math learning center , who can tell me Which Learning Math Center is good ? Thank you .

                        Where are you staying?

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better šŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 77
                        • 78
                        • 79
                        • 80
                        • 81
                        • 81 / 81
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        EducareTutoringE
                        EducareTutoring

                        Statistics

                        6

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy