Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    CHIJ (Kellock)

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
    702 Posts 83 Posters 265.0k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • S Offline
      smallfly
      last edited by

      do you mean Before/After School Care?


      I am thinking of sending my daughter. But I am still considering which one to send her?

      Do you have any idea do the BASC provides nap? Guidance on school work?

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • M Offline
        Maozai
        last edited by

        Yes, I mean Before/After School Care. I have totally no idea what to expect from BASC and what they do. Sigh~ cos initially didn’t plan t send her to one.


        Have you shortlisted any? Where do you stay?

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • B Offline
          Bunbun
          last edited by

          Hi, just for your reference, I am sending my daughter to KinderCorner2. They are a child care and after/before school care centre. This centre is located in Science Park 2. My daughter literally ‘grew up’ there as she has been going there since she was 18 months. I think the environment is quite nice and they have responsible teachers there.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • S Offline
            smallfly
            last edited by

            Hi Maozai,


            The following BASC are gotten from the previous posts from this forum.


            Cherie Hearts Merryland Pte Ltd
            Blk 113 Bukit Purmei Road
            #01-226, Singapore 090113
            Tel: 6 270 1939
            Fax: 6 272 1682
            Branch Director: Mrs Evelyn Goh
            http://www.cherieheartsmerryland.com.sg


            Cherie Hearts @ Depot Pte Ltd
            5 Depot Road, CMPB Camp
            Singapore 109681
            Tel: 6 373 1531 / 1532
            Fax: 6 373 1533
            Branch Director: Ms Michelle Ong
            http://www.cherieheartsdepot.com.sg

            However, there is a new branch in HarbourFront,

            Cherie Hearts @ The Bay Pte Ltd
            (with Infant-care services)
            3 HarbourFront Place
            #02-03 to #02-04 HarbourFront Tower Two
            Singapore 099254
            Tel: 8 399 3903
            Branch Director: Mr Xu Yijue

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • M Offline
              Maozai
              last edited by

              Thanks BunBun for sharing. Its nice to continue your gal in a familiar environment. Too bad my gal's childcare do not have BASC. 😞


              Hi Smallfly, you seem to be a fan of Cherie Hearts. 🙂

              I'm staying near Redhill MRT.. trying to source for one near my place preferrably within walking distance. I know there's one at Leng Kee CC, Bright Kids school. They charge around $364.. Is this price reasonable? Cos I was checking out YWCA at Outram, and they charges only $290.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • B Offline
                Bunbun
                last edited by

                Oh ya. Another thing to consider when you choose the centre is, if there are any school buses willing to send your daughter from chij kellock to the after school care centre.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • F Offline
                  fftw
                  last edited by

                  Hi there,

                  My daughter is going to Primary 1 in CHIJ Kellock. I am looking for a tutor to tutor her in Chinese. Does anyone have any recommendations for good chinese tutors?

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • J Offline
                    jo.010813ong
                    last edited by

                    Dear parents,


                    What makes you select this school? Based on the PSLE results or the environment or the teachers? I am just curious how parents decide on the school.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • B Offline
                      Bunbun
                      last edited by

                      Hello fftw,


                      Which area do you stay? I have a tutor for my daughter right now to coach her on her Mandarin as she is quite weak in this area. I can recommend her to you, but you’ve got to know that this tutor is not the type who would drill a student with lots of accessment books. I notice that her approach is to help my daughter develop interest in Mandarin, overcome her phobia to speaking the launguage, through flash cards, and sometimes arts and craft. I quite like this approach … for now.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • F Offline
                        fftw
                        last edited by

                        Hi Bunbun,

                        I am staying at Pasir Panjang now, near Vivocity. Next year, I will be moving to The Pinnacle. My daughter currently goes to Berries twice a week but from Primary 1 onwards, its only once a week. So I am looking for a tuition teacher who will be able to revise with her the Berries work as well as the school homework. My family does not speak mandarin yet my daughter do not dislike mandarin. So its important that the tuition teacher does not "drill" my daughter, otherwise she will end up hating mandarin. Please PM me your tutor contact? Is your daughter also going to Ptimary 1 next year at CHIJ Kellock?

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 3
                        • 4
                        • 5
                        • 70
                        • 71
                        • 2 / 71
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        1

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy