Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Compassvale Primary

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
    134 Posts 35 Posters 135.5k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • C Offline
      cucam
      last edited by

      Hi all,

      I’m still considering whether I should try my luck at Compassvale Primary or Rivervale Primary at this coming P1 registration. Both will be under Phase 2C, so I have to choose either one of them. I’m within 1km for both schools.
      anyone can enlighten me what are the strenght and weaknesses for Compassvale Primary that I should know about?
      thanks so much for your input!

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • D Offline
        deremi
        last edited by

        Hi parents,


        Im newbie here. Would like to hear from some feedback of this school. Planning to put my kid in this school. Thanks alot.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • C Offline
          cucam
          last edited by

          Hi, anybody has attended the orientation day at Compassvale previous years? I’ve registered my daughter there this year however we’re not in Spore on the Day. Can you tell with me what do they share on their orientation day (school tour/book sale/uniform sale/etc)? Is it worthed to cut short my holiday just to attend the orientation?

          thanks so much!!

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • T Offline
            taztanmu
            last edited by

            Can anyone share their experience with the school whether this few years there is a drop of standard ?


            Where can i get the 2011 PSLE result of who the school have fare ?

            Thanks

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • M Offline
              metalsubzero
              last edited by

              Hi All, I’m new to this forum… My elder son is currently 5 this year and am preparing for his registration as it’ll be next year… Just called Compassvale Primary and they told me that application is still open for kids born in year 2007… I have just submitted my PV application to Nan Chiau, but I think chances are low as I’m staying 1-2km away from the school…


              I understand that NCPS will not accept any applications for anyone staying >1km away from the school for Phase 2C, therefore if my PV is rejected, there is absolutely no chance to get in…


              I’ve basically shortlisted 2 schools should my PV application get rejected… They are Rivervale Primary and Compassvale Primary… I believe these 2 schools should be one of the better schools in Sengkang… Would there be a need to apply for PV should I go with Compassvale Primary?

              And anyone can shed some light on the performance of the school in terms of academics and CCAs? I always believe there should be a balance between academics and CCAs like sports/music etc…

              My last choice is to enrol my son in Sengkang primary, which is only one street across from my blk… And I think it should not be a problem getting into the school under Phase 2C Supp as it is not one of the popular schools…

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • M Offline
                mummy so kiasu
                last edited by

                taztanmu:
                Can anyone share their experience with the school whether this few years there is a drop of standard ?


                Where can i get the 2011 PSLE result of who the school have fare ?

                Thanks
                You may try to call the school or go to it's website to find out. Some schools put up such info on their school website or notice board. Don't just look at 2011 PSLE result. It will be more accurate to base on past 3 years result.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • M Offline
                  mummy so kiasu
                  last edited by

                  Hi metalsubzero, I think you should become a PV of Rivervale to increase your chance of getting into the school. Base on past years history, if you are accepted by Rivervale, most likely you will get a place in that school. Your chance of getting into Compassvale Pri is good if you are within 1 km, even you are not a PV. I don’t think you get a chance to get into Nan Chiau, which is the most popular school in Sengkang. You have to be within 1 km in order to apply to be a PV. Last resort, join the Hokkien Huay Kuan in order to get into phase 2B, provided your hubby is a Hokkien.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • F Offline
                    friendship
                    last edited by

                    the website of this school doesnot even show the result of 2011 PSLE achiever. they don’t entertain by calling the general office.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • V Offline
                      vinlene
                      last edited by

                      Does anyone know for next year (2013) P1, is it in afternoon session or morning session?


                      I called the school about 1-2 mths ago and was told it will be in afternoon session…
                      When I called again last week or so, they said they are not sure now…

                      Anyone have kids currently studying in this school who have any details to share? Thanks in advanced.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • D Offline
                        Dad_of_2kids
                        last edited by

                        Hi Vinlene, the P1 of Compassvale Primary will be in the morning session for next year 2013 as per MOE website:


                        List 4: Primary Schools Planned to Transit to Single Session in Academic Year 2013
                        1.Ang Mo Kio Primary
                        2.Bendemeer Primary
                        3.Canossa Convent
                        4.Chongfu
                        5.Compassvale Primary

                        Cheers!

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 3
                        • 4
                        • 5
                        • 13
                        • 14
                        • 2 / 14
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        2

                        Online

                        211.3k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy