Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Nan Chiau Primary

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
    3.3k Posts 171 Posters 1.0m Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • S Offline
      Suaku_mum
      last edited by

      sc88:
      timtim:

      [quote=\"Suaku_mum\"]
      Thanks so much for the info, I din know sch starts on 4 Jan instead of 3 Jan! I can imagine the embarassment if I bring DS to school on Mon and realised it's closed :oops:

      Btw, we only need to pack pencil case, water bottle to school on Day 1 or there are more to bring?

      Other than that, unless more instructions from sch, can bring along 1 or 2 story books πŸ˜„


      Every Mon-Wed is English story book, Thurs-Fri is chinese story book. :D[/quote]Thanks for the info πŸ˜„

      My DS will be in Polaris as well, I am thinking to watch him from far as the centre walk them to school on 4 Jan. Or shall I just send DS to sch myself on the big day instead?

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • B Offline
        b2b3m4
        last edited by

        Eh? Confirmed 4th Jan?? I took leave and was all prepared for 3rd. Gosh! Thanks for the update. My dd also with Polaris, she will start this wednesday.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • S Offline
          sc88
          last edited by

          b2b3m4:
          Eh? Confirmed 4th Jan?? I took leave and was all prepared for 3rd. Gosh! Thanks for the update. My dd also with Polaris, she will start this wednesday.

          Confirmed. πŸ˜„ .My girl next year will be in Pri 2. Their notice also printed wrongly and I called in the admin side and she confirmed too is on the 4th Jan 2011.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • L Offline
            lynntan15
            last edited by

            sc88:

            Confirmed. πŸ˜„ .My girl next year will be in Pri 2. Their notice also printed wrongly and I called in the admin side and she confirmed too is on the 4th Jan 2011.
            Yes. I called the school and confirm is on the 4 Jan.

            I thought I missed out on school opening date during the Orientation. :lol: :lol:

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • D Offline
              DoDo_DoDo
              last edited by

              sweetpea:
              Hi,

              Anyone has 2011 NCPS school calender of events? I know for some primary schools, they have a school diary with all the dates included. Not sure if NCPS has something similar? I am looking specifically for dates of school closure or dates where the P1 do not have to go to school eg PSLE marking day, PSLE orals etc. Need to plan leave. Thanks!
              The school has a handbook - with all details about the school (physical appearance i. length of hair), conduct expected of students etc. The book also include the school terms and the generic MOE wide school hols eg closure after National Day. But for specific closure like school marking days; elearning day, etc, the school will send out the circular closer to those dates.

              Hope that helps.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • S Offline
                sc88
                last edited by

                Suaku_mum:
                sc88:

                [quote=\"timtim\"]
                Other than that, unless more instructions from sch, can bring along 1 or 2 story books πŸ˜„


                Every Mon-Wed is English story book, Thurs-Fri is chinese story book. πŸ˜„

                Thanks for the info πŸ˜„

                My DS will be in Polaris as well, I am thinking to watch him from far as the centre walk them to school on 4 Jan. Or shall I just send DS to sch myself on the big day instead?[/quote]First day of school , better bring your DS personally from the Polaris as...Just like us, during our first day of work (New Environment, new colleagues ) we are excited and needs encouragement too .. :nailbite:

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • VeveyV Offline
                  Vevey
                  last edited by

                  lynntan15:
                  Vevey:

                  Hi Lynn,

                  Yours is 1.5hrs?

                  yes. 8pm to 9.30pm.

                  Who is your Coach? I forgetten my Coach name.

                  Oh, ours is 2hr.
                  DS1 mentioned his coach is a Mr Low or something like that, I also not sure. :oops: Andy used to coach his class personally but these days it's Eugene who is overseeing the entire session.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • VeveyV Offline
                    Vevey
                    last edited by

                    sweetpea:
                    Hi,

                    Anyone has 2011 NCPS school calender of events? I know for some primary schools, they have a school diary with all the dates included. Not sure if NCPS has something similar? I am looking specifically for dates of school closure or dates where the P1 do not have to go to school eg PSLE marking day, PSLE orals etc. Need to plan leave. Thanks!
                    There's a calender of events at NCPS website but some details can b quite fluid until closer to date. I like to know e Wed's assembly \"Specials\" so that I hv an idea what's DS is so excited abt. πŸ˜‰

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • C Offline
                      Chicky
                      last edited by

                      wsc:
                      Hi there! My boy is also in 1G 2011! Am surprised to hear that this is just \"temporary\" class for them here. Also thinking, besides school bag, wallet, phone card, what other items to buy before school reopens.


                      Mommy K:

                      [quote=\"b2b3m4\"]According to a parent whose children is already studying in the school. The test conducted on our kids on orientation day was to assess whether they are on par with the rest. Usually if there is a letter to recommend to attend certain courses, it means the child is weaker on that subject.

                      DD is already taking ballet now. I've checked with her whether she wld like to take up dancing in school. She wasn't keen and prefer to continue to follow her teacher at Dancepointe.

                      Parents,
                      1. For a start, how much shld we give our kids as pocket $. Especially since the kids recess are already covered?

                      2. Do we need to give them a phone card?

                      3. Do we need to pack in all the 1st semster books?

                      4. Stationary: pencils, eraser, ruler, color pencils... anything else?

                      5. was there a handbook in our booklist or given on 1st day of school?

                      And just thinking if we want to get to know each other better. My DD is in Class 1G.

                      [/quote]Hi, my boy is also in P 1G. He also said that he was tested on phonics, Chinese and Maths. So far, i did not rec any letter from the school. I also ddnt know that P 1G is a temp class. I thot it is permanent. I am a working mummy. Hope to keep in connection with parents in NCP.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • T Offline
                        thmejlfm
                        last edited by

                        Hi, everyone.


                        My DD will be Pri 1 next year. Would like to know whether any parent going to stay in school for the first 3 days during the recess times. Since, the school had already arranged to bring the food to each classes.

                        I was thinking they are not coming down, then what is the purpose of staying in the school.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 69
                        • 70
                        • 71
                        • 72
                        • 73
                        • 325
                        • 326
                        • 71 / 326
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        2

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy