Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Chongzheng Primary

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
    132 Posts 32 Posters 72.1k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • M Offline
      Min Min
      last edited by

      Sorry, I’m not sure. It could b A , B, & D same…but all classes will be well taken care of…my DS told me weaker students will hv a lot of remedial classes…in CZ, every child matters…

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • N Offline
        nonon28
        last edited by

        Hi,

        I am so confuse about the class arrangement . My friend told me his son in place to
        6G next year! The teacher said G is better than E ! Any one an clarify?

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • I Offline
          Idono
          last edited by

          Min Min:
          Hi,

          My DS in 3C next yr. He say there isn't any 3G... He told me the boy i.e 3rd in P2 standard this year will be in 3E. His form teacher told the class tat next year, 3C will compete w 3E and B with D..

          Min min, your DS is classmate with my boy in 2C? Yes, C & E still best class in terms of academic achievements. It looks like they alternate the students between these classes. My DS was a bit disappointed can't go his usual \"C\" class in P3 coz his best friends are there.

          But to worry for other classes, CZ drive their teachers hard. Coz they want good passing for all classes.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • L Offline
            libran269
            last edited by

            Idono:
            Min Min:

            Hi,

            My DS in 3C next yr. He say there isn't any 3G... He told me the boy i.e 3rd in P2 standard this year will be in 3E. His form teacher told the class tat next year, 3C will compete w 3E and B with D..


            Min min, your DS is classmate with my boy in 2C? Yes, C & E still best class in terms of academic achievements. It looks like they alternate the students between these classes. My DS was a bit disappointed can't go his usual \"C\" class in P3 coz his best friends are there.

            But to worry for other classes, CZ drive their teachers hard. Coz they want good passing for all classes.

            Idono & Min Min - Are you happy with the school? This is one of the school I am considering for my DD.
            Please advise.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • I Offline
              Idono
              last edited by

              libran269:

              Idono & Min Min - Are you happy with the school? This is one of the school I am considering for my DD.
              Please advise.
              libran269 - When I chose CZ, it was with the intention that I didnt want my DS to be in too competitive an academic environment like in \"top\" schools. At least until I know where he stands. However, I wanted a school where the kids are generally well behaved and where the school strives to be a \"top\" school. So I guess overall, CZ fulfills these 2 criterias.

              So far, the teachers have done a good job IMO. The only issue I see is that for my DS case, in P2, the chinese teacher keeps changing and often times, a relief is teaching the class. It clearly shows in his results, his chinese results was quite terrible during P2 and it drag down his overall score.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • L Offline
                libran269
                last edited by

                Idono:
                libran269:


                Idono & Min Min - Are you happy with the school? This is one of the school I am considering for my DD.
                Please advise.

                libran269 - When I chose CZ, it was with the intention that I didnt want my DS to be in too competitive an academic environment like in \"top\" schools. At least until I know where he stands. However, I wanted a school where the kids are generally well behaved and where the school strives to be a \"top\" school. So I guess overall, CZ fulfills these 2 criterias.

                So far, the teachers have done a good job IMO. The only issue I see is that for my DS case, in P2, the chinese teacher keeps changing and often times, a relief is teaching the class. It clearly shows in his results, his chinese results was quite terrible during P2 and it drag down his overall score.

                Thanks a tonne for the feed back.
                I am glad teachers are hardworking;
                So far how was the PSLE results - good number of quality passes?
                Have you spoken to teacher about frequent changing of teachers?

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • I Offline
                  Idono
                  last edited by

                  I’m pretty "hands-off" with regards to the parents-teacher stuff so far. However, I am aware of the reasons which I felt was valid and its something that the school tries but somewhat beyond their control.


                  CZ seems to be above average for PSLE results. I guess my main gross so far is their limited choice for CCA. Wanted sports as CCA for my boy but they only have rugby and hockey to choose from. Both not in my good books 😛

                  In general, my opinion most schools will dedicate their best resources to the graduating classes. Also, because of the way we look at our schools, the better classes academically tend to allocated to their best teachers. So its somewhat unavoidable to get average resource for lower primary. For a GEP school, their best teachers will always go to the GEP class. Maybe I’m odd in my opinion but this is a key reason why we avoided GEP school for my DS.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • M Offline
                    Min Min
                    last edited by

                    Hi Idono,

                    My DS in 2E, next year 3C..great to know you.

                    Libran269,
                    Er... Why I chose CZ? Bcos I stay opposite 🕺

                    I agree w Idono that there isn't many choices of CCA. Overall, I think this school is ok, not too stress la..

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • I Offline
                      Idono
                      last edited by

                      Didn’t really like the way they exchange class. At first I thought becoz E is for students with slightly weaker chinese, but then its not. Its just alternate placing. Anyway, DS already made promises with his current friends they will meet up every recess time to play police & thief 😛

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • Y Offline
                        yeomaylin
                        last edited by

                        My dd joined CZ in 2009. During then, they were streamed accordingly to their result of an eng & maths tests taken in the 2nd week of Jan.

                        This yr, my ds joined CZ. I believe an entry test was given during the orientation and the sch streamed the students accordingly as usual. I asked one of the teachers but she insisted that no streaming was taken placed for P1 & 2 in 2003 onwards. So now, I don’t know what to believe.

                        Through my experience w CZ, there are good teachers and a few "not good" teachers. You can know who are the good and not-so-good ones by looking at the result of the whole class in CAs and SAs. It truly made a huge diff.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 10
                        • 11
                        • 12
                        • 13
                        • 14
                        • 12 / 14
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        0

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy