Chongfu Primary
-
For parents with kids going to P1 next year, I have some P1 and P2 books to clear cheaply, please contact me via PM if keen.
For those still pondering over the split of the top 2 classes, the school actually splits the top 80 plus into 2 classes. Into odd and even based on level position. Some position have more than 1 student ranked to it so they will be randomly placed. Majority who are odd will be in 3 Achieving. Those even are in 3 Sincere. Of course, there are some minority who are different and these are the positions which has more than 1 student attaining it.
For P1, the kids are placed into classes according to their phases. Then, among the phases, they will be "mini-streamed" according their ability (the tests done during orientation). So, in general, there are no so call best or top class for Primary One. By chance, the siblings class might be so called "stronger" because the parents are "experienced" and know how to handle or help the kids.
P3 still uses pencil. Along the way, if the teacher feels that the kids are ready, they may allow it (subject to teacher’s "approval")
Above are my personal views to share ya. Enjoy the holidays! -
Hi snggy
Ok we now know that from P3 onwards there are the best 2 classes, I saw some mummies mention about BICEP and E2k? Are these classes other than the top 2? Why are there so many differentiation? It’s so confusing. I also heard somewhere that by end P4, if not all subjects score band 1, pupils have to downgrade to standard Chinese, is that right? For pupils continuing in the higher Chinese journey, they will have to take 5 subjects at PSLE? -
Dear all,
What is the best way to buy text books? I am having issue with Pacificbookstores website… Either i cant get to the website or it will get stuck half way after i signed in…thanks… -
I have the same problem with you, this Pacific bookstore website cannot make it!
-
I have no problem with my order when I access to it on 12 Nov. I even placed order for 2 different level.
Maybe too many parents access to the site so it jammed up the server?
Alternatively, you can buy from popular or drop by the school bookshop to buy if the website still give problem. -
when is the collection date per the bookshop website? Is it the same collection date as per the booklist?
-
Imp75:
when is the collection date per the bookshop website? Is it the same collection date as per the booklist?
Collection starts from 21 Nov onwards.
I opt for home delivery which starts from 24 Nov. -
Hi… the website seems ok now…some items are not available though…I will opt for home delivery as well…cheers…
-
Hihi… Any mummy with kid gg to 3 United next year?
-
Imp75:
My child cohort ranking in P3 was among 81 to 120. This year P4, she was posted to a class (not bicep) which she had E2k and higher ability English lessons. On top of it, her teacher had marked for her Onsponge homework. Understand from her, few of closer classmates falled within the same range.Hi snggy
Ok we now know that from P3 onwards there are the best 2 classes, I saw some mummies mention about BICEP and E2k? Are these classes other than the top 2? Why are there so many differentiation? It's so confusing. I also heard somewhere that by end P4, if not all subjects score band 1, pupils have to downgrade to standard Chinese, is that right? For pupils continuing in the higher Chinese journey, they will have to take 5 subjects at PSLE?
Kind of not easy to understand the streaming.
End P4, her cohort ranking had improved to 81 to 100 range, her book list is not P5S. At this point really no clue if she will still hv E2k and higher ability English as well as Onsponge workbook. She could opt for higher Chinese.
It is not true that all subjects must be in band 1 to qualify for higher Chinese option. But I believe the Chinese results has to be passing 75 marks to qualify for higher Chinese option with other 3 subjects reasonably OK.
Hope the info help.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login