Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    2013 Sec 1 Discussions

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Secondary Schools - Academic Support
    817 Posts 96 Posters 463.7k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • T Offline
      TheAnswer
      last edited by

      janet_lee88:
      I feel so pek chek...right after long weekend, test dates are given.

      Signing all the acknowledgement slips made me go ga ga.
      Valentine's day tomorrow...thought of slipping to town with mum...but she made appt for facial. I am feeling so lethargic...just not in the mood :stupid:
      We always need another break to recover from the previous break. I feel so lethargic today. Body clock all messed up due to irregular sleeping hours during CNY!

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • janet88J Offline
        janet88
        last edited by

        TheAnswer:
        janet_lee88:

        I feel so pek chek...right after long weekend, test dates are given.

        Signing all the acknowledgement slips made me go ga ga.
        Valentine's day tomorrow...thought of slipping to town with mum...but she made appt for facial. I am feeling so lethargic...just not in the mood :stupid:

        We always need another break to recover from the previous break. I feel so lethargic today. Body clock all messed up due to irregular sleeping hours during CNY!

        It's frustrating isn't it? We needed that long break after just one month into sec school...instead of being rejuvenated, I am more lethargic instead.
        Body clock hard to adjust to routine.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • T Offline
          TheAnswer
          last edited by

          janet_lee88:
          TheAnswer:

          [quote=\"janet_lee88\"]I feel so pek chek...right after long weekend, test dates are given.

          Signing all the acknowledgement slips made me go ga ga.
          Valentine's day tomorrow...thought of slipping to town with mum...but she made appt for facial. I am feeling so lethargic...just not in the mood :stupid:

          We always need another break to recover from the previous break. I feel so lethargic today. Body clock all messed up due to irregular sleeping hours during CNY!

          It's frustrating isn't it? We needed that long break after just one month into sec school...instead of being rejuvenated, I am more lethargic instead.
          Body clock hard to adjust to routine.[/quote]What to do? We still need to adjust! :slapshead:

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • janet88J Offline
            janet88
            last edited by

            Hooray...it's Friday :rahrah:

            Son's late day bcos of his CCA till 6.

            He will know result of his Geography, History and Science tests today...he just passed the Chinese test. Sec 1 is a brand new world for us but most importantly, he is adjusting well.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • F Offline
              fifiyeo
              last edited by

              DS ya ya thought he will top the class for Math. Ended up failed! All careless mistakes due to shortcuts. Hahahaha! Now eating humble pie. Finally willing to do all his workings properly for his Math schoolwork.


              Yesterday showed my his Sci surprise test. Told me he’s no.2 in class. Waking up already.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • M Offline
                mummy so kiasu
                last edited by

                fifiyeo:
                DS ya ya thought he will top the class for Math. Ended up failed! All careless mistakes due to shortcuts. Hahahaha! Now eating humble pie. Finally willing to do all his workings properly for his Math schoolwork.


                Yesterday showed my his Sci surprise test. Told me he's no.2 in class. Waking up already.
                After all, it is not a bad thing to fail, at least the kids will not take it too lightly. They will be more well prepared for their future tests. Since there is going to be countless tests, it is possible for them to overlook one or two tests.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • janet88J Offline
                  janet88
                  last edited by

                  My son was afraid I’ll scold him for a 52% grade for Chinese…but with so many tests, I close one eye but reminded him to revise constantly.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • I Offline
                    iFirefly
                    last edited by

                    mummy so kiasu:
                    fifiyeo:

                    DS ya ya thought he will top the class for Math. Ended up failed! All careless mistakes due to shortcuts. Hahahaha! Now eating humble pie. Finally willing to do all his workings properly for his Math schoolwork.


                    Yesterday showed my his Sci surprise test. Told me he's no.2 in class. Waking up already.

                    After all, it is not a bad thing to fail, at least the kids will not take it too lightly. They will be more well prepared for their future tests. Since there is going to be countless tests, it is possible for them to overlook one or two tests.

                    失败是成功之母。。 加油!

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • F Offline
                      fifiyeo
                      last edited by

                      Sure agree that sometimes just need to learn through the hard way. I’m glad it happened at the beginning of the year so DS will gear up.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • janet88J Offline
                        janet88
                        last edited by

                        fifiyeo:
                        Sure agree that sometimes just need to learn through the hard way. I'm glad it happened at the beginning of the year so DS will gear up.

                        It's a new beginning...son is still trying to cope. Like next week, he has 2 tests on the same day - Eng & Math. All the tests are impt, so revision must be very consistent. Son's history teacher told class that there will be MORE to memorize as they move on.

                        I am stressed too...bcos I am under 'house arrest'...mornings are supposed to be 'me' time but yet I can't go out 😢 bcos I have to prepare lunch by 1230pm...besides stores do not open till 11am.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 43
                        • 44
                        • 45
                        • 46
                        • 47
                        • 81
                        • 82
                        • 45 / 82
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        1

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy