Tingkat Dinner
-
Eating tingkat meals for too long is not healthy I feel. You will know what I mean when you realize the veges. does not seem as fresh and crispy compared to what you cook yourself. No exotic veges. like brocolli etc. which one can just steam and add butter (delicious!). If order soup, lagi can see the difference. Won’t have much ingredients. We changed from 3dish+1soup to 4 dishes. The replacement is usually fried and something small.
Lots and lots of pork…after eating halal with my maid for so many years, I also cannot take it after a while…
After a while, better to have home-cooked food. Cook soups with all fresh ingredients thrown in, one-pot something and just eat with rice. Can beat the tingkat anytime!
-
I cook lunch. I dish with soup, vege, meat is really nutritious. My creamy potatoes and sweet carrots are so yummy. But can’t face the idea of cooking 2 meals.
-
DesertWind:
agree. i had two months tingkat for lunch after giving birth....my son and i agreed not to continue. dont find if good...simple fried rice or noodle for lunch for us now...Eating tingkat meals for too long is not healthy I feel. You will know what I mean when you realize the veges. does not seem as fresh and crispy compared to what you cook yourself. No exotic veges. like brocolli etc. which one can just steam and add butter (delicious!). If order soup, lagi can see the difference. Won't have much ingredients. We changed from 3dish+1soup to 4 dishes. The replacement is usually fried and something small.
Lots and lots of pork....after eating halal with my maid for so many years, I also cannot take it after a while...
After a while, better to have home-cooked food. Cook soups with all fresh ingredients thrown in, one-pot something and just eat with rice. Can beat the tingkat anytime!
-
Cooking is easier if can plan it properly.Over wkend,i’ll marinate n divide the meats,cut n chop garlic+onion,soak n wash all the vege n pack it wf ziplock+kitchen towel.
I make soup every morning.The easier way,put all red dates+soy bean+small scallop or ikan bilies,etc into disposable soup pouches.Blench the pork ribs,then throw soup pouch,vege,etc…
Home make soup can do wonder in creating more dishes.I throw in the pork balls into soup,then fry vege b4 kids come back…Can also use soup as base to steam fish,just add in tomato+sesame oil…etc…
Mashed potato can prepare in advance.Add in some cheese,milk into mashed potato,turn it into more nutritious meal. When kids come bk,just heat up the mashed potato…
If i am out to run errands,i’ll make baked chicken.Just put the marinated chicken wings into the oven n off i go…no nid to monitor fire. -
hi all
I am looking for a good and reliable home meal delivery tingkat service. Anybody has experience and can recomend? -
Where did you buy the disposable soup pouches? Do you wash the ingredients before putting into the pouches?
Was thinking of doing such preparation in advance to minimise my hands exposure to water. -
cherrygal:
From Daiso.Sometx can find fr. Chinese herbs shop...Where did you buy the disposable soup pouches? Do you wash the ingredients before putting into the pouches?
Was thinking of doing such preparation in advance to minimise my hands exposure to water.
I wash the pouch(with ingredients in it) b4 dumping it into the soup.
If i am not lazy,I'll wash the pouch(together wf ingredients in it)& soak it overnight(remember to put it into the fridge).Then the next morning,i just put the pouch into the soup,together wf the pre-soak water.Don't throw away the water.Anyway,the water is not dirty,coz oredi washed the pouch b4 we soak,right?
Later,I'll pm the picture of pouch. -
Hi vinegar, could you pm me the picture as well? I am interested in getting one…
-
-
Oh this is great! Thanks!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login