[Novena] Primary Schools
-
magic8ball:
SMGS is also a viable choice for parents who don't want to go through balloting. If ballot fails, there's a high chance that there won't even be spaces in smgs for P2C(S).
is it st Margarets primary school (SMPS)
or
what is SMGS -
yes, I meant St Margaret’s
-
Smps = ST. MARGARETS PRIMARY SCHOOL.
not St. Margarets girls school. -
becknat68:
My niece is in P5 there.... it is an all rounded school, Tab dancing, Net ball, Tennis, Drama.... does lots of Charity work with different countries... I feel it is a non stressful school... and it is still an all girl school...Oh Steamystream, thanks for the reminder. I can actually go for CHIJ kellock too as my mum is within 1-2Km of the school.(I totally forgot abt CHIJ kellock till u mentioned)
Just called the school, the person said 1-2km \"so far still safe\". Thks thks!!!
Well, may see your DD there too... :xedfingers:
Maybe I am consoling myself... :scratchhead: -
becknat68
I am assuming u r going to run down to make a statutory declaration that your mum/dad is the pri caregiver and both u and spouse are working FT? I think these are the conditions u must fulfill before u can use your parents' address. If you are using your own address >2km then ok. I just wanted to remind u in case you are not aware of the SD requirements and it will be too late when you realise...becknat68:
Oh Steamystream, thanks for the reminder. I can actually go for CHIJ kellock too as my mum is within 1-2Km of the school.(I totally forgot abt CHIJ kellock till u mentioned)
Just called the school, the person said 1-2km \"so far still safe\". Thks thks!!! -
hi 2hotTOhandle,
I went to MOE on sat to get the SD done. I dont have any school in mind but just get it just in case i will need it as there’re afew schools ard my mum’s area. Thanks for bringing it up anyway, appreciate it! -
steamystream:
I have put my daughter into CHIJ Kellock.... further away but closer to our work and my parents place - I would be able to bring her to school daily!... IJ Toa payoh is not easy to get in too... So we decided Kellock will be the best...
***Maybe sit for a test next year and see if she qualify into SCGS.. So might see you guys there in 2014...
Good luck to all in the balloting! :xedfingers:
I believe everyone including me think the same like you. That is to stress our daughter to sit for the text so as to qualify into SCGS. How many vacancies will be available than?
Just to share, my niece waited for 5 years before she could join in the school that is near to her house this year. As for me, I would rather my niece stay put in her old school as she is already a top and famous student in her old school for 4 years. -
Hi! Does anyone have a breakdown for SJI Junior?
-
Which ones will end up balloting? ACSP, ACSJ or SJIJ for 2C?
-
Glad to see that my earlier posts created a healthy discussion amongst us parents. I think I wrote what many have thought and certainly discussed quietly with their spouses and closest friends and family. Even if it may seem very confrontational to investigate the legitimacy of potentially, fraudulent applications it does not mean we shouldn't do it - this is our children's future at stake here - the very people we would lay down our lives for!
This years figures for SCGS has certainly raised many eyebrows. Record application rate (47 for 29 so far). So many vying for so few spaces. We ask... is it because of new condo developments, record birth rates etc. A quick look at readily available information from the public domain suggests that this is not the case. Census figures show that Dunearn has more residents but actually fewer children under the age of 6. So we ask (either to our nearest or dearest or just to ourselves) what has happened this year. It is clear that all that has happened is that people have been fraudulent with the addresses. We all know it happens.. we even know 1 or 2 whom we suspect (qiqi). This year, however, it appears worse because of the fewer available spaces.
We may discuss this on this forum and have our 2 cents worth - however the school administrators and MOE are also alerted to these fraudulent applications. They themselves have been quitely alarmed at the number of people using postal addresses that have only been changed in the last 9-12 months. I read (subsequent to my previous post) with slight surprise the shock that such sensitive information as our NRIC is available to people to begin investigations. Why such surprise... we flash our NRIC at least 2-3 times a month for many mundane things. The difference is, these people do not care about such information, however there is a small group of people who are finally fed up with whole process of cheating to get their children into schools at the expense of genuine residents. The number people who have the potential to give out such information within the school (only a few) and within MoE (several) means that this information will come out. As I stated earlier in my previous post - I shall indeed move heaven and earth should my daughter lose out on entry to SCGS. Interestingly, even if she does get in, there are a few people who will take the lead into such investigations and it's not just the straits times reporter who contacted me via email. I have it from a good source that the home team and MoE PS shall be looking into this whole fraudulent address use.
I promise that I will spare no expense or energy in outing those who deprive my girl her entry into her local school due to those illegally using a fraudulent address. This is not a threat it is a promise!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login