Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Thermal pot

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Tuckshop
    578 Posts 93 Posters 379.0k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • Z Offline
      znzyzyzx
      last edited by

      I am deciding between a thermal pot and a pressure cooker, can someone advice. Also, if i already have a slow cooker, do you think it is still necessary to get a thermal pot?


      Do you use thermal pot to make broth/soup stock ?

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • S Offline
        Shoe
        last edited by

        Pressure cooker serves a different function… It’s great for making soups and stews in a short amount of time. E.g. Spaghetti sauce tastes like it’s been cooking along time after just 25 mins or less…


        Slow cooker similar in function to thermal pots but 'cos thermal pots continue cooking without a power source, they save energy and also, if you have picnics, potlucks etc, cooking continues when you’re on your way to the venue…

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • J Offline
          jnj0910
          last edited by

          Hi everyone,


          I've just started to use the Thermal Pot for cooking.

          Been baffled by the Upper Shallow inner pot that sits on top of the
          main big inner pot...

          How do i cook with it?
          Can I use it alone or must be with the main big inner pot together?

          Thanks for any advise 🙂

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • B Offline
            bebe
            last edited by

            jnj0910:
            Hi everyone,


            I've just started to use the Thermal Pot for cooking.

            Been baffled by the Upper Shallow inner pot that sits on top of the
            main big inner pot...

            How do i cook with it?
            Can I use it alone or must be with the main big inner pot together?

            Thanks for any advise 🙂
            I usu use that to steam tofu, egg, or small slices of fish..sometimes I use that to heat up rice

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • J Offline
              jnj0910
              last edited by

              bebe:
              jnj0910:

              Hi everyone,


              I've just started to use the Thermal Pot for cooking.

              Been baffled by the Upper Shallow inner pot that sits on top of the
              main big inner pot...

              How do i cook with it?
              Can I use it alone or must be with the main big inner pot together?

              Thanks for any advise 🙂

              I usu use that to steam tofu, egg, or small slices of fish..sometimes I use that to heat up rice

              Do you use the shallow pot without pre-heating, and use together with big pot that is pre-heated?
              Or can you use shallow pot alone after pre-heating over stove?

              Thanks!!

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • B Offline
                bebe
                last edited by

                jnj0910:
                bebe:

                [quote=\"jnj0910\"]Hi everyone,


                I've just started to use the Thermal Pot for cooking.

                Been baffled by the Upper Shallow inner pot that sits on top of the
                main big inner pot...

                How do i cook with it?
                Can I use it alone or must be with the main big inner pot together?

                Thanks for any advise 🙂

                I usu use that to steam tofu, egg, or small slices of fish..sometimes I use that to heat up rice

                Do you use the shallow pot without pre-heating, and use together with big pot that is pre-heated?
                Or can you use shallow pot alone after pre-heating over stove?

                Thanks!![/quote]I use the shallot pot together with the big pot that has been pre-heated..Eg will boil soup in the big pot and then stack the shallow pot on the big pot at the same time

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • J Offline
                  jnj0910
                  last edited by

                  Oh I see... many thanks!! :thankyou:

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • L Offline
                    Lavina
                    last edited by

                    Recently bought the 4.5L Tiger Thermal pot.

                    Quite disappointed because the soup tasted very different from using Corningware. Is it because the flavour from the mean bones can only be extracted by actual boiling?
                    But it is fantastic for cooking barley drink and bean curd barley dessert.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • J Offline
                      jcg
                      last edited by

                      Hi all!

                      I am new to this forum.
                      saw the OG advertisement today, they offer Kukeri thermal pot for $79 with free gift, any one here bought this and any review for this brand?
                      thanks in advance!

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • F Offline
                        Figaro
                        last edited by

                        jcg:
                        Hi all!

                        I am new to this forum.
                        saw the OG advertisement today, they offer Kukeri thermal pot for $79 with free gift, any one here bought this and any review for this brand?
                        thanks in advance!
                        Hi jcg, I've not heard of Kukeri... It'll probably be better to stick to trusted brands like Thermos or Tiger. I've had my Thermos Shuttle Chef for more than 6 years already and it still works well. I've just written up my review in my blog. Do check it out.

                        http://easyrecipes.blogspot.sg/2012/10/thermal-cookers-and-thermal-pots.html

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 51
                        • 52
                        • 53
                        • 54
                        • 55
                        • 56
                        • 57
                        • 58
                        • 53 / 58
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        0

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy