DSA 2011
-
Funx3:
Not ALOT of free time, bc he spends 4 days ending late at 4-5pm each weekday already (in school) plus full Saturday mornings. Only 1 afternoon\"free\" and that's when he goes for his music lessons, apart from Sat afternoons.
So Lucky for U - Got Tons of Free Time ....
To Have More Revision and Past Year Papers for Your ds?
If HE read this, He will Surely Groan .... Ha HA ....

and if you know my son from the other thread (p5 in 2010), DEFINITELY he would groan big time. Got to manage this boy very sensitively. -
Funx3:
Through CCA/talent bc he is strong in that. In fact I suspect he could get into certain other schools under that too, except that he doesn't want to try. Except that the choices not that much unless we want to try schools that are poorer in ranking than his own affiliated sec school (no point, right?).
Thought Own Affiliated School No Need DSA, Just a Direct Shoo-In provided T-Score OK (with a couple Points Advantage over other schools Students) ? :? :?Tinkerbelle:
Do you mean your DS is going to DSA for his affiliated sec sch? Through CCA or academic domains?
Affiliated school - try lah. Got more assurance. Affiliated entry points also higher than that generally given for DSA offers, right? ;D -
phankao:
Through CCA/talent bc he is strong in that. In fact I suspect he could get into certain other schools under that too, except that he doesn't want to try. Except that the choices not that much unless we want to try schools that are poorer in ranking than his own affiliated sec school (no point, right?).
Thought Own Affiliated School No Need DSA, Just a Direct Shoo-In provided T-Score OK (with a couple Points Advantage over other schools Students) ? :? :?Funx3:
[quote=\"Tinkerbelle\"]
Do you mean your DS is going to DSA for his affiliated sec sch? Through CCA or academic domains?
Affiliated school - try lah. Got more assurance. Affiliated entry points also higher than that generally given for DSA offers, right? ;D[/quote]U R Right.
Am Sure your son's School is a School of Good Ranking. Provided U Happy with the Present School, Give the Kid what He Wants to Keep him Happy there for the Next Half Dozen of Years. And He Can Continue to Develop his Talent in the CCA Available in the School as well ....
And If He Complains, U Can Always Say, \"But it's Your OWN CHOICE of School -le!\" Ha Ha ....
-
Tinkerbelle:
Yeah She's Been Representing school for Gym since P2.
Hi Funx3,
Your DD is also participating in Gym championships? So she's a dancer as well as a gymnast? Wow....so talented & versatile.
Looks like there's a great chance for DSA for her. All the best to your DD. :lol:
On DSA, She Jokingly Ask Me yesterday, \"Which School Got Air-Con Class Rooms? I'll Definitely Try ....\" :faint: :faint:
I BLUR -liao, Cannot Answer Her ....
So, Any KSP parents out there can PROVIDE Me the Answer to the Above Question?
:lol: :lol: -
Funx3:
Hi Funx3, I heard Nan Hua got Air-con classroom.Yeah She's Been Representing school for Gym since P2.
On DSA, She Jokingly Ask Me yesterday, \"Which School Got Air-Con Class Rooms? I'll Definitely Try ....\" :faint: :faint:
I BLUR -liao, Cannot Answer Her ....
So, Any KSP parents out there can PROVIDE Me the Answer to the Above Question?
:lol: :lol: -
Brenda10:
RGS....ACS
Hi Funx3, I heard Nan Hua got Air-con classroom.Funx3:
Yeah She's Been Representing school for Gym since P2.
On DSA, She Jokingly Ask Me yesterday, \"Which School Got Air-Con Class Rooms? I'll Definitely Try ....\" :faint: :faint:
I BLUR -liao, Cannot Answer Her ....
So, Any KSP parents out there can PROVIDE Me the Answer to the Above Question?
:lol: :lol: -
Funx3:
Top O-lvl boys' school. haha. So unlike what you say, it's not \"next half dozen of years\" bc no IP option - not until the year after his batch. But I think he v much prefers to do O-lvls. Strange boy? Why should he complain?
U R Right.phankao:
Affiliated school - try lah. Got more assurance. Affiliated entry points also higher than that generally given for DSA offers, right? ;D
Am Sure your son's School is a School of Good Ranking. Provided U Happy with the Present School, Give the Kid what He Wants to Keep him Happy there for the Next Half Dozen of Years. And He Can Continue to Develop his Talent in the CCA Available in the School as well ....
And If He Complains, U Can Always Say, \"But it's Your OWN CHOICE of School -le!\" Ha Ha ....

-
laifeeling:
RGS....ACS[/quote]ACS - got to change gender.
Hi Funx3, I heard Nan Hua got Air-con classroom.Brenda10:
[quote=\"Funx3\"]Yeah She's Been Representing school for Gym since P2.
On DSA, She Jokingly Ask Me yesterday, \"Which School Got Air-Con Class Rooms? I'll Definitely Try ....\" :faint: :faint:
I BLUR -liao, Cannot Answer Her ....
So, Any KSP parents out there can PROVIDE Me the Answer to the Above Question?
:lol: :lol:
RGS - does it do DSA under Dance? I think try NYGH? But whether have aircon or not ... oh well. The other would be SCGS, right?
-
A relative of mine has a child who represents her primary school in netball and is sitting for PSLE this year. Her dream is to enter Dunman High or River Valley. There are two questions for which I welcome your kind suggestions:
1) Is there a possibility for DSA to either of the aforementioned schools on the strength (primarily) of her netball CCA? In other words, all things being equal (as in DSA test, interview, etc.) would she stand any chance?
2) What other schools accept students with netball CCA? I noticed that schools with ‘specialist programs’ (in the MOE website) do not include any with netball.
My guess for her academic ability would be in 235-249 range. -
I don’t think DHS offers netball as an ECA, at least not during my time. You might wanna check this out
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login