Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Panic Attack

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Health
    20 Posts 9 Posters 7.6k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • I Offline
      ivin
      last edited by

      kitty2:
      ivin:

      [quote=\"glchua\"]The child may sometimes be discouraged by repeated failures. Maybe the tutor wasn't encouraging in the first place? Sometimes our stress and worries get passed on to the kid.


      Children are very sensitive. We shouldn't assume that they are the problem. They come with a basic set of character, but the environment is the one that would actually weaken weaknesses or strengthen strengths.

      hi, thanks very much for all replies. he is not introvert. he is very outgoing. he is not slow. there is no problem with him. i am thinking of Adam Khoo mastery maths. any comments ?

      My friend's son is also not an introvert,he mixes well with his peers.He's slower in Maths but he did well in top school papers :? My friend's also helpless and depressed as he's only P3 :?:[/quote]


      so how ? how to solve ? not his maths but to help him to pass.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • M Offline
        mrswongtuition
        last edited by

        I used to get panic attacks during exams. My mum was very disappointed and caned me without finding out the reason. Then my dad just hugged me & assured me that no matter what marks I get, he'll still love me. & that really helped alot.


        Before major exams, my dad will tell me that as long as I do my best, he'll be happy. & he always says that I've already won half the battle because I studied hard.

        Eventually I got over it, but it could be 'placebo' effect as my aunt & dad did give me some 'remedies' to avoid that situation. We tried flower remedies (Bach Flower remedy) which I still recommend to parents as it's made from natural flower essences & has no side effects 🙂 It's odourless and tasteless so kids will generally take it quite well.


        You need to assure your child alot. Even if he/she sees a specialist, that's what they'll advice you to work on.

        Btw, if you really want to consult a specialist (private), I recommend Dr Hong at Raffles Hospital. She's a very nice lady who is great with kids. Fees wise is $100+ per visit if I'm not wrong, if you want a proper assessment to be done, you'll need to call them for exact charges.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • F Offline
          Full.010894Cream
          last edited by

          kitty2:


          My friend's son is also not an introvert,he mixes well with his peers.He's slower in Maths but he did well in top school papers :? My friend's also helpless and depressed as he's only P3 :?:
          then perhaps he's just slow and only panic when he was running short of time during the exams

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • S Offline
            Startz
            last edited by

            Hi , I am a newbie and I feel so gratified to read reassuring replies to mum’s ‘panic attack’ son’s situation.


            I was just thinking of what last minute things (act like a coach) to my younger daughter (pr. 3)'cos her maths exam today - and I ran through what it might be like as a student sitting for Maths exam - and I realised that if I were to instruct all that advice like ‘check , write unit of measurement’…she will feel tense and may not read the question and that would get her detrimental results…

            so I just decided to highlight the positive and tell her her maths is not bad and it just depends on what she wants to get for her paper.

            the giving of confidence helps, I think.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • S Offline
              Startz
              last edited by

              Hi , I am a newbie and I feel so gratified to read reassuring replies to mum’s ‘panic attack’ son’s situation.


              I was just thinking of what last minute things (act like a coach) to my younger daughter (pr. 3)'cos her maths exam today - and I ran through what it might be like as a student sitting for Maths exam - and I realised that if I were to instruct all that advice like ‘check , write unit of measurement’…she will feel tense and may not read the question and that would get her detrimental results…

              so I just decided to highlight the positive and tell her her maths is not bad and it just depends on what she wants to get for her paper.

              the giving of confidence helps, I think.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • T Offline
                tamarind
                last edited by

                kitty2:
                He got abt 80% for Henry Park Pri Maths paper.

                kitty2:
                He's slower in Maths but he did well in top school papers My friend's also helpless and depressed as he's only P3
                He got 80% and his mother is feeling depressed ? 😐

                80% is considered bad nowadays ? He is only in primary school now. He will probably get more panick attacks in the future when maths gets much more difficult.

                Do ask your friend to read what mrswongtuition wrote :
                mrswongtuition:
                Before major exams, my dad will tell me that as long as I do my best, he'll be happy. & he always says that I've already won half the battle because I studied hard.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • K Offline
                  kitty2
                  last edited by

                  tamarind:
                  kitty2:

                  He got abt 80% for Henry Park Pri Maths paper.


                  kitty2:
                  He's slower in Maths but he did well in top school papers My friend's also helpless and depressed as he's only P3
                  He got 80% and his mother is feeling depressed ? 😐

                  80% is considered bad nowadays ? He is only in primary school now. He will probably get more panick attacks in the future when maths gets much more difficult.

                  Do ask your friend to read what mrswongtuition wrote :
                  mrswongtuition:
                  Before major exams, my dad will tell me that as long as I do my best, he'll be happy. & he always says that I've already won half the battle because I studied hard.

                  No you got the wrong message.he did the top school papaer at home and scored 80% but his own school exam,he failed.He's only in neighbourhood school :?

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                  Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                  Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                  With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                  Register Login
                  • 1
                  • 2
                  • 2 / 2
                  • First post
                    Last post



                  Online Users

                  Statistics

                  6

                  Online

                  211.2k

                  Users

                  34.5k

                  Topics

                  1.8m

                  Posts
                  Popular Topics
                  New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                  P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                  DSA Discussions and Strategies
                  PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                  How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                  SkillsFuture course recommendations

                    About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy