Blogger Vs PM
-
dolphinsiah:
I have the typical tendency to support the underdog. But unlike the common opinion that the Opp are the underdogs, right now, I feel the govt is the underdog. The opposition mostly are opportunists, whose job is to find flaws, suggest populist short term gain but long term disaster solutions and stir up resentment.The recent hot topic\" PM VS Blogger\" , makes me feel very upset. :shock:
I did not read what the Blogger wrote about the CPF Policy which made our PM very mad.
But I assume what the Blogger wrote is to get the attention of SG citizens -what is happening to our CPF money.
So its ok to defame someone for the sake of drawing attention?
Do you know , the blogger has posted about CPF before, that time there was no \"objection\" raised by anyone. The reason was what he was not incriminating any individual.
I discussed with my teen - Is it necessary for the PM to sue the Blogger?
The Blogger has removed the post and apologized. To me I feel is it better to settle it out of court.
Have you seen the apology and what he did after the apology? Its makes a mockery of the term \"sorry\".
I observe that our Local Politicians like to sue ...
I observe that Overseas Politicians even when they debate/hit each other during Parliament they do not sue each other.
I do not see leaders in US/UK/Europe suing each other or taking their citizens to court.
Singapore is such a small country.
For a PM to sue a Blogger....just make me upset. In fact I feel embrassed.
Note: I am not supporting the Blogger. I am against the PM suing the Blogger. Let's hope the PM changes his mind.
This, of course, is just my opinion.
-
I am "touched" by the ability to raise so much money within a few days…
-
I am sure the whole world knows that the Blogger will lose to the PM.
Just hope that PM can 退一步以德服人!
His whole team can just continue to apply damage control on the CPF Policy.
Singaporeans are wise people who will analyse information carefully. -
Sun_2010:
It's difficult to see incumbents as underdogsI have the typical tendency to support the underdog. But unlike the common opinion that the Opp are the underdogs, right now, I feel the govt is the underdog. The opposition mostly are opportunists, whose job is to find flaws, suggest populist short term gain but long term disaster solutions and stir up resentment.
This, of course, is just my opinion.
. Usually underdogs are the challengers who want to change status quo. And every party will use any opportunity to make themselves look good and others look bad. That's what politics are.
The best we can do as observers is to remain open to all information, avoid confirmation bias as much as we can, so that we can be discerning when it comes to processing the tons of information we receive from multiple sources. In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with people questioning policies (or what you might classify as \"finding flaws\"), as it is a way making the system more robust. A transparent system is a secure system, because it is subject to external scrutiny which makes it easier for people to find and eliminate weaknesses. The problem comes when people make assumptions and draw conclusions using limited knowledge and information, and if they are biased in a certain way, they would process the information selectively to skew it towards their own beliefs. The best way to overcome this is to keep the system transparent so that any information asymmetry can be eliminated, and conclusions can be tested based on actual evidence. -
starlight1968sg:
I am \"touched\" by the ability to raise so much money within a few days...
I don't think those that donated 1 cent are really sincere in helping the guy :roll: -
ChiefKiasu:
Finding flaws, suggest alternative solutions (be it short term gain/long term disaster, or long term gain/short term disaster - matter of perspective), stir up resentment (???)... err.. I thought that's exactly the role of the alternate or opposition party.
It's difficult to see incumbents as underdogsSun_2010:
The opposition mostly are opportunists, whose job is to find flaws, suggest populist short term gain but long term disaster solutions and stir up resentment.
This, of course, is just my opinion.
. Usually underdogs are the challengers who want to change status quo. And every party will use any opportunity to make themselves look good and others look bad. That's what politics are.
No difference when PAP was a part of the opposition. -
I am not sympathetic towards this blogger and won’t pay for his mistake, not even "ngerng kor" ($2)! The mistake he made was he did not criticise the system in general, like his smarter buddies Leong SH, but allude it to a pending criminal case City Harvest, and more critically, assasinate a person’s character without substantial concrete evidence. Smarter bloggers like Alex Au would act like a gentleman and duly remove posts after warning letters were served, but this young blogger was insincere and secretly sent links to the hidden posts to his readers and posted another sympathy seeking video immediately. The disturbing thing was not the amount he managed to raise in 4 days (and would definitely be able to for the estimated $250,000 worth of damages to a public figure of high intl standing). It was the deafening silence from his hong lim picnic friend, Gilbert Goh. Roy is merely a Healthcare worker in TTSH. Someone must have fed a stack of lame stats to this blogger who stupidly came up with those bizarre accusations and run away to hide now.
-
Sun 2010. I also support underdogs but not stupid dogs. I want my CPF back at 55 too but i know we are living longer now.
-
jetsetter:
I am not sympathetic towards this blogger and won't pay for his mistake, not even \"ngerng kor\" ($2)! The mistake he made was he did not criticise the system in general, like his smarter buddies Leong SH, but allude it to a pending criminal case City Harvest, and more critically, assasinate a person's character without substantial concrete evidence. Smarter bloggers like Alex Au would act like a gentleman and duly remove posts after warning letters were served, but this young blogger was insincere and secretly sent links to the hidden posts to his readers and posted another sympathy seeking video immediately. The disturbing thing was not the amount he managed to raise in 4 days (and would definitely be able to for the estimated $250,000 worth of damages to a public figure of high intl standing). It was the deafening silence from his hong lim picnic friend, Gilbert Goh. Roy is merely a Healthcare worker in TTSH. Someone must have fed him with a stack of lame stats to this blogger who stupidly came up with those bizarre accusations and run away to hide now.
his小动作backfired.
let's not be part of the political agenda of anyone, underdogs or stupid dogs.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login