Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Learning Vision

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Playgroups, Infant Care, Childcare Centres & Preschools
    479 Posts 92 Posters 304.8k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • qmsQ Offline
      qms
      last edited by

      Hi danecalymom!


      Nobody is perfect. Certain things obvious to us may not be so to other people.

      Hence, those issues that you mentioned about other centres, I think the most important point is how receptive the staff and principal are towards feedback and suggestions.

      LV@NUS isn’t what it is today overnight. When my children just joined the centre three years ago, the situation was quite bad, I must say. In fact, before I joined, I asked around, and generally, the feedback I received about the centre wasn’t favourable.

      After my children joined the centre, I noticed something which I wasn’t satisfied. I gave them my feedback, and they accepted my suggestions. I believe other parents did the same thing, too, as I could see some process improvement as a result.

      The change in principal also contributed partly to the improvement. The thing good about LV@NUS is that the principal, Joanne, has a daughter studying in the centre, too. Hence, she is also a parent, and tends to understand our position better.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • qmsQ Offline
        qms
        last edited by

        Hi Fion!


        Have you heard from Joanne?

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • F Offline
          Fion Loh
          last edited by

          hi qms,

          She called me this morning. She said that if i pay deposit by 7th Nov than i'll get a confirm vacancy for next year. The fees will be $550 after the Gov subsidy. Tomorrow will be going to LSH briefing. πŸ™‚ But i think most prob will go for LV @ SP2 since u have good comment on them so much . πŸ™‚ How about u ?

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • qmsQ Offline
            qms
            last edited by

            Hi Fion!

            Fion Loh:
            She said that if i pay deposit by 7th Nov than i'll get a confirm vacancy for next year.
            Happy to hear that! Good for you. :celebrate:
            Fion Loh:
            But i think most prob will go for LV @ SP2 since u have good comment on them so much.
            :!: Please don't rely on my comments alone. :siam:

            There are exceptions, too. One mother wrote to me some time back asking for my feedback, too, and my feedback was very different from the experience she was having. So, although LV@NUS generally is good, there are \"black sheeps\" in this centre, too.

            I suggest you still make a trip to LV@NUS, speak to Joanne personally and look at how they conduct their lessons.
            Fion Loh:
            How about u ?
            We have not decided yet, but my daughter wants to continue with Learning Vision. Will decide after we attend the Friday's briefing. Please update us here after you attend the briefing tomorrow, ok?

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • L Offline
              lzxuan
              last edited by

              qms:

              We have not decided yet, but my daughter wants to continue with Learning Vision. Will decide after we attend the Friday's briefing. Please update us here after you attend the briefing tomorrow, ok?
              Waseh, you let your daughter choose ar? I not even tell my daughter, depends on my pocket decision. However, for your case I would stick to LV since already last year, wont be affected by the revised fee. For me I have another 2 kids.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • F Offline
                Fion Loh
                last edited by

                i ask joanne to inform me once the new centre is ready so that i can have a look and talk to joanne as well. U think i should go to the NUS centre or wait till the new centre is ready than meet her? I'll update u once i go to the briefing tomorrow πŸ™‚

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • qmsQ Offline
                  qms
                  last edited by

                  lzxuan:
                  Waseh, you let your daughter choose ar? I not even tell my daughter, depends on my pocket decision. However, for your case I would stick to LV since already last year, wont be affected by the revised fee. For me I have another 2 kids.

                  Hi lzxuan!

                  I want to decide, but my husband told my daughter to decide, so, cannot over-rule him leh. 😐

                  So, now, what I will do is to attend the briefing session on Friday, and see if the curriculum offered by LSH is worth us \"fighting\" for it. If so, I, for sure, will try to convince my daughter to go for LSH. :evil:

                  Yes, it's true for our case that we only have one more year to go. So, our consideration will be different from yours.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • qmsQ Offline
                    qms
                    last edited by

                    Fion Loh:
                    i ask joanne to inform me once the new centre is ready so that i can have a look and talk to joanne as well. U think i should go to the NUS centre or wait till the new centre is ready than meet her? I'll update u once i go to the briefing tomorrow πŸ™‚

                    Hi Fion!

                    Actually, visiting the new centre will allow you to see the \"hard\" side of the centre, e.g. the environment, the size of the centre, the classrooms, etc. You will still not be able to see the \"soft\" side of the centre, e.g. the teachers, how they conduct classes, how they handle children, etc. Hence, my suggestion is fo ryou to visit the Kent Vale centre and see how the teachers/staff conduct themselves. Just tell Joanne direct that this is the objective of your visit. If the centre is good, they will not mind such visits from parents.

                    By the way, if you visit the centre, please go in the morning. That's when most of the activities are carried out.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • F Offline
                      Fion Loh
                      last edited by

                      hi qms

                      Maybe i'll call joanne to make appointment for next monday to view the NUS centre. Mean time i'm still waiting for joanna to call me to view the new centre. πŸ™‚ Does LV prepare the kids well for pri 1?

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • F Offline
                        Fion Loh
                        last edited by

                        morning qms,

                        last night my husband discuss with me , he said since we more or less decide on LV @ SP2 . There's don need to attend the briefing for LSH this evening. But i insist to go πŸ™‚ because i wanna see how sincere they are to take over the school and wat kind of curriclum they offer.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 5
                        • 6
                        • 7
                        • 8
                        • 9
                        • 47
                        • 48
                        • 7 / 48
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        iworkI
                        iwork

                        Statistics

                        1

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy