Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. 1978
    3. Posts
    1
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 1
    • Posts 14
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • Child finds class & lessons boring

      One day after his Chinese enrichment class, he said he was so bored in class because he already knew what was being taught. He said he is also bored with the lessons in school (Pri 1), but luckily he has friends to play with.


      As I am unable to coach him in Chinese, I enrolled him in Chinese enrichment for regular weekly practice. I asked if the school can put him in a more challenging class. His school commented that although he is a fast learner, he is not the top in class, based on test results. But all I want for him is to enjoy while learn something new and stimulating, doesn’t matter if he tops or not.

      What should I do now? (Currently he only takes Chinese enrichment as his English and Maths skills are quite adequate. He practises on Pri 2 assessment books at home by himself)

      posted in Working With Your Child
      1
      1978
    • RE: Petition to Review the Singapore Education System

      YES to your petition.

      posted in Primary Schools - Academic Support
      1
      1978
    • RE: All About Parent Volunteers (PV)

      My son would be entering Primary 1 in 2011. I’m staying along Yio Chu Kang Road (Begonia Road) and there are NO schools within 2km from our house!


      Therefore please advise on the following questions. (My primary school is at the bottom of the ranking list and my husband’s school has closed down). We have no connections with any associations or whatsoever.

      1) Should do volunteer. If so, in which school, since none are closeby.
      2) If I do not mind a neighbourhood school, which is the best I can go for in my area?
      3) If I’d like a good school, which one do I stand a chance of getting in with/without volunteering or at Phase 2C?

      Your advice would be very much appreciated.



      Thanks,

      Jasmine

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      1
      1978
    • 1
    • 2
    • 2 / 2
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy