Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. alibaba
    3. Posts
    A
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 0
    • Posts 87
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: Tien Hsia - Discussion

      Hi all,

      I received call from centre informing that the coming P1 holiday class is affected by MOE late release of textbook… So only hypy will be touched during these lessons…
      I am just curious, is there a change of CL syllabus for next year? I thought change in EL only.
      Actually, I am quite disappointed that chinese character will not be introduced during these lessons as this is the area I am more concerned as I know my ds has difficulty with it.

      posted in Chinese
      A
      alibaba
    • RE: The Alternative Story (TAS) - Discussion

      The Alternative Story:
      lovinglife:

      Hi TAS,


      For a higher ability child, do you recommend the child to attend HA class or skip level? Just speaking in general.

      Hi lovinglife,

      We recommend that they attend the Higher Ability class as they will be in a class with peers who have the same learning pace as them. This will enable the H.A. teacher to pace the class better and also craft material to cater to them - in order to maximise the learning of the H.A. children.

      While it is possible to skip levels, we have found parents who have found difficulty in finding another class to join once the students in the class have graduated after P6. Also, parents need to consider the fact that their child will eventually go through the P6 classes twice. We recommend that the child attend a trial lesson to see if they fit into the class and keep up with the teaching before deciding to skip a level.

      Do let us know if you’re interested in our H.A. classes or if you have any more questions.

      Thank you
      TAS

      May I know how do we know if the kid is consider high ability? Does all levels have such class?

      posted in English
      A
      alibaba
    • RE: St Andrew's Junior

      Can the kids use lace fasteners for their shoes?

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      A
      alibaba
    • RE: Tien Hsia - Discussion

      For what I know, TH will have classes in dec. these lessons will cover the first few topics of the sch syllabus & will not repeat in the classes during the sch term. So TH will start ahead compares to sch. To me, it is consider holiday class because it is not yet school term.

      posted in Chinese
      A
      alibaba
    • RE: Tien Hsia - Discussion

      ck0917,

      There is no hurry to intro hypy. From my findings, all enrichment ctr except beijing will only introduce at k2. Actually, I find learning hypy is much easier as compared to learning abc. So master abc first. 🙂

      posted in Chinese
      A
      alibaba
    • RE: Tien Hsia - Discussion

      ck0917,

      There are some RCs or CCs that conduct HYPY classes. Maybe you should go check.
      So far my ds learns well. He is very poor in this subject but is able to cope well especially HYPY in TH. For my ds, TH introduces HYPY way ahead of his ccc lessons & berries (based on my gfs feedback). I think if your kid is strong in english, he will has no problem with HYPY.

      posted in Chinese
      A
      alibaba
    • RE: Tien Hsia - Discussion

      It’s on 7/10. What I want to know is what time to queue at centre.

      posted in Chinese
      A
      alibaba
    • RE: Tien Hsia - Discussion

      Need advice again.

      What time should I start queuing for the registration coming this October? I am having a tight schedule that I really need to get the slot of my choice…

      posted in Chinese
      A
      alibaba
    • RE: Tien Hsia - Discussion

      Hope that my ds gets motivated! I do peek at those pri level classrooms. Kind of boring to me as they are so quiet & very classroom environment. But I guess it should be good enough for my boy to pass his CL. (I do have certain expectation though) 🙂

      posted in Chinese
      A
      alibaba
    • RE: Tien Hsia - Discussion

      Phtthp,

      Thanks. I do find their papers normal as I am not weak in the language. Probably it will get more challenging in upp Pri level?
      Somehow, I find it is so difficult to coach my ds on the subject yet TH managed to instil some interests to my ds. But I do see he starts to struggle especially this new term.

      posted in Chinese
      A
      alibaba
    • 1
    • 2
    • 3
    • 4
    • 5
    • 6
    • 7
    • 8
    • 9
    • 4 / 9
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy