Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. burp
    3. Posts
    B
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 1
    • Posts 68
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: All About Competitive Swimming

      theclarkies:
      Hi simson,


      I know you weren't targeting your reply to me so don't sweat abt it. I'm just overwhelmed by the help I get from here. I've been in NZ for 10 yrs and just found this site by chance!! Lucky me 🙂

      Quite excited to come back to Singapore for a visit. Hope the weather stays good with not much rain. I've been reading some posts from several ppl and some mentioned DSA. Whats that?

      Cheers,
      Theclarkies
      If it rains too much, the more reliable place is the covered pool at the Singapore Sports School. There is a club that trains there, Speediswim- try looking up on the net. Just curious, 10 hrs a week for a 14 year old swimmer is enough for national times? Is it spread over 5 days, is there dry land exercises, and is that included in the 10 hours?

      posted in Sports
      B
      burp
    • RE: China's youngest PhD student stirs parenting debate

      And then who is going to do the housework once he gets the coveted apartment?

      posted in Recess Time
      B
      burp
    • RE: Club 2003 Kiddo

      vlim:
      codylian:

      Hi councillor, thanks! Actually, I am confused in my thoughts. On one hand, I have an ex-colleague, whose daughter is a top student and he didn't even let her go for the Gep test as he thinks that gep will deprive his kid of a balanced childhood. On the other hand, I also agree with u that such program would further stretch the kid. So, I am not sure myself....


      Emmm... My nickname is Vlim .. And u can call me Vlim. 😉
      Well it depend how the parent look at the program. I would day most gifted kids would have no problem going through the Ge program and in fact if u were to go to ' all about gep' thread, u will realize tt actually these kids enjoy it . But nevertheless there are a few who find it hard to cope.... So I would say don't be too stress over this gep thing, if a kid can make it, she will make it otherwise she can also shine in mainstream...

      Let your child take the tests, then at least you know where he/she stands, even if it is just to get through the first stage. Some schools put the kids who pass 1st stage into e higher ability classes for P4. Also, I let my daughter decide. She got into the GEP but decided not to take it up because she liked her school and did not want to transfer. She is in Sec 3 in a top school and got an academic performance award last year, so it seems some kids will stretch themselves anyway, GEP or not.

      posted in Clubs for parents with similar age children
      B
      burp
    • RE: Children with sweaty palms and soles

      She is ard 167cm and 53kg, but has a fair amount of muscles due to her sport. Probably average in body shape.

      posted in Health
      B
      burp
    • RE: St Joseph's Institution Junior

      Sorry, the sewerage diversion works should be item #261 on the 2nd link (PUB) given above.

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      B
      burp
    • RE: St Joseph's Institution Junior

      I see from onemotoring.com.sg ( ref http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onemotoring/en/on_the_roads/road_projects/Woodsville_Interchange.html ) that the gantry currently displaced 100m down from original position will be moved back to original by end of 2011, when the Woodsville Junction upgrading should be completed. It will be just after turning right into Bendemeer from PIE (Changi). Hopefully, traffic will be better, as this project has been going on since 2007! Also, I was a bit taken aback by the sewerage works when I drove down to see the SJIJ temp site. It reduced the access road to a single very narrow lane, just after the school gate, so cars will have difficulty turning around to go back. Fortunately, the PUB site says the sewerage diversion works, which is to make way for Downtown Line 3, should also be completed by end-2011 ( ref. https://app.pub.gov.sg/RoadWorks/RoadWorks/IcNrPUBWorksOnRoads.aspx ).

      ; b

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      B
      burp
    • RE: Children with sweaty palms and soles

      Wow, Insider. The lengths a mum would go to. My daughter has no noticeable smelly foot problem, probably because her sport is swimming! I’ll look up this post again when I need the above measures. I told her I didn’t think her sweaty palms were too bad. After that, she said she thought less about it, and her palms actually got drier.

      posted in Health
      B
      burp
    • RE: Lasik

      As with all medical procedures, there will always remain some risk, although Lasik is very established and success rate is very good. Friends and I also have other good experiences (like giving birth) with Bangkok’s top hospitals, but I guess unless you are comfortable with the place, you would not want to be stressed out by a foreign environment. Good luck, whichever place you do go to get your Lasik done.

      posted in Health
      B
      burp
    • RE: Lasik

      I had a good experience doing mine in Bangkok. Was stationed there 2001. Did it at the TRSC Lasik Centre. They do only lasik there, it is like an office environment. Cost was ~S$2000 for two eyes, and both eyes were done in the same session. Myopia went from 800/1000 to perfect. The first 6 months, one eye could see a faint overlapping image, but this corrected itself.


      Hubby also did his shortly after and is fully satisfied. Later, I found that a colleague, stationed in Manila then, also did his Lasik there with no problems. It was half the Bangkok price!

      posted in Health
      B
      burp
    • RE: Children with sweaty palms and soles

      My daughter, 15 y.o., just began to have some problems with sweaty palms and soles. She is also the first person to feel fingers and toes freezing when we go to very cold places. She is also more sensitive to pain and empathetic to others feeling pain. Wonder if it is all related?

      posted in Health
      B
      burp
    • 1
    • 2
    • 3
    • 4
    • 5
    • 6
    • 7
    • 6 / 7
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy