Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. chickenlittle
    3. Posts
    C
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 1
    • Posts 82
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: [Seng Kang] Primary Schools

      yes, mine is a boy, the youngest...so dun hv to go thru anymore...


      if we choose to try to ballot for Anchorgreen at this stage, i dunno what is the success rate :nailbite: :scared: ...if we again failed then the chance of getting into Montfort in phase 3 will be lower isnt it??...

      if we straight away go for Montfort now, chance of success is very high...as such, we will expedite the shift next yr...bcos i do not want him to take sch bus as normally sch bus come n fetch very early in the morning...and by the time he reach Sengkang student care in the afternoon he will be tired out...

      i've juz called Montfort Junior, latest vacancy left is 85, i've oso check my distance between home-school...it is within 1-2km

      Pls advise, tia

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      C
      chickenlittle
    • RE: [Seng Kang] Primary Schools

      i've juz call Anchorgreen Pri, was told tat the no. of applicants less than 1km is more than 40 :yikes: :nailbite: , so confirm there will be balloting :xedfingers: ...


      should i go thru another balloting again :faint: or shld i withdraw and choose my 2nd choice Montfort Junior??...

      reason for choosing Montfort Junior is bcos we hv the intention of shifting to Hougang area and this is the only sch tat has left with alot of vacancies (114) in Hougang

      any advise???...

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      C
      chickenlittle
    • RE: I Can Read - Discussion

      :yikes: shock at the teacher's behavior.... Did u feedback to the person in charge?[/quote]


      No chance bcos till date I only saw the so called boss ONCE...besides, the receptionist/admin is not friendly type...

      I did ask them whether can my ds promote to creative writing, one of the receptionist/admin say yes, dun need to bother abt the teacher's comments... :shock: ...then why in the 1st place make the poor kids take test ? :roll: ...

      Anyway she asked me to choose a date for the new creative class...so I did n then I :siam:

      posted in English
      C
      chickenlittle
    • RE: I Can Read - Discussion

      I think not all centre practise the same...mine din hv any documented updates after every term ends... 🤷 :scratchhead: ...for what I know teacher will make the kids do a test on the last day of course...other than tat I'll ask his teacher as n when I feel like checking with him ds's progress


      My ds's ex-classmate now oso doing creative writing..his teacher can even mark his spellings correct but in fact he spelled wrongly. :spank: ...this was shared by his mother while we were chatting...

      parents, pls be more involved in ur dd/ds 's enrichment lessons...

      posted in English
      C
      chickenlittle
    • RE: 2011 P1 Registration Exercise for 2012 In-Take

      which school are u going to register for ur kid??..

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      C
      chickenlittle
    • RE: I Can Read - Discussion

      I think u hv to speak to her teacher to let him/her knows tat ur dd dun understand…maybe u’ll hv better idea what happens in the class…from there u can seek her teacher’s advise as to how can u work along with the teacher as to how to guide her at home…hope it helps…

      posted in English
      C
      chickenlittle
    • RE: I Can Read - Discussion

      My ds din show any difficulty n he enjoys going to class even though his teacher ignored his presence, this I only got to know after the unhappy incident happens during the last lesson, at home, I ask my son how teacher treats him normally during lesson time etc…


      Omg…I never felt so lousy b4…i should hv be more observant…cos I thought all along he was doing fine in class…

      Nevermind abt it now…it’s in the past, we shall forgive n forget…take it as a lesson learnt…

      Wat I feel is in ICR, there is a mixture of students in different levels ranging from K1 to P1, normally teacher try to focus more at those P1 so tat they can promote faster to creative writing, they do not need to do the whole 1 yr course since they already know most of the stuffs…

      And for the K2…teacher oso focus more cos they’re going to P1 the next yr so ‘time is running out’…

      No wonder last yr, whenever I shared with teacher abt my ds not reading well etc, she juz brush me off n tells me it’s ok, he still young etc…now I knows wat she meant…

      As for ur dd, does she understand n knows what the teacher is talking abt?..what kind of frustrations does she hv, does she dread going to class or does she refused to do her homework?..

      posted in English
      C
      chickenlittle
    • RE: I Can Read - Discussion

      Juz to add on, I m sharing bcos I wanna highlight to parents tat even though ICR is a very good programme, parents hv to take note to reinforce what was taught in class, keep reading…the contents taught are really intensive…


      For me I m not a phonetic expert as well…till date, I m still struggling with coaching…My ds is in K2 this yr n doing  creative writing now…

      For this level he has changed 3 teachers already, all was changed due 1st angmoh teacher going back to her hometown…

      2nd was a temp local teacher which I think she is the best cos she guides the kids in her class how to write and make them do a draft b4 transferring it to ex. bk…tat’s part of homework besides the usual spelling words they hv to learn n make into a sentence… 

      I think this way is good, parents dun hv to be stress as to how to teach our kid how to write plus we of course wouldn’t know what the teacher’s expectations u see…

      I always believe teachers hv to at least brief the kids what they must do for their homeworks so that they know what to do…

      Currently my ds is with the 3rd teacher for a few lessons, I m still monitoring his progress, this level is indeed  more intensive…those words are so "chim"…

      posted in English
      C
      chickenlittle
    • RE: I Can Read - Discussion

      I do hv some unpleasant experience too…When my son was doing ICR last yr, his teacher thought tat he was younger than his age as my ds is small in size, thus she only focus on those who’s  K2/P1… Whenever I check with her my ds progress she sounds assuring tat my ds is doing well even though I feedback to her tat he cannot read n dun understand those grammar n punctuations etc…FYI my ds scores full mark for all the spellings in every lesson, each lesson she gave abt 15 to 20 words 


      worst came during the last 3rd lesson, she started to tell me my ds cannot read cannot follow what she is teaching in class n she wanted me to bring him for extra lessons so tat he can progress to the next level, creative writing…

      During the last lesson, she said everybody will be given a test paper which was format like what P1 are doing, MCQ, fill in the blanks and spell some vocabulary…i told her my ds doesn’t hv any exposure to this kind of test yet but she assure me tat he can do it…in the end, my ds could not do at all and was crying but she din even bother to come out of the class to inform me (I was waiting outside the classroom)

      Just b4 the class ended I went to "peep" n saw tat she was discussing n explaining to the other kids while my ds was left crying alone at a corner…

      Once she open the door, my ds burst out crying loudly n i heard a boy shouting to me "teacher said he no good"…but she juz ignored n keep saying he totally cannot do while the others are good, but u know what, the other kids oso failed the test, I saw the results, less than 50% she still say good…

      From what I understand from the other kids mothers, they told me they hv sent their kids for P1 preparation course n oso reinforce with teaching at home…so tat explains why their kids knows how to do lor…my poor ds hv never seen a testpaper in his life n  doesn’t know how to attempt it…

      I reassured my ds tat it is not tat he is ‘no good’…my ds was still sobbing keeps saying the teacher say tat he ‘no good’ to him when he cannot do the test paper, my ds again relate to me, imagine how it has affected my ds’ confident, he thought tat he is really no good…when I heard tat I almost cry…

      posted in English
      C
      chickenlittle
    • RE: 2011 P1 Registration Exercise for 2012 In-Take

      Thanks for all the well wishes


      :thankyou:

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      C
      chickenlittle
    • 1
    • 2
    • 5
    • 6
    • 7
    • 8
    • 9
    • 7 / 9
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy