My girl 2014 P1, next year. Still, very difficult to teach. If I say anything is wrong or has to change or even spell, she will cry in anger and said I know u no need to say. She said u r not T or u can’t be a T. I worried about this issue, I don’t know how to overcome this.
Posts
-
RE: anxious parent reporting!!!
-
RE: stranger anxiety
It’s take time. Visit ur friends and relatives house often. Visit playground often.
My son had this problem. When people come to our house he will cry. Playground no problem cos kids. Go to other people house also he cry. Then we visit a family more often. Then he slowly familiar with them. Then we vist other families. Most importantly I hold him if not he will cry. Then 2+ he went to playgroup, no crying.I have no problem in his social moving in primary school. Now he is in p4.in kindergarten he is very quite.that time I worried. Luckily p1 no problem like do show and tell infront of the class or talking with T when needed. -
RE: anxious parent reporting!!!
Welcome to KSP!
Are they in nursery? 2008 born?
U can join respective club and learn.
Don’t worry too much. U have time. -
RE: Help Needed on my Pri 1 daughter
U can do it. Importantly, u don’t get panic, be patient. Explain her kindergarten small school. Primary school is big school .
Kindergarten has nursery, k1 and k2 only. This school from P1 to P6. A
Tell her she big girl already . "Wow u r so big girl now u r studying P1. Wow wearing uniform and school shools."
Everyday night asked her what happend in the school. Take this holiday as better oppotunity and visit any place like zoo with family. For me, I just concentrate in her social, I spend more time with outing.once they have the confidence the will pick up the studies.
Don’t remind her anything it’s makes worse.
All the best. -
RE: Help Needed on my Pri 1 daughter
If she studied in kindergarten then she used to it. How is she usually in her k2?
I think u can send her I can read. Its once a week and no homework.But it’s take time depends ur girl’s standard. I mean if she already know the consonants sound then she can pick up faster. Meantime she just memorize the words. Write a word ten times then spell out ten times. Then go to second word. My son studied I can read. But for spelling he always memorize the word. He never use phonics. Phonics help to read. So don’t get panic . She need some time to lean. Don’t send to kumon. They will give more homework.everyday their homework make her more stres and u cannot teach anything.
Please talk to her. Analyze. She used to has a small group. How is she usually? Socially? Best way everyday u check her homework and help her to do. Before sleep tell a story, she can feel safe. Talk to her. Sometimes they can’t tell u.explain her she will get new friends.it will be more fun. If she likes any particular CCA then tell her she can take and enjoy with her friends.
My dd in nursery gave me big trouble.cos she never used to in a small group and always with brother. First time without bro and in a new I
Environment . T also didn’t has patient . Then I encouraged with her dance . She likes dance. So I told her ur school has dance. I tried to find the problem and thought how to solve the problem . That time T didn’t give me any clues or ideas, though they are proffesionals. I let her to play with her classmates in the playground after school. She refused to play in the playground. I just patiently wait there with her for two months.Then she started to play but not with friend she play herself at the same time her class mates also played .after two months she started to play with her friends .
That time T didn’t find the root of the problem. And she made worse. She told me to tell my dd something like she didn’t do at school. First few days I rinsed her . I read in web. Cannot do like that it makes worse. After that T said anything I just say ok but i didn’t remind anything. I just help her to build her confidence and in her studies.
So believe in urself -
RE: School boy killed outside school gate
My deepest condolence to parents.
I saw in the traffic light, green man on for pedestrian. But one car never stop and go. My friend’s son 1 cm away from the car.
My son’s school principal said parents pls obey the traffic lights when u cross the road. If we cross with them illegally they also do that without us.
My son from p2 onwards asking to come by himself but I don’t allow him. P3 onwards I allow him. He came by himself.I always reminded him becarrful when u cross the road. Green light blinking then cannot cross and wait for the next green man appear.
I am doing traffic duty for PV in a school.Some parents illegally crossed the road. Some crossing in the traffic light but red man appear.I show the signal stop, after that also one parent crossed. I warned them next time I will pass the IC to principal. There were two boys walking very slowly without see the number. They started late then they walked slowly.I told them next cannot cross when the number 05. Cos number started from 09.
One day one granny with grandson in a bike and cross the road.her bike very near to bus. I stunned. I talk to her. She said her son also study there and she knows the school more than 30 years. I told her nicely is my duty to tell her and for good for her safety. I told her come early so u will have time to see the road and cross. After that she became my gd friend.
When I approached to parents their response very bad, huh? What? Who r u?
It’s my duty.