Last year for 2020 application, we got balloted out of MCS in phase 2CS. We were staying outside of 2km and my kid is a Singaporean. SC under 2km last year all got in for 2CS but balloting happened for outside 2km.
Latest posts made by lifeasglim
-
RE: Marymount Convent
-
RE: 2020 P1 Registration Exercise for 2021 In-take
Aakpward\" post_id=\"1993186\" time=\"1598835329\" user_id=\"149067:
We got assigned to farrer park too...
We got assigned to Farrer Park. Anyone else got assigned there?
there is a whatapp group for the sch. PM me if u r keen to join. -
RE: Choosing and Evaluating Primary Schools
phtthp\" post_id=\"1980785\" time=\"1592108250\" user_id=\"35251:
from next year 2021 onwards, not sure how the affliation cop going to work, or whether affliation privilege still exists,
Is studying in sngs more stressful than in scgs? Or is it referring to the higher affiliation cop?Read\" post_id=\"1980782\" time=\"1592106855\" user_id=\"185776:
[quote=lifeasglim post_id=1979301 time=1591228722 user_id=148318]Hello fellow parents,
Need your advices again. Am asking for a friend this time who is trying to decide which address she will use for this years registration. They have a dd and are deciding btw SNGS or SCGS.
At SNGS, they will be within 1km and can try at 2b and 2c. At SCGS, it will be one try at 2C but also within 1km.
I told her SNGS at both phases are more competitive than SCGS though she has two tries. But she’s worried stay SNGS might be too pressurizing for her gal.
Statistically, which school will give her a better chance?
so parents who are applying for their children P1 registration this coming July, don't look at the past 220 (SCGS), nor past 230 (St Nick) anymore, because Tscore no more, Tscore no longer valid, wef 2021,
because
everything start afresh (anew) from scratch, ftom ground zero again, regardless of which primary school you enrol your K2 kindergarten daughter (son) into.[/quote]Her main concern comes back to the stress level academically because her kid is now in a more play based preschool. She would prefer a less stressful environment. Anyone can share more insight/ info on the two schools (SNGS vs SCGS) with regards to this? Thanks!
Side note - my own take on this affiliation is that its really up to the kid's own performance then. Like what you said, no one knows how this affiliation will turn out after Tscore is abolished. If it helps then see it as a bonus. -
RE: Choosing and Evaluating Primary Schools
Hello fellow parents,
Need your advices again. Am asking for a friend this time who is trying to decide which address she will use for this years registration. They have a dd and are deciding btw SNGS or SCGS.
At SNGS, they will be within 1km and can try at 2b and 2c. At SCGS, it will be one try at 2C but also within 1km.
I told her SNGS at both phases are more competitive than SCGS though she has two tries. But she’s worried stay SNGS might be too pressurizing for her gal.
Statistically, which school will give her a better chance? -
RE: Choosing and Evaluating Primary Schools
Thanks @floppy for your direct analysis. Appreciate it. It's along with what I was thinking too.
Yes @Hendon, its a slim chance that CHIJ TPY may even open up for ballot for outside of 2km but got nothing to lose to try.
Because ATS is our only 1km school, that leaves us with no choice but to try applying for it at 2C. My preferred school was actually Kuo Chuan as its not that far by car but they rejected me for my PV application last year.
so... well... it is what it is.
All the best to us who have kids applying this year! -
RE: Choosing and Evaluating Primary Schools
hello! hoping to get some thoughts from parents here for my dd (SC) p1 registration this year.
Our options so far:
2b - CHIJ TPY (>2km) through church affliation
2c - Ai Tong ( < 1km) ; Marymount Convent (1-2km)
We do prefer Ai Tong over CHIJ TPY because the school is so near (walking distance) but its so competitive!
So my plan is to try CHIJ TPY hoping to get a balloting chance for those outside of 2km. IF in the event that we get a place, check in with ATS during 2C to see what are the chances like for SC within 1km. But now with registration moving all online, I am not sure if I will be able to get the information to make that decision.
Of course there’s marymount for 2cs but between CHIJ TPY and Marymount, we prefer CHIJ TPY for its secondary school affiliation hence trying for 2b.
So my dilemma is IF we get a place at CHIJ TPY, do we withdraw for Ai Tong at 2C? What would you do and why?
Any other suggestions or comments are welcomed! Thanks! -
RE: Singapore Chinese Girls' Primary
Not me. When I submitted last year think they said will inform in Jan? Have they started notifying the applicants?
-
RE: St James Church Kindergarten
Hi Skyeth, not that I know of but usually the parents will form their own class chat groupwhen sch starts.
-
RE: 2020 P1 Registration Exercise for 2021 In-take
qms - appreciate this so much! Thanks a lot

Going by this, looks like if I stay outside of 2km for these two schools, chances for me at 2B will be very slim even as a SC