Thanks, slmkhoo.
One more qn:
Siti will call in/call on her grandparents and help them to clean their apartment fortnightly.
Thanks.
Posts
-
RE: Q&A - P4 English
-
RE: Q&A - P4 English
slmkhoo:
Thanks, slmkhoo.
weary, custom, muchnonKiasu:
Hi. May I know what's the correct answer for the following 3 qns. Thanks.
1. The tourist sat down to rest his tiring/weary legs after the long walk in the zoo.
2. According to practice/culture/custom, a lady who has just given birth is not allowed to take a bath.
3. There is some/much/a few painting to be done but only one painter is doing the work.
Ya, I have the same answer as you on qn 1 & 3. Just wanted to confirm that the answer sheet is wrong: tiring, a few.
But for qn 2, the answer sheet is practice. May I know why it's custom and not the other 2. Thanks. -
RE: Q&A - P4 English
Hi. May I know what’s the correct answer for the following 3 qns. Thanks.
1. The tourist sat down to rest his tiring/weary legs after the long walk in the zoo.
2. According to practice/culture/custom, a lady who has just given birth is not allowed to take a bath.
3. There is some/much/a few painting to be done but only one painter is doing the work. -
RE: P5 Science & Maths a big change
Jarol Lo:
Agreed. Usually P2 to P3 is jump, likewise to P4 to P5. Most of my son's classmates got the hit during their SA1 result but recover well in SA2. My son got average of 70s during P5 SA1 compared close to 90s for his P4 SA2, but recent result for his P5 SA2 recovered back to 80s. I'm grad of his result even though still a gap from his usual 90s last year, but have to accept that this is the realty we've to face. Just hope he can maintain or slight improvement next year in P6 in order to prepare well for his DSA.[/quote]Thanks all the mummy for your sharing.janet_lee88:
[quote=\"nonKiasu\"]Hi. My ds are finishing their P4 this year. Reading this thread is scary. Is it really a must to have tuition in both Math and Sci in P5?
there will be a dip in the first semester. but if you are able to coach your boy, then the tuition thing can hold back.
Hmm... how abt never 90s from P1 to P4? P1/P2 only 80s, P4 now only 70s, band 2 for each 4 subjects. So expecting to fail in P5? That will definitely hurt his ego and confidence. My poor boy, he had tried his best for the last 4 yrs! I also had tried my best to guide him. I don't have high expectation such as band 1 but fail? No, no. This whole education system is driving pple crazy. -
RE: P5 Science & Maths a big change
Hi. My ds are finishing their P4 this year. Reading this thread is scary. Is it really a must to have tuition in both Math and Sci in P5?
-
RE: Poi Ching
Hi. The P4s are given a form to opt in or out of P5 HCL today. Anyone can advise on whether to opt in or out? For those that had taken HCL or had opt out, can share your experience? Thanks much.
-
RE: Q&A - P4 Math
Hi, there. Question need help. TIA.
Siti, Rahmesh and Peter had 528 stickers at first. Siti brought another 32 stickers, Ramesh gave 1/5 of his stickers away and Peter was given as many stickers as he had at first by his father. In the end, all three of them had equal number of stickers. Find the number of stickers Siti had at first.
I understand the 1st number sentence:
528 + 32 = 560
But I don’t understand why the 2nd number sentence is:
560 div 10 = 56 ??
I thot it should be 560 div 11 (4 parts from Siti, 5 parts from Rahmesh and 2 parts from Peter). But then 560 is not divisible by 11. -
RE: Poi Ching
twinnnkle:
my DS is P2. this is the Rice plus store. Since beginning of the year, DS faces few issues from the same store and we boycotted it . But yday not much food left so he ended up with that store..
Sorry, no idea bec my boys like to buy from noodle and western stalls. I wonder you want to bring this issue up to the general office. But I guess useless also. When my DSs were in P1, I went to general office to ask why no vegetables are available in whole canteen. They don't even know and so a guy followed me to the canteen to find out! The nooddle stall insisited that the bean spout is THE vegetable and no children will eat green veg! Rice+ only serves green veg during lunch which she claims only teacher will eat. The fact is my boys love green veg and the stores insisted that they are right. The guy who followed me just kept quiet. -
RE: Poi Ching
twinnnkle:
Which stall? Let me ask my boys. Which level is your DS?Hi PC Parents,
DS bought a plate of rice and egg from a stall in the school canteen. It costs 80 cents , he gave the seller $1 and expect the 20 cents change. But the seller gave only 10 cents change . When DS asked for additional change, she shoo him away. Anyone kids experience this ? -
RE: Chicken essence
jetsetter:
nonKiasu:
[quote=\"Dora1\"]Actually can make your own chicken essence.
Hi. Can share how to make chicken essence? Thanks.
I remembered my confinement lady made for me then but I didn't learn from her. Now, regret.
Recently, my friend told me that she let her dd tried taking chicken essence and it helps her to concentrate and sit longer to do homework. Like my ds3, her dd usually day dream while doing homework. So I think of trying on my ds too and if it works, why not?
i think a lot of hardwork! many chicken bones, herbs and gas![/quote]Thanks for the warning. So, how to make?