Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. nonKiasu
    3. Posts
    N
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 6
    • Posts 291
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: Chicken essence

      Dora1:
      Actually can make your own chicken essence.

      Hi. Can share how to make chicken essence? Thanks.
      I remembered my confinement lady made for me then but I didn't learn from her. Now, regret.
      Recently, my friend told me that she let her dd tried taking chicken essence and it helps her to concentrate and sit longer to do homework. Like my ds3, her dd usually day dream while doing homework. So I think of trying on my ds too and if it works, why not?

      posted in Health
      N
      nonKiasu
    • RE: GEP 2013 - Screening & Selection

      ululu:
      nonKiasu:



      Same here. Exactly like what Sango said. No envelopes. According to my ds, those selected has orange envelope. His class has 3 selected. Whole sch, dun know how many.

      ululu, how's your dd?

      Hi nonkiasu, DD gets in..... 2 from her class got in. 1 boy 1 girl. I heard from DD the whole school altogether 6 get in this time. She told me her classmates asked her \" don't leave us...\" after the principal handed out the envelope... haiz...... Suddenly quite emo.... Her school teachers mostly are quite caring, esp her Chinese teacher whom DD loves dearly.... Let alone their very nice and supportive principal....

      :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:
      Ya, so emotional huh. And girls are usually more so....
      Well, who knows, the gep sch may have more caring teachers and nicer principal?
      Oh, if 6, then I know liao - 1 from 3C, 3 from 3G and 2 from your dd class (ha, what class huh?). So, its 4 boys, 2 girls! I know the contact of a parent of 3G boy. If u want me to link u up, pm me your contact, ya.

      posted in GEP
      N
      nonKiasu
    • RE: GEP 2013 - Screening & Selection

      Sango:
      Not selected. Not received any envelops....Just white paper saying - thank you for participating in gep prog. regret to inform you that you have not been selected for the GEP.

      Same here. Exactly like what Sango said. No envelopes. According to my ds, those selected has orange envelope. His class has 3 selected. Whole sch, dun know how many.

      ululu, how's your dd?

      posted in GEP
      N
      nonKiasu
    • RE: GEP 2013 - Screening & Selection

      Hey, ululu. Nice to meet u here! Thanks and all the best to your dd too. My ds also rated the paper similar to yours. Most of the responses here seems to rate Math paper ok. So PC is prob weaker in Math. A parent whose girl was transfer to PC beginning of this yr commented that PC math is so much easier as compared to her previous sch.


      While I will definitely feel great if my ds can go to gep but not getting in may be good for him too. When he first got the letter for rd 2, he was thinkly so highly of himself bec the classmate, who he always ask for advise when he don't know his work, didn't get in. After 2 days of gep, I can that he is mentally 'tamed'. At least, without me po-leng-shui, he learnt that yi-san-hai-you-yi-san-gou πŸ™‚

      Well said on the spore citizen vs foreigner. Ya, my dh has no voting right here but he is more Singporean than one can think of bec he is educated here. He particpated in this yr ndp too. Even my 3 ds need to go NS in future, the thot of my ds not being singaporeans didn't cross his mind. And he is more like a foreigner whenever he goes back to his hometown. So a 10-yr old foreigner today may give u 3 singaporeans in future πŸ™‚

      posted in GEP
      N
      nonKiasu
    • RE: Rosyth

      Hi. May I know which is the temp/perm location? Ang Mio Kio Ave 5 or Serangoon North Ave 4? When will they shift back to the perm location? Thanks.

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      N
      nonKiasu
    • RE: GEP 2013 - Screening & Selection

      My ds said today's math is very difficult, very much more difficult than yest Eng but GAT is easier than yesterday. I am not surprised bec his strength is in Eng. So my 1st qn to him was whether he think he can get thru round 2. He confidentially said NO. So I didn't probe him further on what are the qns. The next moment, he told me \"I think Samantha can get in!\". :scratchhead: I asked him why. He told me abt the bus journey back to sch, Samantha bah bah bah.... but nothing on the qns! :scratchhead: I still can't get how he deduced who can get thru round 2.

      Anyway, glad it's over. I believe the tests are a good experience for my ds. I also enjoy reading this thread and glad to feel the excitement in the air πŸ˜‚ Thanks everyone here.

      posted in GEP
      N
      nonKiasu
    • RE: GEP 2013 - Screening & Selection

      hamster:
      All the best for tomorrow.


      My girl could not sleep, went to bed at 11pm.

      Keep asking me mummy bla bla bla, what if she don't get in to this program will I feel upset?? Honesty speaking I don't want her to go for this test in the first place as my elder one din opt for it. However she want to try as whole class taking the test.

      She seem bo chap today.. But I can feel she is very disappointed that she din do well for the test today if not she always fall fast to sleep but today she said cannot sleep asked her she said nothing. Then again she starts to ask me the same question bla bla.. What if she....... Hazi... I guess she put too much stress for this test... I din realised that...If I know she will treat this so seriously I will not want her to try... If I know la......

      Just want to share my worries....
      Ya, tomr morning, give her lots of hugs and let her know she is already very good, top 10%.

      posted in GEP
      N
      nonKiasu
    • RE: GEP 2013 - Screening & Selection

      tracy4642:

      another question from one of parent as below:
      if (sprint) = TNIRPS, and [window] = NDO, then [(auditorium)] = ?
      interesting qn. My answer is: otidu
      My guess is:
      () is reverse letters + change to upper case
      So (auditorium) = MUIROTIDUA
      [] is number of letters divide by 2 to obtain say x, start from x and hv x letters + reverse to lower case? This one not very sure tho.
      So [MUIROTIDUA] = otidu

      I can't think of any answer for shark qn. But hahaha I really like the sharkfin answer, hahaha! And highway sounds good explanation - at least chiam enough.

      I have no chance to ask my ds anymore. After evening tv, he was so tired that he went to bed without dinner! I don't know if the test made him so tired or the tv... He watched for many hours!

      posted in GEP
      N
      nonKiasu
    • RE: GEP 2013 - Screening & Selection

      My ds didn't go for any prep class too. I am very tempted and enquired thru email. The reply didn't answered the cost but only the schedule. So must be very ex.... so I think not worth to spend it. Personally, I hv no time prep him too.


      Wow, u all can fish out so many things from your dc. Just now when I go and fetched him, he said English easier than GAT. He is happy that there is no open-ended compre. He told me there are patterns in GAT and he didn't know the answer. Most of the patterns have a ? in the middle of the pattern. I asked him for an e.g. he quoted upper mixed with lower case letters.

      Edit: Btw, altho ds said English is easier, he only know half of the qns. The other half guess. I guess he prob know none of the GAT qn and that's why English is easier πŸ˜‚ .

      Now ask him again, he said Eng don't have snake but hv trading + his fav quote 'I don't remember\"! Anyway, he is busy watching tv now n don't bother abt my qn.

      posted in GEP
      N
      nonKiasu
    • RE: GEP 2013 - Screening & Selection

      Ya, I am doing nothing to my ds1. But now I see that Area and Perimeter is in the gep test? His sch haven’t covered that yet! So, alamak, I need to teach him?

      posted in GEP
      N
      nonKiasu
    • 1 / 1
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy