If the kid does something wrong and continues to do it knowing that it is wrong, neither repeated explaining or scolding or any other form of one directional communication is going to work. It is better to find out the reason why.
Repeatedly doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome is the definition of insanity.
Posts
-
RE: Living in Singapore
-
RE: Living in Singapore
lee_yl\" post_id=\"2130819\" time=\"1710677926\" user_id=\"17023:
Not all kids are susceptible to \"brainwashing\". All children are different. Some are more strong-willed than others. Some will only learn from personal experience.
No choice, when I see something is wrong, I have to voice it out before it’s too late. It’s like when we see the kids addicted to handphone games, we have to remind them of the consequences.
I once asked my grandma if I scold my kids when they did wrong, would they bear grudges against me? My grandma replied no lah, when they grow up, they will understand.
If your teenager listens to you, you should count your blessings. Unless it merely delays their teenage rebellion stage till they are in their 20s. Then good luck to you.
There is no one right or wrong way. It depends on the child. -
RE: Actual presentation slides shown to students during CCE lesson on Israel-Hamas conflict
I recommend reading Caitlin Johnstone.
-
RE: US lawmakers grill TikTok’s Singaporean CEO
Apparently the Dumb and Dumber Senate Sequel has started screening.
-
RE: All About Universities
lee_yl\" post_id=\"2122308\" time=\"1699450783\" user_id=\"17023:
Why we care how some ang moh rank universities in Asia? This is a very weird psychology. :?
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/asia-s-top-universities-nus-slips-to-3rd-place-ntu-climbs-one-spot-to-place-4th
Top 10 Universities in Asia:
1). China Peking University 北大
2). The University of Hong Kong
3). NUS
4). NTU
5). Tsinghua 清华
….
Congrats, as NTU climbed 1 spot to 4th place. -
RE: SG insane - Japanese NUS students about PSLE Math
PSLE maths is not that difficult. It just requires a different way of thinking from the one-track mindset we old timers were trained in back in the day.
On the other hand, try finding out where a secondary school student with 6 A1s and a F9 for Maths can progress to locally.

Then again, selective service industry courses in ITE are not so bad. -
RE: Berklee College of Music
Thank you. I saw that article. I am actually quite impressed you remembered reading that one word from such a long article.
I think he attended Berklee as a student at its Boston campus.
Guess not many people here are familiar with Berklee. Then again, most parents here will :faint: if their kid says he or she wants to do music at university.
It can be quite scary when the children wants to travel the path less trodden. :nailbite: -
RE: Berklee College of Music
Is anyone here familiar with Berklee College of Music, especially its online courses and undergraduate degree programs? I hear that Berklee is considered to be a top tier music school in the US.
DD is interested in enrolling in its degree program. She wants to skip A-Levels/Poly and go straight into getting a Bachelor of Arts. She is eyeing music composition rather than music performance. There is a degree for Music Composition for Film and TV that she is eyeing.
Any feedback will be appreciated. Thanks.
https://online.berklee.edu/ -
RE: Neil Humphreys : Singapore’s kiasu gang must break addiction to exams
fy2000jp2\" post_id=\"2117595\" time=\"1693205117\" user_id=\"197677:
You just missed Imp75's point.
Agree. GS is very bad for English. Surprisingly TinTin was not that bad. Sadly, both undone the good work of RDahl.
I belong to the quantity trumps quality school of thought. After 500 books, it doesn't matter whether it is GS, HP or R Dahl.
Actually, after 500 books, they can write better English than typical British children of the same age.
But they might start reading GOT... :nailbite: