Sigh… dunno why fingers so itchy, landed here and saw the topic on supplementary lessons. My first experience with PSLE is still far away. This is what was told to me by a current teacher, not fr my kiddos’ school, full time teacher with no sideline job.
Pls note different schools prep their students differently and this the sharing of a particular teacher fr a particular school, so I have no infor that all schools do it this manner.
She told me supp classes taught core materials meaning what’s needed to prep for PSLE and not extra materials. She told me she worried abt students who do no attend supp classes becos not sure if these students have the necc academic support otherwise.
My point? Have open comms with the teachers.
Not judging and not trying to sway decision one way or the other, just sharing.
S
Offline
Posts
-
RE: 2014 PSLE Discussions and Strategy
-
RE: 杨六斤
Wanbao published an update on what happened to 杨六斤 after the show. I hope the adults around him will do the right thing for and by him.
-
RE: 2014 P1 Registration Exercise for 2015 In-Take
angela:
Understand from 2011 babies, must take mmr 2nd dose in 18 months but my gal had received the cert issued by polyclinic. She has yet to take her mmr 2nd dose.
dd1 I used the cert issued by the poly, for ds I used the cert issued by his pd. both accepted during their p1 registrationSAHM_TAN:
[quote=\"winnieng78\"]may I seek your advice?
For the Immunisation Proof, is it a must to submit the list churned from the National Immunisation Registry?
Or can I show the health booklet or even the certificate provided by the PD earlier?
The reason I am asking is because the List churned from the National IR is missing 2 jabs...
Thanks.
Wonder is it a must to take mmr 2nd dose before she goes for P1 registration?[/quote]From what I understand, the 2nd MMR before 6yos affect bbies born in 2010 and those born before 2010 will be taken care or \"catch up\" during the student health check in Primary 1. I have 3 kids and one is born in 2010.
If for whatever reason missed the immunisation shot during the health check in primary one, can still make appt at the student health centre, still free of charge. My current p1 kid missed his shot in school and I arranged him to have the shot at the student health centre. Of course can get the shot at your PD but will need to pay while at the student health centre, it's free.
But if you are still worried, which I can understand, you can check with MOE or get the booster shot, by your doc, before P1 registration.
cheers
Edit: But then things change so quickly from one year to the next, so best to follow whatever infor you received fr your p1 registration package. -
RE: 杨六斤
Hi insider,
What does the mobility house means?
The scoring part is it how happy we are about the particular house?
The main house is it how satisfied we are about ourselves?
Thanks -
RE: 2014 P1 Registration Exercise for 2015 In-Take
winnieng78:
dd1 I used the cert issued by the poly, for ds I used the cert issued by his pd. both accepted during their p1 registrationmay I seek your advice?
For the Immunisation Proof, is it a must to submit the list churned from the National Immunisation Registry?
Or can I show the health booklet or even the certificate provided by the PD earlier?
The reason I am asking is because the List churned from the National IR is missing 2 jabs...
Thanks. -
RE: 2014 P1 Registration Exercise for 2015 In-Take
angela:
I'm not judging, just sharing what I read.
Hi SAHM_TAN,
Thanks for your clear explanation.
Actually, I do not wish to do the statutory declaration as need to trouble my parents to go with me personally to MOE.
Viewing the past year history, they only ballot in phrase 2B, so just a bit worry that there is ballot in phrase 2A2.
Maybe I just try my luck first.
Anyway, thanks a lot.
Recently can't remember which date. There was a piece of news in WanBao, a father was found to have used the incorrect address for P1 registration. There was no report on why the address was wrong or what happened to the child, whether stay in school or transfer. As for the father, I can't remember the punishment, it was either short jail term or fine.
All the best -
RE: 2014 P1 Registration Exercise for 2015 In-Take
angela:
Last yr HIPHi all,
My gal will be joining for registration for 2015 P1 and I am intend to put her in Holy Innocents' Primary School as I am an old girl of that school so meaning I will be in phrase 2A2.
In view of 40 seats have been taken up for Phrase 2B and 2C, I am worry that phrase 2A2 might need to ballot.
I am staying in sengkang whereas my mum is staying less than 1km from HIPS so thinking to use my mum's home address to register for her P1. Wonder will it be high chance? Kindly advise.
Thanks in advance.
Total Vacancies - 270
P1 - 125
P2A - 6
P2A2 - 58
The good news is that there is no reduction of total vacancies, it stays at 270. Taking into account the reserved vacancies, will need an increased of more than 41 registrants to have the risk of balloting at P2A2. How do you feel about the buffer of 41?
Theoretically you have 2 chances to register, one as old girl in P2A2 and another chance at P2C. Meaning if you do not succeed at P2A2, you can still try again at P2C. Do you have church affiliation? If yes, you have another chance at P2B which makes it 3 chances.
If you want to use your parents' address, you have to make a statutory declaration. The procedure and criteria can be found in this link http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/admissi ... eclaration
Pls take note, using statutory declaration, even though your parents add is within 1km of the school, you will be classified under 1-2km, and based on last yr there's balloting for SC under 1-2km.
edit: regarding P2B, pls check with school if they are connected with any churches. I'm not a member of a church, so I only know the theory part and not the practical part heehee. -
RE: 2014 P1 Registration Exercise for 2015 In-Take
phtthp:
Last year (2013) : Total vacancies = 300, Maris Stella primaryjetsetter:
What was the 2C demand for Maris Stella like in 2013?
Phase 2B -
SC balloted : outside 2 km
Phase 2C -
SC balloted : within 1 to 2 km
http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... start=1020
This year, Total vacancies = 270
Phase 2A2 may ballot
Last yr for Maris Stella High
Total Vacancies P1 P2A P2A2
300 100 17 37
Taking into account the reduced and reserved vacancies, will need a total increase of more than 76 registrants to have the risk of balloting at P2A2. I feel pretty ok with the 76 buffer. Of course parents who are in P2A2 who feel uneasy should think of back up plan -
RE: Eumora soap
tinkfirst:
a friend introduces me this miracle bar soap which I've yet to try. Anyone has tried before, any feedback is appreciated.
I used this soap on my ds and dd2 when they were babies becos for a period of time ds had kind of like skin issues and at one time, dd2 had skin issue on her face.
Now I do not use it becos they no longer have the problem.
They did not require long term use but I would say within the period that they were using it, the product delivered what the seller stated that the product can do.
We stopped using it becos the soap is rather expensive and we do not have other serious conditions that require to continue purchasing the soap.
The size of the soap is quite small, if the manufacturer have not made any changes.
What's the price for the soap now? I think they come in qty of 3 or 5? I can't remember, I can only remember the price tag LOL. -
RE: 杨六斤
insider:
Hi SAHM_TAN
The earlier you can feel that 'qi' really exists, the earlier you can find peace and happiness (I know not always will be successful in terms of be able to be calm all the time but if you can improve one bit at a time, things will change for yourself and everyone with you - this is a definite outcome).
The concept of 'qi' (磁场) is abstract with many may take it as 'nonsense'. Perhaps this can be explained easiest by sometimes, we just have a feeling that someone is 'looking / staring' at us from a particular direction (left, right, behind, etc) even though our eyes can't see this someone. It's just a feeling and that feeling is created by 'qi' (something related to 'quantum physics'). This 'air molecules' will connect the 'looking / staring' to us 'invisibly/wirelessly'. Strange I know.
Everyone brings 'qi' to a place and as said before, if we want the 'qi' in the house to be good, then we always should try to maintain the positive 'qi' in the house for our kids and spouse. When the house is in a mess with quarrels, resentment, etc, it is likely to be originated or re-originated from us. Take we are unhappy with our child not doing well enough in school, we start feeling 'resentful' and the child got affected by such resentment and so he also respond by resenting or take our spouse returns home with some negative qi from his work place and affects us, then negative consequences will connect one after another (if we allow our positive qi, if any, to be affected by the negative one instead of vice versa = calmness is required).
The path to happiness lies in the ability to be reflective and search for self inadequacy when things do not turn up well and not to keep thinking self is OK and others are bringing misery to us - quite simple to understand but somehow just so difficult for many to practise (common to see when come to 功劳, it's 'I, I, I' while comes to 过失, it's 'You, You You\".
The greatest source of blessings is from our elderly (esp grandparents, parents, and in-laws). If these relationships are not well (regardless of who is 'at fault'), chances are that person (and hence the people around him/her too) is unlikely to have a smooth sailing life but will be plagued with obstacles, challenges, problems, etc (诸事不顺). So, reflect on this if you still bear any grievances against any of these people. You are 50% closer to 万事通顺 if you do not have issues in this area and so it's worthwhile to 修 on this part.
Hi insider,
Thanks for the encouraging post.
I remembered one of your posts about blessings from elders. It was at about that time that there were openings for me to resolve some issues with my parents and PILs and I did. My grievances with my MIL was the most major. LOL Both of us suffered \"battle wounds\". I thought it would not happen to me becos I'm usually pretty ok with most things but we clashed on one thing that both will not back down. We are ok now
The other strange thing for me is I feel better when I use less of the iphone.
There is now only one major knot in my heart that bugs me.