Looking for a Child care near bedok too. Wondering where is this one world int . Is it new ?
Posts
-
RE: One World International School (East Coast)
-
RE: Little Skool House
faeriekim:
after the disappointing display at tampines lsh, i almost did not turn up at fidelio street's little skool house. it would have been to my losEs if i did not go.
the principal is really a patient and sincere lady. she took time to sit me down and went through the curriculum and all other basic information. her answers were very clear and positively put across. she really impressed me.
the school was also recently 'revamped' and it was good to see a spacious dance studio and a fun-looking playground.
however, the teacher for the toddlers' class looked quite upset (assistant teacher was on leave) as she was handling about 8 children alone in the room. hmm... that was the main concern that I had, otherwise I would have just registered my child there and then.
My girl was from little skool house ! Withdrawl her already cos they keep changing teachers and upon a few times shortage of teachers! That made me really upset! Paying this kind private rate of fee! But couldn't get what I want! Principal was warmth , teachers very caring too ( but leaving soon)! So upset! Place was airy but rather hot during afternoon cos sunset! Overall a nice place but really teachers problem only!
you can't have the best of everything, I guess. -
RE: Our Juniors' Schoolhouse
R u staying nearby ? So just to look for a place nearby your house? If yes then ok loh! Have u check out the facilities inside? Did u go to see their toilet? Tiles run down! Then every room seems so small n stuffy! I just don’t like the place at all after visiting. Very run down and they never renovate much before moving in! Teachers seems not friendly too ! Then saw an aunt in a room??? Weird ! Y not employ a trained treacher but an aunt?? Overall is only my personal comment , if u want to know more u go down personally to have a look
-
RE: My First Skool (former NTUC Childcare)
[quote="wanna_know_more"]i heard the teachers at MFS 419 at bedok are dedicated and nice.
my neighbour whose children (2 of them), graduated from that cc, recommended this cc to me.
i heard the simei outlet keep on changin teachers.
hmm… i think thats bad for the kids growth.
im torn between bedok 419 and simei.
im stayin at bedok reservoir.
any comments?[/quote
I am staying at bedok reservoir too thinking of goinng sparkletots which just opened near my house or first skool at 419 bedok. But that day I went to the 419 first skool !!! They look rather crowded and hot and cramp inside! So still considering also! But heard that there are new branch opening at bk 503 too. But late 2010 -
RE: Working with P3 stress
Oh my girl jus got counsel today . Conclusion positive !!! No emotional problems. Phew!!! Wat a relief! Maybe that tr abit k s but she is really helpful! I must thank the tr or else Till now, I myself still can’t figure out my daughter need attention! Now she comlain tat she can’t see the board clearly, poor vision reading books. So I brought her to optician! 2 opticians!!! Know what ??? While reading she complain she can’t see those big letter words then optician say they suspect ard 200• deg!!! It give me a shock! Then she was taken to the computer screening ! Result came out was nothing… both different shop sAy the same thing! I am really out of my wits! Dun know what will be her next move?
-
RE: Working with P3 stress
vlim:
Is your DS in MBS?I also agree with the teacher that p3 is the changing time as the students' workload will increase and there are one more new subject to handle, Science. When my ds was in p3 and he was in the top class, he also felt stress initially as there were increase of homework, house practise and so forth. So at that time, I have interacted with the teachers and straightened up some issue. I am glad that my ds's school teachers are all very approachable and willing to assist so any problems raised are solved quickly.
Continue to talk to the form teacher to solve your dd problems alternatively email the principal if need to as there might be something ' fishy'
if so many of the students from the same class need couselling :shock:
My girl changed since she was inher P2 mid. when my younger is ard 1 years old & starting to ask for attention . What i can do now is to wait for the school counsel to have a talk to her .
finger cross!!! -
Working with P3 stress
Hi anyone willing to share how to cope a P3 girl whom feel like wanting to give up on her studies. She had been a good girl since she is in Kindergarten, produce a good score in P1 & P2(SA1). UNTIL here came my younger daughter. I believe that she is jealous of the time I spend on my younger daughter.
I found out from the teacher through a meeting that she suggest my daughter to go for a counseling. That might be the cause of jealousy.
Her school work had dropped trememously. I did have a so called alone time with her, asking whats her problem. AND let her suggest me what should I do instead. BUT the reason she give me is she hate school. Giving excuses that the teacher put her near the window that she cant stand the heat, friends calling her names, friend took her things, push her to fall, etc…
a couple of times, she actually doesn’t want to attend school. she woke up & I force her to go school but she jus wont want to get off her bed, crying & making a fuss till the whole family was awake.
She in in the AM session, so every day after school, she will be at my side spending most of the time with me.
BUT I STILL DUN KNOW WHAT SHE WANTS?
I did went to look for the teacher reg the "kids complain" in school. but the teacher doesn’t seems to give me an answer. she jus say that this P3 class of hers, alot need to go for counsel. She claimed that P3 in the "changing" time & most of them will change in terms of attitute, character , etc.
My girl now learn to talk back to me. not as "sweet" as last time she used to kiss & hug me before she sleep. she seems like a grown up & want to do things as & what she wish to . -
RE: All About HFMD
BlurBee:
. Does MOH has any records of which ccc are infected? Like numbers outbreak when & where?
My DS2 is having HFMD after 1 week of CCC.
And he is the 1st confirm case in his CCC.
So glad to find so many information here.
Visited the MOH website on the weekly report:
Wk 6 (7-13 Feb) - 330
Wk 7 (14-20 Feb) - 367
Wk 8 (21-27 Feb) - 526
http://www.moh.gov.sg/mohcorp/statisticsweeklybulletins.aspx
All parents with young children pls take note. -
RE: [Hougang/Seng Kang/Punggol] Kindergartens
Y dun continue from his/her nursery school! Mean your kid got to start all over again!