The agency we used charged $4000. Got a shock when I saw it.
Posts
-
RE: Maid agency fee
-
RE: All About Parenting Teenagers
Hi there, this can be something good if your daughter feels comfortable to relate to and share her joys and worries with you. Ultimately, family support is still what kids need when they deal with so many changes in their lives.
-
RE: All About Full-Time Maids
House rules will differ. It depends on what you expect from your helper. My family does not expect a lot, but we do know of friends who wrote down a list of rules for their helpers. It may be better for you to discuss with your family members. For social media, no access unless she requests to go on Facebook to see the photos uploaded by her family.
-
RE: All About Full-Time Maids
anggie78:
Nationality per se is not the issue, but I think the helper should be able to speak some English so that your child can communicate with her without any problems. Many helpers from Cambodia and Myanmar speak very poor English. It's a challenge even for adults to communicate with them. My helper who is Indonesian can speak some English and is able to read simple books to my son. This helps them to build a bond, so that my son is happy to have her take care of him when my wife is busy.Snow24:
Hi
If hiring maids to take care young children should select filipino or indonesian?
Nationality shouldn't be the issue Snow24, you should find one that likes to mingle with your children -
RE: All About English Speech & Drama Enrichment
irrrlyn:
'
Hi, I would like to just share that if anyone is to comment that your child is shy, it would be best to respond that \"He just needs more courage and confident to speak up.\" \"Shy\" is a shame word and hurts children emotionally, if used over prolonged period, it will hinder the child's self confidence and self esteem.
As parents, we have the responsibility to protect our children from any form of abuse. Shaming and naming constitutes to emotional abuse and should not be tolerated.
There are many reasons for claming up in school; separation anxiety, lack of confidence, inadequate readiness for childcare are some of the possible factors. You may wish to have a word with his childcare teachers on his behaviour and interaction with other children in school. It would also be helpful to talk to the child on how you can help him to be more confident when he is out. With more encouragement, I believe he will open up slowly. Remember that patience is key.
IMHO, this is not the time to send him for any classes as it may increase his anxiety since he is not ready to interact with strangers as yet.
Thank you for the insight! I agree with you on the harmful effects of labelling. When someone calls my son \"shy\", I usually share that he's not talking because he needs time to warm up to people that he doesn't see often. Will wait for a time when he's more ready before sending him for enrichment. -
RE: Online shopping
My wife bought some second-hand Usborne books from an online seller who said she was selling the books cheaply, but they turned out to be MIC or Taobao versions. The quality of the print is good and content is the same, but a few of the books had minor punctuation and spacing errors.
-
RE: Anyone know any good Child Psychologist ?
mklee:
Hi, I need some advise. I am divorced for a year now...with 2 boys aged 8 and 9. While i recognise the children need both parents, and i have never stopped them from interacting with their father, he had been putting ideas into the children's head. telling them if i have boyfriend, i will not want them. and also telling the children to make to sad, angry and scared so that mummy will think she needs daddy back to help. I have also maintained to the children that their father will always be their father, and me their mother regardless of the status of the marriage. but he had been giving them a totally different view, and kept harping that they are now from broken family. They had been seeing a school counsellor...but it does not seem to help. my elder one is more mature...and keeps everything to himself knowing that what he tells will potentially anger either one parent. my younger one had started acting out, refusing to let me go out, throwing tantrums and becoming rude one moment, but sweet and affectionate the next. I had been advised to get them a pet, and to see a proper psychologist. Would anyone one have a recommendation?
Hi, I hope things are better now with you. I don't know any psychologist who sees children but I have attended a workshop by a psychologist who works with parents. She coaches parents on how to manage their kids' growing up years, including how to relate to them, what to do when they act out, which may be a symptom of them experiencing stress and uncertainty.
Her name is Sha-en Yeo. You can have a look at her credentials on this website: http://www.positivepsych.edu.sg/about/our-faculty.
I'm not sure how getting a pet will help. Although your kids may enjoy caring for the animal, it doesn't address the root problem. You may want to have a word with your ex-husband as well. Ultimately, what he has done only creates more emotional distress for your kids. -
RE: Making A Will
starlight1968sg:
I take estate planning is the same as making a will to plan on the distribution of assets. I am keen to learn more about LPA
This website has information on LPA. https://www.publicguardian.gov.sg/opg/pages/The-LPA-How-Can-I-Make-a-Lasting-Power-of-Attorney.aspx
I have done one for myself. It's especially important for the elderly to ensure that there is someone who make the decisions for them, in the event that they are not able to. -
RE: Retirement Insurance
starlight1968sg:
Some Singaporeans are getting their medicine from JB. Sad but true. Panadol can be bought over the counter. For other types of medicine, they will dispense them as long as you have the original prescription from the doctor.Janet
For Panadol = paracetamol (?), get it from Polyclinic after seeing the doc. It is quite cheap
Yes, money becomes smaller and a $50 note can't buy many items in ntuc.