Puffer:DS said some of his classmates are given form to inform that the teachers need to meet their parents. So maybe it's true that there's \"block book\".wonderm:I don't think the teachers block booked slots to meet certain parents during this PTM period. For my ds, only 1 teacher is \"not available\" for the full 2-day period and that's because he is on reservist. There could be other reasons why a certain teacher is not available during this 2 days, parents can email or call the teacher to arrange to chat on another day, if necessary.
If you have logged in within 15 minutes from its opening on the first day, you would see close to 50% of a particular teacher's slots been booked - if this is not 'block-book', then that was really fast acts by some parents!
Posts
-
RE: Hwa Chong Institution (High School)
-
RE: Hwa Chong Institution (High School)
Dear parents,
remember to go to Parentsβ Portal to book your session with the teachers. -
RE: Hwa Chong Institution (High School)
8228:
I know they do have CIP prog during school holiday. Maybe your DS can participate in those progs.
My ds said the CIP program is on Thursday afternoon when he has other activities. He has to attend 4 times as 3 hours is clocked for each event and everyone needs to clock 10 hours. Are there any other CIP programs on other days e.g. weekends? His CCA is a club which does not have any event which can contribute to CIP hours so far.yukilei:
Hi Sec 1 parents,
just to share. DS has participated the CIP programe. The school has arranged bus to fetch them to the venue. However, the boys have to make their way home themselves. For your information in case you need to make arrangement to fetch your DS.
Thank goodness, my DS manage to find his way home himself. Think he has really grown up.
-
RE: Hwa Chong Institution (High School)
Hi Sec 1 parents,
just to share. DS has participated the CIP programe. The school has arranged bus to fetch them to the venue. However, the boys have to make their way home themselves. For your information in case you need to make arrangement to fetch your DS.
Thank goodness, my DS manage to find his way home himself. Think he has really grown up.
-
RE: Hwa Chong Institution (High School)
Puffer:
8228:
yukilei, where are those CIP activities listed? My ds does not know.
A lot of school's happenings, CIP included, are posted in EMBs where students are expected to check daily. I don't know where else you can get the CIP info from. And yes, CIP is compulsory and there's a minimum requirement to meet by end of the year.
Ya, DS gets all school info thru EMB, including CIP activities. -
RE: Hwa Chong Institution (High School)
Otah:
DS's MSG is within the required MSG given by his teacher.
Oh, how did he do?yukilei:
Thanks parents for the info!!
Manage to see DS progress report.
may I ask whether there is still ACE this year? Don't seem to find ACE for sec 3.
However, he said that his teachers told the class that the Term 1 papers are easy!!
Hope it wont be too difficult for Term 2.
May I ask what is ACE? -
RE: Hwa Chong Institution (High School)
YumYum:
Yum Yum,Dear 8228,
ISP could probably refer to the Intelligent School Portal where the progress rpt is posted n the 6 subjects which our boys are assessed against are listed.
Yes, CIP hrs show zero...not sure if there's mandatory hrs to be clocked ...
DS said that it's compulsory to clock CIP hrs, however, he's not sure if there's any min hr to be clocked. He said that there'll be CIP activities every week & the boys can choose the activities anytime. But if there's more than enough boys for 1 CIP activity, it'll be first come first serve basis. -
RE: Hwa Chong Institution (High School)
Thanks parents for the info!!
Manage to see DS progress report. -
RE: Hwa Chong Institution (High School)
jesschan:
Same for me too except that my son is aware that I log in and he doesn't mind sharing his password with me.[/quote]Ya, DS gave me the password. Just that the other day he said, give me I also din check , then I realise he's not aware that I've login. So, I just leave it as it is. He sees that it's his responsibility to check EMB evy day.yukilei:
[quote=\"8228\"]Ideally, I would want my ds to be responsible for his own stuff. However, I'd like to take a peep :evil: occasionally at EMB to make sure he does not forget anything important. I really hate him telling me things the last minutes. :mad:
This is what I'm doing. DS didn't know I login to EMB. If I happen to read sthg, I'll just ask him casually whether there's anything to update me. He will then login to EMB & keep me updated.
-
RE: Hwa Chong Institution (High School)
8228:
Ideally, I would want my ds to be responsible for his own stuff. However, I'd like to take a peep :evil: occasionally at EMB to make sure he does not forget anything important. I really hate him telling me things the last minutes. :mad:
This is what I'm doing. DS didn't know I login to EMB. If I happen to read sthg, I'll just ask him casually whether there's anything to update me. He will then login to EMB & keep me updated.