Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    In-law problems?

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Relationships
    5.3k Posts 331 Posters 1.4m Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • D Offline
      duriz
      last edited by

      janet_lee88:
      Hi Duriz,

      So it's the child that your MIL wants, not the parents.
      She wants to take over as MUMMY judging from you mentioned (clothes, food, haircut etc).
      Yes janet_lee88.
      Like I'd said earlier, she lived in a \"banana plantation\" (FIL, BIL and DH) for 30 years, she finally has a chance to mollycoddle a girly girl 😐

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • M Offline
        Mrs Ang
        last edited by

        My DD 1st year birthday is coming. DH suggested to have a simple birthday celebration at home and invited his parent, his sisters, my parents and my siblings. I hate the feeling of celebrating my DD first birthday with my pil and sils. When we visited them, my fil and sils don’t bother to carry DD or play with her. I still hate my mil. I don’t think my family will enjoy their company after what mil has done.


        I agreed with what other mothers have mentioned here that we as the mother have the right to make all decision concerning our children. I was very angry when my DH told me that mil said she has recovered from her "illness" so can help to take of DD but we cannot give any comments on how she take care of DD :x . Mil still dare to said these after playing me out twice!

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • R Offline
          RRMummy
          last edited by

          autumnbronze:
          :offtopic:


          psssssssssst, share with you something RRMummy ....

          My mom is neither a 'maternalistic' mom nor an ideal MIL to my SILs.

          Actually, I do understand what it means to be in the line of fire because this was the kind of r/s I had with my mom ....

          The funny thing is, she cannot understand why their relationship is so estranged as she keeps blaming them for the breakdown.

          I only came to this realization about my mom more so after I got married and especially after I gave birth because I had basis for comparison and analysis.

          But I still try my best to be a filial daughter though my patience is running short because of her lack of sensitivity towards my DS.

          πŸ˜„ πŸ˜„
          Poor dear.. it must be doubly tough coming from your own ma.. :snuggles: It is great that you are able to forgive her insensitivity and be at peace with her.

          Actually I was reacting towards 3boys comment on MILs being the \"misunderstood species\". As said, there are unfortunately some who are down right nasty and not at all misunderstood for they make their thoughts clearly known.. but he also mentioned that he agrees... so that's good πŸ˜‰

          I guess in those extreme cases, the best solution is to stay apart since water and oil just don't mix.. then visitations can be arranged and everyone can be civilized and have decent blood pressures :lol:

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • D Offline
            duriz
            last edited by

            Mrs Ang:
            My DD 1st year birthday is coming.

            My fellow Octomum with similar problems, I totally empathize 😞

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • M Offline
              Mrs Ang
              last edited by

              duriz:
              Mrs Ang:

              My DD 1st year birthday is coming.


              My fellow Octomum with similar problems, I totally empathize 😞

              Ya duriz, I have told my DH my concerns but DH scared that his family will find out that we didn't celebrate with them. Well....I think the only person that cares is his mother. His father and sisters never show care, love and concern on my DD.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • A Offline
                autumnbronze
                last edited by

                RRMummy:


                Poor dear.. it must be doubly tough coming from your own ma.. :snuggles: It is great that you are able to forgive her insensitivity and be at peace with her.
                Thanks sista, but kinda gotten and yet not gotten used to it, if you know what I mean ....
                RRMummy:
                Actually I was reacting towards 3boys comment on MILs being the \"misunderstood species\". As said, there are unfortunately some who are down right nasty and not at all misunderstood for they make their thoughts clearly known.. but he also mentioned that he agrees... so that's good πŸ˜‰
                Yah yah *nodding head* I know, I know πŸ˜„
                RRMummy:
                I guess in those extreme cases, the best solution is to stay apart since water and oil just don't mix.. then visitations can be arranged and everyone can be civilized and have decent blood pressures :lol:


                Ditto point of view .... :hi5:

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • R Offline
                  RRMummy
                  last edited by

                  autumnbronze:
                  RRMummy:


                  I guess in those extreme cases, the best solution is to stay apart since water and oil just don't mix.. then visitations can be arranged and everyone can be civilized and have decent blood pressures :lol:



                  Ditto point of view .... :hi5:

                  :hi5:

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • janet88J Offline
                    janet88
                    last edited by

                    Mrs Ang:
                    My DD 1st year birthday is coming. DH suggested to have a simple birthday celebration at home and invited his parent, his sisters, my parents and my siblings.


                    I agreed with what other mothers have mentioned here that we as the mother have the right to make all decision concerning our children.
                    Hey, I cannot stomach the idea of having to celebrate my kids' birthdays with hubby's family and my family around either...the feeling is super awkward.
                    Why don't you have 2 parties instead ? One with your parents/friends/siblings and another day with his parents. This way, I can honestly tell you that your family will enjoy better.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • C Offline
                      cherrygal
                      last edited by

                      janet_lee88:
                      Hey, I cannot stomach the idea of having to celebrate my kids' birthdays with hubby's family and my family around either...the feeling is super awkward.

                      Why don't you have 2 parties instead ? One with your parents/friends/siblings and another day with his parents. This way, I can honestly tell you that your family will enjoy better.
                      I totally agree! The last time we had my kid's full month celebration, had to have both families around... it was super awkward man...

                      Then my BIL's wife (who also has a baby), never bring her pram to my house and expect me to lend her my infant's sarong and cot to sleep in. Hey, these are personal items lor... I don't think they should be shared so my mom the clean freak said cannot, right in her face. My MIL and SIL were shocked by my mom's terse reply. So they had to carry all the way...hahahaa

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • M Offline
                        Mrs Ang
                        last edited by

                        LKVM:


                        :idea: then just call her mother lah πŸ˜‰
                        How I wish.....

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 172
                        • 173
                        • 174
                        • 175
                        • 176
                        • 528
                        • 529
                        • 174 / 529
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        3

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy