Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    In-law problems?

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Relationships
    5.3k Posts 331 Posters 1.4m Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • E Offline
      ectanz
      last edited by

      kids_r_innocent:
      ectanz:

      When I am sick but not serious, will tahan a bit by taking care myself but ask my hb to come early. However, if very serious, then no choice but to ask my hb to take leave. My MIL can't even know how to carry my 8mth old baby, not to mention taking care. Imagine with her around, I don't think I hv a peace of mine.


      Oh!! Ur MIL dunno how to carry your baby. Who was the one taking care of ur hb when he was a baby? :scratchhead:

      My MIL seems to have \"selective dementia\", cant seems to take care of young kids well though she brought her kids up by herself as she was oso a SAHM previously :scratchhead:

      Her mum. She complained to us 想当年 her MIL did not offer any help when she had 4 kids.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • K Offline
        kids_r_innocent
        last edited by

        ectanz:

        At least u hv a caring hb n 2 lovely kids.

        I cherished my mum more especially when i became one myself.
        U r rite!! Thks for the reminder.. I muz cherish them like i cherish my own mum!!

        Tats y the chinese song \"Only mummy is the best in the world!\". :hugs:

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • K Offline
          kids_r_innocent
          last edited by

          ectanz:

          Her mum. She complained to us 想当年 her MIL did not offer any help when she had 4 kids.
          Old folks seems to talk the same way. My MIL oso always brag about how tough she went thru bringing up her children 🤷 I can't be bothered as my mum and everyone else went thru even worse times than her!!

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • E Offline
            ectanz
            last edited by

            kids_r_innocent:
            ectanz:


            Did u mistaken as dang gui, a tonic for women? 😆 Tat will be impossible. I hv married my hb for around 10 yrs, not even a glass of herbal tea fr my MIL. She will only boil for her own children. No extra for DIL.

            Yup.. i tot it was dang gui!! 😂

            Mayb our own DIY herbal tea will taste better than that of our MIL. I tried boiling it before... my MIL doesnt even know how to boil herbal tea!! :skeptical:

            My MIL is a Cantonese. She will boil herbal tea every wkend.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • E Offline
              ectanz
              last edited by

              Hv anyone here went holiday trip with PIL before?


              I was being forced to go travelling with my PIL when my dd1 was around 3 yrs, her first trip to hong kong. Can u imagine I hv got nothing in this trip where hong kong is famous for shopping spree. I hv spending 4 days beside a day to Disneyland for my dd1, spending time with them to those sightseeings where I was least interested.

              I complained to my hb but he can't simply left the old folks to travel themselves. However, my MIL especially did not help me to take care of my dd1 as promised.

              I really hate it tat they really like to tag along wherever trip we went. There was 1 time, we intentionally did not inform them regarding our trip to Australia, can imagine their face when we r back to s'pore..... :rant: :mad:

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • M Offline
                mmlim
                last edited by

                Hi ectanz, my PIL suggested for me and hb to move in with them. My hb was moved and I can see his wish to do so, but I am a tad worried after reading all these threads.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • bigsnoopyB Offline
                  bigsnoopy
                  last edited by

                  mmlim:
                  Hi ectanz, my PIL suggested for me and hb to move in with them. My hb was moved and I can see his wish to do so, but I am a tad worried after reading all these threads.

                  I would advise against it no matter how tempting it might look... I too had no problems with ILs until I moved in but then I quickly :siam: but the damage is alrdy there...

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • A Offline
                    auntieM
                    last edited by

                    mmlim:
                    Hi ectanz, my PIL suggested for me and hb to move in with them. My hb was moved and I can see his wish to do so, but I am a tad worried after reading all these threads.

                    Really have to think over very seriously.. ..living together is not so 'simple', and you will lose your privacy and freedom too.. ..

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • jedamumJ Offline
                      jedamum
                      last edited by

                      you can consider moving in with them. but i would suggest you keep your house (ie dont sell your house and move in with them), in case you have second thoughts later.

                      i am not in the favour of selling the flat and buy a house (be it private property) with them even if it make more financial sense. not at the moment when the kids are young and potential conflict in childrearing views. but may not be a concern when the kids are all grown up and when you have aged. 😉

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • K Offline
                        kiddo
                        last edited by

                        Not easy to move in with in-laws, all aspect very different,

                        my in-laws are superb to get along but still living together
                        is a different matter, not that they or intentionally create trouble
                        is just the \"too close for comfort\" .

                        Just my take - \"best to live peacefully\" whether together
                        or not ... no need another issue to solve :hi5:

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 311
                        • 312
                        • 313
                        • 314
                        • 315
                        • 528
                        • 529
                        • 313 / 529
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        0

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy