Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Red Swastika

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
    1.8k Posts 124 Posters 729.9k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • C Offline
      Charnic
      last edited by

      sleepy:
      CNS:

      Having been to 3 different popular schools, i have kinda given up hope that schools will actually \"teach\". Least I asked for is some standard in the regular tests and exam papers to make me continue to stay on guard re kid's academics.. :xedfingers: Nevertheless, I am currently still pleased with the school for not streaming the kids at early age and provide equal materials to all classes. Note is \"provide\" but did they teach ? I am equally clueless too cos gal is always waiting for me to explain, despite having tuition at TLLs.. :?


      If attending tuition at TLL & with your help, I guess it doesn't matter which school they're in then. Your kids will definitely do well ๐Ÿ˜‰

      My earlier comments referring more to those kids without much tuition or parents' help. Just relying on sparing science notes are definitely insufficient to do well for exam.

      Doing well ? Guess this is quite subjective as every parent set their benchmark differently. Frankly, I do not even recall any notes for Science as I relied heavily on the materials from TLL. At least I find them adequate enough to cover all areas, saving me from collating from different sources. My humble opinion is it is now quite difficult to do very well without tuition unless the parent is very hands-on in providing adequate materials to the child. I have yet to come across schools which will actually coach the children adequately in solving challenging questions given that the standard of the children in the class varies.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • V Offline
        verykiasu2010
        last edited by

        CNS:


        Doing well ? Guess this is quite subjective as every parent set their benchmark differently. Frankly, I do not even recall any notes for Science as I relied heavily on the materials from TLL. At least I find them adequate enough to cover all areas, saving me from collating from different sources. My humble opinion is it is now quite difficult to do very well without tuition unless the parent is very hands-on in providing adequate materials to the child. I have yet to come across schools which will actually coach the children adequately in solving challenging questions given that the standard of the children in the class varies.
        which three popular schools are they ?

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • P Offline
          PhoBIA
          last edited by

          sk mum:
          Kelsy:

          [quote=\"sk mum\"]hi, does anyone know what time will sch bus pickup at sengkang in the morn and pickup at student care in the evening? thks


          In the school's web page, there is information about th bus operators for each area. Try calling them and enquire.

          Hi, try calling however the number seem no longer in use. Hopefully any parent here are able to answer me or possible to let me have the bus operator contact... thks alot![/quote]That's bad news. ๐Ÿ˜ž
          I called the Tampines operator, the number was valid.
          I'm still considering if I should let him take school bus. 15mins journey ends up being an hour journey if he takes school bus. :nailbite:

          Maybe have to wait for orientation day. The bus operators will be there.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • M Offline
            Mystical
            last edited by

            sk mum:
            Kelsy:

            [quote=\"sk mum\"]hi, does anyone know what time will sch bus pickup at sengkang in the morn and pickup at student care in the evening? thks


            In the school's web page, there is information about th bus operators for each area. Try calling them and enquire.

            Hi, try calling however the number seem no longer in use. Hopefully any parent here are able to answer me or possible to let me have the bus operator contact... thks alot![/quote]Try calling the School's General Office tel# 6443 0380. There must be a main person who co-ordinates with all the bus operators. The school would know whom you can contact.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • T Offline
              Taurus
              last edited by

              Hi,


              Can anyone with kids in P4 onwards share how is Science Practical Assessment like for P3? How to prepare for it?

              Thks

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • P Offline
                pekopoko
                last edited by

                Any feedback on RSS School Dentists? Are they like our time? Or better?

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • C Offline
                  changradiant
                  last edited by

                  Hi mummies,


                  Can I check with you, will this coming Friday 10 Aug a holiday with no school in RSS?

                  Pls advise.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • P Offline
                    PhoBIA
                    last edited by

                    changradiant:
                    Hi mummies,


                    Can I check with you, will this coming Friday 10 Aug a holiday with no school in RSS?

                    Pls advise.
                    I thought its nationwide across primary, secondary schools to have day after national day off?

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • phtthpP Offline
                      phtthp
                      last edited by

                      how many top classes are there in RSS ?

                      do they fix these classes, or every year change ?

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • A Offline
                        appleng
                        last edited by

                        Hi Mummies


                        I am looking for kids P3 next year who would like to join a home based Maths tution class. So far there is 2 RSS kids(including mine) confirming and we need one more to start a new class with this tutor(ex teacher) at a new time slot. Tutor told us that it will be good if we can have all RSS kids in same class so he can teach according to same standard, follow school topics flow and also revision for tests/exams will be done at similar pace since our test/exams all same dates

                        Venue: Near Hougang Central
                        Day and Time: Every Sat morning 11.30am.

                        Pls PM or email me if any one is interested as I donโ€™t check back this thread often. Thanks!

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better ๐Ÿ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 161
                        • 162
                        • 163
                        • 164
                        • 165
                        • 176
                        • 177
                        • 163 / 177
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        7

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy