Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Catholic High (Primary)

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
    1.9k Posts 150 Posters 683.8k Views 3 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • B Offline
      Blessedmum
      last edited by

      morriselma:
      my P1 son came home today to tell his mother he was punched in the chest and had his hair pulled after he picked up a ball in the parade square during his recess break. we taught him that if ever he got into such things, to tell them to stop. according to him, he did say stop, but he had to make a run for it just for it to end.


      i'm trying to stay calm, but I need to ask what do you suggest I do? I tried calling the form teacher's hp today, but no answer. Can I just go to school and ask about it? please advice
      Hi, my P1 Ds likes to play soccer with the older boys..... today he picked up launguage that is not too nice like 'kana sai'... i asked him whom he learnt it from, he said when he kicked the ball, the older one commented that.... I didn't feel good of cos. I told him not to join them in future since he wasn't welcome, but he likes the game..... what to do:(

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • S Offline
        syshi
        last edited by

        This morning saw them playing… seems very rowdy… even when the ball rolled to the canteen, one of the boy just went there and kicked directly without bothering that a lot of people eating and walking in and out. Almost hit 1 boy and his mother…

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • O Offline
          ooptimizer
          last edited by

          That’s the behaviour of boys normally…

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • D Offline
            dreammom
            last edited by

            ooptimizer:
            That's the behaviour of boys normally...

            Yap...boys are all like dat...haiz...
            Just have to tell our own DS to be careful & protect themselves.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • S Offline
              syshi
              last edited by

              morriselma:
              my P1 son came home today to tell his mother he was punched in the chest and had his hair pulled after he picked up a ball in the parade square during his recess break. we taught him that if ever he got into such things, to tell them to stop. according to him, he did say stop, but he had to make a run for it just for it to end.


              i'm trying to stay calm, but I need to ask what do you suggest I do? I tried calling the form teacher's hp today, but no answer. Can I just go to school and ask about it? please advice
              So, any conclusion or follow up on your DS case?

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • D Offline
                dreammom
                last edited by

                Gong Xi Fa Cai!

                Hope everyone have an wonderful holiday! :lol:

                Received an letter today asking to enrol DS to violin.
                Is this consider as an invitation to join String as an CCA?
                If I enrol DS in, wat if he is not consider as \"talented violinist\" & not appointed to join the school team?

                Can anyone enlighten me on this pls? many thanks!

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • S Offline
                  syshi
                  last edited by

                  If really invited should be consider as talented… Go for it.

                  My DS returned the choir form on 19Jan and stated that will issue schedule by 26Jan. Till now no news hence I dropped mail to HOD CCA. Guess what? The form missing. And now the enrolment for choir closed already have to wait till April… Dunno where went wrong

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • J Offline
                    JonC
                    last edited by

                    Happy Lunar New Year

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • P Offline
                      pecalis
                      last edited by

                      syshi:
                      If really invited should be consider as talented... Go for it.

                      My DS returned the choir form on 19Jan and stated that will issue schedule by 26Jan. Till now no news hence I dropped mail to HOD CCA. Guess what? The form missing. And now the enrolment for choir closed already have to wait till April... Dunno where went wrong
                      My son also got into choir but only attended 1 sesson (he missed 3 before tt, due to late notice, camp and swimming heats) Teacher-in-charge called to explain tt they are training and preparing for SYF competition and so, new comers will only need to go from Apr onwards. We are perfectly fine with this arrangement 🙂

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • D Offline
                        dreammom
                        last edited by

                        syshi:
                        If really invited should be consider as talented... Go for it.

                        My DS returned the choir form on 19Jan and stated that will issue schedule by 26Jan. Till now no news hence I dropped mail to HOD CCA. Guess what? The form missing. And now the enrolment for choir closed already have to wait till April... Dunno where went wrong
                        Thx for the reply.
                        The letter really read like its an enrollment to a violin class and does not sounds anything like an invitation to join string as CCA??? 😐 Hence I'm very puzzled! I asked DS and he told me everyone in class got the letter?? Now I'm more confused!
                        I interpreted that this is just an extra violin class and they will then spot the talented ones from the class & thus invited them to the school team.
                        If this is the case then wats the point of enrolling?? I wonder?
                        Any advice from parents who have DS in string? Can give me some opinion?
                        Many thanks.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 32
                        • 33
                        • 34
                        • 35
                        • 36
                        • 191
                        • 192
                        • 34 / 192
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        6

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy