Maris Stella High
-
SPIES:
Lucky you.
cos we started speaking to them in mandarin since bb. have heard that they will pick up English very easily once they start school. Besides, cos my parents don't speak English, so don't wanna break their communication.
My inlaws are Malaysian (no Chinese background). My parents are Peranakan (no Chinese background). My Chinese is half past six (I came from a school whereby speaking chinese is 'uncool'!)
So only dear dh (who didnt have proper chinese education background) is the strongest in the language! But cos no one else spoke Mandarin - so our normal communication mode is English!!
So - now my ds really gotto buckle up liao! Otherwise, good luck to him and us!! :lol: -
Can someone advise if MSH are practising holistic assessment or normal assessment?
-
Hi. Do anyone know if the classroom seating arrangement is done by teachers or is it on a first come first get basis? My boy is very small built and shortest in his K2 class now. I am just concern he may end up on last row if seating arrangement is base on who gets to it first.
-
Namie, donโt worry about that. You can speak to the teacher about this during the Orientation. You will get to meet the Form Teacher at the end of the session to fill up some forms. And then on the 1st & 2nd day of Term 1, parents are allowed into the school. You can then talk to the teacher about it again.
-
Hi,
I have a P3 boy in MSH. I hardly post here because this looks more like a thread for the P1 parents or pre-P1 parents. And more importantly, very embarrassed to say that a lot of the questions posted here by the P1 or pre-P1 parents, I actually don't have the answers to them too. Eg. Qn on seating arrangements.... Qn on Holistic assessment or not..I have am quite clueless.
Come to think of it, the person whom I have the closest comm with from the school is the bus driver. I got quite a lot of calls from him coz I always mixed up ds's class schedule and didn't pick him up ontime.
I have to admit, I actually don't know the school that well. I just went to the Mid-Autumn festival celebration at the school last Friday and a very kind looking lady came over to hug my son. I'm terribly sorry to say that I didn't even know that she is Mrs Sim, the V-principal of the school until she walked away and I turned to ask ds who she is. :oops: -
Has any parents gone ahead to buy uniforms for your sons or are all of us waiting for orientation day so that we can get the "total package" feeling of our children entering P1?
-
Namie:
Has any parents gone ahead to buy uniforms for your sons or are all of us waiting for orientation day so that we can get the \"total package\" feeling of our children entering P1?
hi my son will be P1 at MS next year too...don think we need to purchase anything yet until we receive the orientation letter from the school(from their website orientation letter of 2009,seem we might receive it end of october)the letter will tell us what and where to purchase those stuffs... -
My colleagues whose daughter will be entering Aitong next year, told me that all the P1s entering Aitong have been attending Hanyu Pinyin class at Aitong since last week.
-
Little Precious:
Hi,hi kkgb
both my hubby and i were rejected as pv
good luck to you.
When was this PV application for? Both myself and my wife applied earlier this year, however have not heard the results of it yet.
Was wondering when we will be informed. -
Namie:
My colleagues whose daughter will be entering Aitong next year, told me that all the P1s entering Aitong have been attending Hanyu Pinyin class at Aitong since last week.
This is getting me worried... I placed my son in Berries' pre-P1 Hanyu Pinyin class. His HYPY is still very koyak...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better ๐
Register Login