Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Thermal pot

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Tuckshop
    578 Posts 93 Posters 379.0k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • phtthpP Offline
      phtthp
      last edited by

      hi Maid,


      did newspaper mention which branch of Shop and Save ? TIA ! πŸ˜‚

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • corneyAmberC Offline
        corneyAmber
        last edited by

        Giant’s House Brand 5L Thermal Pot is being sold for $38.99. Value for money for those of you who need the bigger pot.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • H Offline
          Happy Mama
          last edited by

          Maid:
          Giant's House Brand 5L Thermal Pot is being sold for $38.99. Value for money for those of you who need the bigger pot.

          Wow! That's a steal. πŸ˜‰

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • corneyAmberC Offline
            corneyAmber
            last edited by

            Happy Mama:
            Wow! That's a steal. πŸ˜‰

            Definitely! The poster mentioned that the usual price is $60+.

            Oh BTW, the next part is not meant for you, but I am sure it will be the next question to be posted by others. πŸ˜‰

            I saw it at Giant Parkway Parade tonight.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • B Offline
              b2b3m4
              last edited by

              SAHM_TAN:
              Am asking a silly question. Does the size of pot matter? I saw that OG is having a special on the Zojirushi 8L. We are a family of 6, not sure if it's too big for us. If the pot is big, it just means that takes longer to heat it and takes up space? It should not affect the quality of the food right if I'm cooking less than capacity? TIA

              SIze definitely matters. When using thermal pot, the contents must be at least half full. 3.4 full will be ideal. Leaving empty space in the pot do not allow the food to continue to cook effectively as too much heat will be lost.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • S Offline
                SAHM_TAN
                last edited by

                b2b3m4:

                SIze definitely matters. When using thermal pot, the contents must be at least half full. 3.4 full will be ideal. Leaving empty space in the pot do not allow the food to continue to cook effectively as too much heat will be lost.
                Thanks much for the advice.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • M Offline
                  Mrsbongz
                  last edited by

                  Recently the weather has been cool, so I'm using my thermal to proof my breads πŸ˜„ very effective

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • D Offline
                    dasalo
                    last edited by

                    Mrsbongz:
                    Recently the weather has been cool, so I'm using my thermal to proof my breads πŸ˜„ very effective

                    That's a fantastic idea! Why didn't I think of that?

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • P Offline
                      pacetone
                      last edited by

                      I just stumble into this site recently and I must say, what a great place this is! With all the 50 pages praising about thermal pot, I must definitely get one to try. I’m so looking forward to the promotion of $18.99 or $19.99 sale with the 2.5 litres pot. When the next sale is up, please inform and I will run to the store to get.


                      Thanks all!

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • P Offline
                        prata_queen
                        last edited by

                        Hi all,


                        Long time since my last post.

                        Just a word of caution. There is a difference between those that cost a few hundreds vs those that cost less than maybe $100.

                        Firstly, the innerpot of the cheaper version will get scratched easily. The innerpot is also lighter and made of thin metal. The tiger thermal pot, the inner layer, that I bought from Takashimaya, made in Japan, is heavy, and can be a challenge to wash (one disadvantage). But it has been well-used every weekday and though it is scrubbed well, it is not scratched. The cover is also glass/acrylic & god forbid that I crack it.

                        Secondly, the insulation ie the outer layer differs too. The more costly thermal pot will naturally keep the inner pot warm longer while the cheaper one may retain heat for fewer hours. I had a free Endo smaller thermal pot that was a free gift with the bigger Tiger pot. I hardly use it after the first few times because it is now scratched, and I find it doesnt retain heat as well.

                        One way to get around this would be to use a Correlle bowl to β€˜steam’ the contents rather than place the food directly in the innerpot (if it already has been scratched). And the food can be heated up again at night before eating if it has already turned lukewarm.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 47
                        • 48
                        • 49
                        • 50
                        • 51
                        • 57
                        • 58
                        • 49 / 58
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        2

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy