Watch versus Car
-
FanFanX:
the first thing he/she does is to buy that $2000 watch to show off?Watch versus Car
Overheard a young graduate saying this: \"Since cars in Singapore are so expensive and I cannot afford one, I am buying a $2000 watch to show others that I am doing well.\"
Younger generation all think this way? I already find a $100 watch expensive. -
I am not keen in both items.
-
starlight1968sg:
I am not keen in both items.
for a young person fresh into work life, the MRT/bus is definitely cheaper.
as for a watch, he can still buy one but not one which costs $2K. -
janet_lee88:
If \"die-die\" must choose, I will select a car. :evil:starlight1968sg:
I am not keen in both items.
for a young person fresh into work life, the MRT/bus is definitely cheaper.
as for a watch, he can still buy one but not one which costs $2K. -
maintaining a car is expensive for a new graduate…road tax, petrol, season parking and servicing…of course he can zip around easily but he may not have savings. not to forget, parking fees.
-
janet_lee88:
Car ownership will show that one has made it. If cannot afford car, ownership of an expensive watch can do likewise.
the first thing he/she does is to buy that $2000 watch to show off?FanFanX:
Watch versus Car
Overheard a young graduate saying this: \"Since cars in Singapore are so expensive and I cannot afford one, I am buying a $2000 watch to show others that I am doing well.\"
Younger generation all think this way? I already find a $100 watch expensive. -
It’s really depending on what you think best fits you. You can wear a $20k Rolex watch but after the "show off" gathering, you take a mrt home.
On the contrary, you may be wearing a $100 citizen watch, but u own a car. -
isetan:
u r so right...It's really depending on what you think best fits you. You can wear a $20k Rolex watch but after the \"show off\" gathering, you take a mrt home.
On the contrary, you may be wearing a $100 citizen watch, but u own a car.
FanFanx: maybe that fella is working in some frontline sectors where appearance matters a lot? If it's just a computer engineer, he need not spend so much on a timepiece.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login