Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    DSA 2017

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Secondary Schools - Selection
    0 Posts 403 Posters 948.2k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • yap_susanY Offline
      yap_susan
      last edited by

      lee_yl:
      cool_hi:


      Anyone has info on what will be tested?? my gal is one of those selected to represent her school..
      totally clueless :scratchhead:

      Congrats. Guess something like...

      Honey Stars/ Koko Crunch = 早餐谷粮 ! 😂

      I believe your gal did come back with a sample.
      My son is also going for it.
      Very tricky!
      English passage, then mcq in Chinese. The answers are very close. We even argue about it! 😂

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • cool_hiC Offline
        cool_hi
        last edited by

        yap_susan:
        lee_yl:

        [quote=\"cool_hi\"]
        Anyone has info on what will be tested?? my gal is one of those selected to represent her school..
        totally clueless :scratchhead:

        Congrats. Guess something like...

        Honey Stars/ Koko Crunch = 早餐谷粮 ! 😂

        I believe your gal did come back with a sample.
        My son is also going for it.
        Very tricky!
        English passage, then mcq in Chinese. The answers are very close. We even argue about it! 😂[/quote]lee_yl,
        thanks!! It's just a good exposure+experience la...
        your example is so so cute!!
        & you are right!! involve something like translation:)

        Yap_susan,
        thanks for info..teacher did say will give the kids sample questions today,
        & also called me yesterday, to explain briefly on what to expect 🙂
        I think it is very interesting..as i need to do translation on off also:)

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • cool_hiC Offline
          cool_hi
          last edited by

          Mishasha:
          初赛(时长:1小时)


          This is what I found on one forum by PRC in Singapore.
          http://bbs.sgcn.com/thread-15956784-1-1.html
          Hi Mishasha,
          Thanks a lot for detailed info & link:)

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • lee_ylL Offline
            lee_yl
            last edited by

            yap_susan:
            lee_yl:

            [quote=\"cool_hi\"]
            Anyone has info on what will be tested?? my gal is one of those selected to represent her school..
            totally clueless :scratchhead:

            Congrats. Guess something like...

            Honey Stars/ Koko Crunch = 早餐谷粮 ! 😂

            I believe your gal did come back with a sample.
            My son is also going for it.
            Very tricky!
            English passage, then mcq in Chinese. The answers are very close. We even argue about it! 😂[/quote]Congrats to your DS! Have fun.

            No leh, in the first place, I do not think that my DD1's school even participated.

            DD1 is more of a maths and science person so I was looking at Science Olympiad but I think her school also did not take part as I couldn't find any link between her school and the SO organized by NUSH.
            🤷

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • lee_ylL Offline
              lee_yl
              last edited by

              yap_susan:
              lee_yl:

              [quote=\"cool_hi\"]
              Anyone has info on what will be tested?? my gal is one of those selected to represent her school..
              totally clueless :scratchhead:

              Congrats. Guess something like...

              Honey Stars/ Koko Crunch = 早餐谷粮 ! 😂

              I believe your gal did come back with a sample.
              My son is also going for it.
              Very tricky!
              English passage, then mcq in Chinese. The answers are very close. We even argue about it! 😂[/quote]Congrats to your DS! Have fun.

              No leh, in the first place, I do not think that my DD1's school even participated.

              DD1 is more of a maths and science person so I was looking at Science Olympiad but I think her school also did not take part as I couldn't find any link between her school and the SO organized by NUSH.
              🤷

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • Z Offline
                ziltransformer
                last edited by

                where can I find any template or reference to build the portfolio for DSA ?

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • Z Offline
                  ziltransformer
                  last edited by

                  where can I find any template or reference to build the portfolio for DSA ?

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • phtthpP Offline
                    phtthp
                    last edited by

                    Mishasha:
                    初赛(时长:1小时)


                    This is what I found on one forum by PRC in Singapore.
                    http://bbs.sgcn.com/thread-15956784-1-1.html
                    Hi Mishasha,

                    Thanks for the link detail.

                    The bilingual contest is open to students from both Sg and Malaysian schools, not just to Sg schools only ?

                    The Malaysian Chinese students' Chinese are very strong too

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • Z Offline
                      ziltransformer
                      last edited by

                      where can I find any template or reference to build the portfolio for DSA ?

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • phtthpP Offline
                        phtthp
                        last edited by

                        lee_yl:

                        Congrats to your DS! Have fun.

                        No leh, in the first place, I do not think that my DD1's school even participated.

                        DD1 is more of a maths and science person so I was looking at Science Olympiad but I think her school also did not take part as I couldn't find any link between her school and the SO organized by NUSH.
                        🤷
                        Not all primary schools participate in Sg Science Olympiad.

                        Only those schools who are strong in Science : then will send in school representatives, to participate.

                        You may call up the organiser for Science Olympiad (can google yourself) : find out if your daughter's school had participated, or not.

                        Ask :
                        is it every year participate, or not really, depending on the strength of those students in the group, participating, decided by the HOD Science in your school, whether that year want to send in or not ?

                        also, do you know what are the strength(s) or weakness of your daughter's school, against other primary schools in Sg, when it comes to competition, at inter-primary school level ?

                        think usually GEP schools + non-GEP schools (with boys) participate in SO, as boys tend to be strong in Science. But, this my own personal opinion (may be wrong)

                        (because schools won't want to send in representative every single year, year after year, batch after batch, but never win anything. Schools also want \"face\")

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1 / 1
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        4

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy