Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. barney
    3. Posts
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 3
    • Posts 132
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: [Pasir Ris] Primary Schools

      Hi


      I need some advice from the experts here. My first choice is actually Poi Ching, which is within 2 km but confirmed need to ballot.

      My 2nd choice is Elias Park Pri. I’m not sure if I should simply give up Poi Ching and go Elias Park to get a confirmed place. However, looking at the take up rate for Elias Park, with still 59 vacancies after day 2, I felt I may still stand a chance in 2C supplementary, should I fail in the Poi Ching ballot. Really at a loss now.

      What will you do if you were in my position? Any feedback/suggestions are welcomed. Thanks in advance!

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      barneyB
      barney
    • RE: [Pasir Ris] Primary Schools

      Hi Chief


      Agreed with your analysis but high chance for ballot between 1-2 km or even out of 2 km. I called up the school earlier to check, there were like 7 or 8 applicants out of the 2 km range so those within 1 km should be safe. What a great difference from the previous 2 years where balloting is required for those within 1 km. Too bad I’m out of 2 km…

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      barneyB
      barney
    • RE: [Pasir Ris] Primary Schools

      Hi


      Day 2 numbers are out, surprisingly Pasir Ris Pri still has vacancies. Anyone eyeing that school but have yet to register?

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      barneyB
      barney
    • RE: [Tampines] Primary Schools

      [quote]I registered for my child. Until 11.30am this morning the Q number was 160. At present, only children from within 1KM are being allowed to register.[/quote]
      Wow and St Hilda's has less than 50 vacancies available! It's so scary and no good, it'll definitely channel alot of applicants to Poi Ching....arghh :stupid:

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      barneyB
      barney
    • RE: [Tampines] Primary Schools

      Hi amylqf


      Congratulations on getting your kid into Poi Ching. You did PV or it's clan membership?

      I'll be registering my gal on the last day, hopefully at Poi Ching. Their take up rate this year is higher than last year with 30 lesser places this year, that's equivalent to 1 class. Hope not many within 1 km go for that school so that I stand a better chance.

      On a side note, Pasir Ris Pri has lower take up rate compared to last year due to lesser phase 1 applicants, however, I still don't stand a chance as I'm out of 2 km. 😢

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      barneyB
      barney
    • RE: [Tampines] Primary Schools

      oh ya, silly me. Thanks Red_Rhino for the advice, have already enquired from the school. Think this whole registration has really stressed out all parents with kids going P1 next year.

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      barneyB
      barney
    • RE: [Tampines] Primary Schools

      Hi


      Any parents register their child in Poi Ching today for phase 2B? Just want to gauge how’s the respond as I’ve heard from parents who went to RSS and Temasek Primary, there were almost 20-50 parents who have registered just in the morning itself.

      Please provide some updates as I can’t wait till end of tomorrow to see the remaining vacancies for Phase 2C.

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      barneyB
      barney
    • RE: [Pasir Ris] Primary Schools

      Hi karentyp


      Pasir Ris Primary in Phase 2C for the past 2 years require balloting within 1 km, hence if you stay of out 2 km from the school, you will not get a chance to even ballot.

      When you mention sending your gal in 2010 meaning you will be registering in 2009 right? Then you’ll be too late to offer PV for Pasir Ris Primary.

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      barneyB
      barney
    • RE: [Tampines] Primary Schools

      Hi


      I can only comment about the schools in Pasir Ris since I stay there too. In my opinion, you can give up Pasir Ris Primary as that school requires balloting in phase 2C for less than 1 km in both 2006 and 2007. Both Pasir Ris Primary and White Sands Primary are the much sort after schools in Pasir Ris.

      As for Red Swastika and GongShang, both will be out too as they also require balloting for less than 1 km in Phase 2C and both these schools have very high numbers of parent volunteers.

      Did you consider Elias Park Primary? If you are within 1 km of both Meridian and Park View, most likely you should be within 1 km of Elias Park also.

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      barneyB
      barney
    • RE: Q&A - P3 Math

      I was already getting nervous for my gal starting P1 next year, after reading all the maths questions here, think I’m already shaking.


      Something not related to this - family support. Haiz, just hope the daddy will be as committed as some of the daddies here with her school work. He always tell me not to stress the poor kid, let her enjoy her childhood. I need to drill into him times are different and most parents are doing something so your kid will not be able to catch up if you are NOT doing anything…worse, my MIL also say don’t stress. :twisted:

      Sorry, just need to let go… on a Friday somemore…

      posted in Primary 3
      barneyB
      barney
    • 1 / 1
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy