Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. betbet
    3. Posts
    B
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 0
    • Posts 13
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: School of Science and Technology

      Hi all


      My DS got a CO for SST. Would appreciate if anyone can provide further information and feedback for us to make an informed decision at end Oct when we have to submit the form.

      1. Heard that teachers cover the syllabus very very fast and students really have to be very independent, or require tuition outside, otherwise may have difficulty coping. Is that true?

      2. Read some earlier pages in this forum that there might be a problem where teachers keep changing. Is that the norm? Are their teachers supplied by MOE or they have to employ independently, or a mix? If mix, what would be the percentage of manpower supported by MOE?

      3. What is the class size per class? Heard it’s around 20+? Is that all the way til Sec 4?

      4. Heard of a number of ex-students getting into computer/gaming addiction, more risk because of the pervasive use of IT devices in the curriculum. How does the school help to keep this in control?

      5. I can’t seem to find info on their O-level results for the past years (except news on SST’s first batch of graduates). Anyone has these info, esp the most recent results?

      So sorry for the many questions. I’m still quite an "old-school" person, so I’m apprehension about such "future schools", but my son seems keen in taking up the offer, or to progress up in his current school (he has potential to score 240+ or more for PSLE to remain in Cat High, but then, we never know).

      posted in Secondary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      B
      betbet
    • RE: Catholic High (Primary)

      daylight:
      Hi


      I like to find out more about the choir and SPHERE. Any parents whose boys in these CCAs?

      Thanks.

      Sorry my reply here late. But in case you still need info, what would you like to know about Choir?

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      B
      betbet
    • RE: Catholic High (Primary)

      My boys (now in P2 and P3) didn’t go through any screening to be placed in any class. All the classes mixed abilities at P1, and P2 no change of class.


      They used to have best class etc when students go from P2 to P3, but even that has been scrapped. The P3’s now also mixed abilities. I think it will stay that way til P5.

      As for supplementary class, I not sure about this. But I think not so soon. P1 is quite a "relaxing" year.

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      B
      betbet
    • RE: Sportball?

      My kids joined their holiday programs before. They’ve got great coaches! We had a Sportball birthday party too when my DS1 was 6! Excellent! Really fun for all the kids!

      posted in Sports
      B
      betbet
    • RE: Catholic High (Primary)

      alie:
      PinkKimono:

      Hi,


      Just found out that my boy will be going to P3 Kindness next year. Is it still true that 3 Kindness is one of the 2 top classes?

      Thank you.

      Hi PinkKimono, my boy from 2 Charity to 3 kindness next year...might meet you in some of the activities next year...he also told me he was randomly allocated, but I remember just weeks ago he told me the teacher say there he can go to \"good\" class if he do well...come to think of it now, it could be encourage them to study hard...

      Hi PinkKimono and alie
      My boy also going to 3 kindness next year (fr 2 goodness). I am not very active in this forum, but glad to find you both here. See you next year. And Merry Christmas and happy New Year too.

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      B
      betbet
    • RE: Catholic High (Primary)

      Lam:
      Hi, I am a new user to this forum. My boy is going to P1 next year. We are facing some transportation issue as we are staying in tiong bahru. We have checked with the school bus n were told that the pick up time is 6 a.m. That's really too early. We are thinking of making taxi arrangement but no cabbie seems to be keen. I have read from this forum that there is someone staying at bukit merah area n will like to find out if you have resolved your transport issue.... Thank you

      Hi Lam
      I'm now in the same position as you were last year. My boy going P1 next year and we stay in Tiiong Bahru. May I know how you resolved your transport issue? School bus or taxi or car pool? How much do you pay? The school bus company have yet to get back to us on the transport costs or the timing.

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      B
      betbet
    • RE: Catholic High (Primary)

      potatowhiz:
      Hi,

      Any DS will be P1-Goodness next year?

      Hi
      Yes my DS will be in P1-Goodness next year. Are u the mummy or the daddy?

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      B
      betbet
    • RE: Comparing Chinese Enrichment (Primary/Preschool)

      Was wondering if anyone can comment on Chinese enrichment centres around Bishan area in terms of their teaching method, their teachers and effectiveness etc? My ds1 entering P1 soon, and ds2 will be in K2 next year. Around Bishan like quite a few, so don’t know which to choose, eg:

      - Berries (Bishan CPF Bldg)
      - Tien Hsia (Bishan CC at St 13)
      - Eduplus (Bishan St 11 as well as at St 22)
      - Xue Ni (Shunfu Rd) - though this seemed more inconvenient for us

      I saw on Eduplus website, they put up some videos of events they organised. Looks interesting, and if they really have these activities, would encourage children to like Chinese more. But would like a good balance of the more serious stuff too.

      What about these that is not too far and quite easy to access by MRT fr Bishan:
      - Hua (United Sq)
      - Han (they seemed to have quite a number of branches, eg YCK cc, AMK Hub, Toa Payoh West cc)
      - Skylace (Funan DigitaLife Mall)

      I visited Jiang, but I think the environment is a big minus to me, plus I think 3 hr class for my P1 boy too tiring and put him off even before he begins!

      posted in Chinese
      B
      betbet
    • RE: Stationery and School bags

      kiasu mummy:
      Hello maltbibi,


      Any idea what's the range of prices for SPI? Any idea when offer (discount @ $46)ends?

      Thanks!
      Newspaper today advertise Kinderfun $46 discount for school bags from today till 14 Aug.

      posted in Primary Schools - Academic Support
      B
      betbet
    • RE: Stationery and School bags

      sleepy:
      raisintan:

      Hi,


      Where to get deuter bags?

      I bought from OG.

      Also saw at Isetan & World of Sports


      Thank for info. I also interested. Can I know Isetan / World of Sports which branch?

      posted in Primary Schools - Academic Support
      B
      betbet
    • 1
    • 2
    • 1 / 2
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy