I used the onemap provided by MOE and realise that the distance from my home to the school is 2.04km… In this instance, will it be classify as within 2km since its a mere 0.04km?
Posts
-
RE: All About Measuring Home-School Distance
-
RE: River Valley Primary
Hi daddy2007
Sometimes taking bus no doubt may be easier, but if both parents are working and the only option is school bus, then we really do not have a choice… -
RE: River Valley Primary
Hi Kiasu Grandmaster
My main concern is primary one coz this is the period whereby they needed most attention and if the distance can be cut short by self chartering a bus, then it will be the most ideal. I heard from someone that for my area, the kids will be the first to get up the bus and last one to alight, so I am concern.
For P1, my guess is that there will be no need for enrichment class or cca, so timing can be better managed in terms of getting the private bus.
It is a thought, nothing concrete coz also need to find out the cost of it as I do not have any contacts on such private bus services. -
RE: River Valley Primary
Hi Parents
I am registering my daughter to RVPS this year. Will need school bus but I am concern about the time needed to travel to and fro the school. I am thinking of getting own private school bus to cater for those staying nearby and we can co-share it.
I am staying at Queenstown (Strathmore) area. If we can find enough people to who stay there,maybe we can pool together to find a private school bus?
Any suggestions or comments? -
RE: River Valley Primary
Hi all
I will be applying rvps under 2b as I have done the 40hrs pv… Will need school bus as well. Not too sure of their route and time needed to reach school as I stay at queenstown… Anyone can advise? And what is the fare for a 2way transport? -
RE: Using Relative's Address & Statutory Declaration
I have 2 questions… What if my whole family change the address to my parent’s address instead? 1) is this possible? 2) will this classify me as within 1 km from my desired school then? Coz caregiver at best can only be with 2 km
-
RE: River Valley Primary
Hi Parents
How do i check on the school bus availability from my house to RVPS?
Worried about the distance.
Thank you -
RE: River Valley Primary
Hi Parents
I am currently doing PV at RVPS. Daughter will be going thru registration this year for her P1 next year. Need advice on a few questions:
1) Heard that there is an influx of foreign students in recent years (indo / PRC, etc)?
2) Heard the emphasis now is very much academic instead of character building as I previously thought?
3) Chinese streaming starts at P1 already?
Basically why I choose RVPS is because I have always thought that they are emphasis a lot on character building instead of academic results. This to me is impt as I feel children should build a strong foundation on values.
Why i am concern about the influx of foreigners is because of the location of the school, the income range of these foreigners are generally much higher, and I am concern that it may create a situation whereby there will be unneccessary comparison of the child’s family background. One of my daughter’s classmate’s mother was sharing with me how her elder son (not in RVPS) having low esteem as his peers’ family background are all from rich families and they look down on him as they are hawkers.
Any advice from parents of RVPS?
Thank you