Zip lock bag is fine. If cannot find, use those transparent plastic bag which we get from NTUC fruits section. The main thing, the bag which store the stationery has to be transparent/see through.
Posts
-
RE: 2012 PSLE Discussions and Strategy
-
RE: 2012 PSLE Discussions and Strategy
Smile... stroke her head... tell him/her that you will love her NO MATTER WHAT. He/She needs that from you so that she will go in full of your love and your energy to face one of the most daunting challenges in his/her life so far. He/She WILL be careless. Just face it and love him/her anyway.
And then... after hugging and all that, tip her chin up towards you and say gently \"I know it is difficult but be very very careful of careless mistakes.\" It's too late to fix anything now. Send him/her in but give her courage and inside the exam hall, he/she will think of your smiling face and warm embrace... and he/she will do her best.[/quote]
:goodpost: I will do this on Thursday morning. Thank you! -
RE: 2012 PSLE Discussions and Strategy
Lilo, have your DD decided to opt for DSA or via PSLE?[/quote]
Isetan,
I have PM you....Lilo -
RE: 2012 PSLE Discussions and Strategy
balu_priya:
Would any parent care to share What is the most difficult 2011 prelim top school paper your C have come across? :thankyou:
I think you are referring to 2012 Prelim?
DD felt that Tao Nan English, Nanyang Math. However, she only focus on a few \"good\" schools (in her opinion good schools) and she flips through the paper to decide if she should do those papers. Hence, it may not be a good representative. -
RE: 2012 PSLE Discussions and Strategy
My DD has been sleeping at 9.30pm to 10pm. Wakes up at 6am on school days (Week end is about 7am-7.30am). I think its puberty and they feel tired n sleepy all the time.
-
RE: 2012 PSLE Discussions and Strategy
BeContented:
:hugs: and agree with you. DD has been very motivated for the past 3 weeks. She can't wait to \"chiong\" for the actual exam and we will be off for holiday the week after.Probably The kids are tired. DS also similar 3-4 weeks ago. Seem tired & want to sleep more than usual so I kinda go easy with him. This week he is counting down to exam.....he can't wait to start & get over it. But at the same time, DS now seem more motivated & will ask to set time for his studies (but say only. Eat snake here & there
). Actually I also xian Liao..... so just kept reminding him one more week & he can play play play. I'm sure our kids are keen to know how well they can do & trying hard, so i just remind DS now is the time, no point regretting afterwards.
:oops: For me, many MIL relatives 'watching' cos I am SAHM (ie. do nothing DIL). So for personal & selfish reason, I do hope he does well so that I won't kena 'suan' .... Esp I need to face MIL whole day long.....
MIL in hospital for minor fall, DD and I didn't visit coz scared of contracting virus and then fall sick on PSLE. Last wk end, boh bian have to do a quick visit, DD and I dashed in n out of hospital, came home changed and washed everything :evil: I hope MIL can understand how jialat it is for us PSLE mothers. I know what you mean by MIL relatives are \"watching\" :evil:
We just have to be faithful in our prayers. Jiayou! last few days liao! -
RE: DSA interview questions
My DD replied 2 n they asked why DSA the other sch. She said all girls sch n near home. The other 4 girls DSA the one at Scott's Rd. Maybe NY thinks ok lah 成全你啦! So they gave WL to my DD

-
RE: Cedar Girls New IP Programme Entry Requirement
Only 3 IP classes. Each class is 27 students. Express is 40 students per class.
-
RE: DSA 2012
so even if we hv the Cos and dont make the grade nearest to the sec schs COP then its as good as not being accepted, some yrs back i heard that if ur given a co, all u need is to sit for the psle n pass or just score 200 marks.
i know ppl who can make it thru sec 1 posting on their own but tried dsa just in case the child go blur during psle, some kids are really like that during normal exams missing a few pages. That does nt make the child academically weak but psle is all about results. So i guess anything can happen to the child if he is too stressed.[/quote]
Yeap people like me who tried DSA for DD with just in case kind of mentality and if receive CO then great, if not, just have to work hard for PSLE. DD didn’t do well during SA1 coz of flu and I ain’t gona take this risk in PSLE. Hence, it triggered me to apply for DSA for DD. -
RE: DSA 2012
Shalom:
Hi Shalom,Lilo:
My DD told me that she want to go Cedar girls but she had a place in SCGS which she do not wish to drop it too. She said that she will accept SCGS but if PSLE result turn out to be good, she will want to move to Cedar. She said she attend one week SCGS and ask for transfer to Cedar. Can she do in this way? Will SCGS allow?
But Cedar and SCGS, which one is better?
Please see FAQ 41 and 42 regarding DD going to SCGS for 1 week and then transfer to Cedar.
http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/admissions/dsa-sec/faqs/#withdraw-application
Cedar vs SCGS:
(without considering distance, school fees, uniform, infrastructure, location i.e. town or suburb)
My view is, it depends on DD's personality and what domain she DSA. If DSA via dance, SCGS is strong in dance. If DSA via sport, Cedar is strong in Track & Field. If DSA via academic, Cedar is proud to announce their success stories and 90 or 99% of O-levels enter JC (this was said during open house). Also, if DD is going to do MEP, I was told that Cedar has collaboration with TKGS for MEP. My feel is Cedar focus more on Sc & Technology (I may be wrong) since they are somehow affiliated with SUTD. Cedar also gives me the feel that it is like MGS of the east and more well known for their academic achievement as compared to SCGS (I may be wrong). These are just my views...so KSP pls don't :spank: me. Each of them has its own branding and it depends on what DD wants and what type of enviroment you want DD to grow up in.[/quote]
Hi Lilo, thanks for your clear explanation. My DD is under academic.
Now, headache, don't know whether want to accept SCGS or not. Look like Cedar is better.[/quote]
Lets go tea party tomorrow and find out more...I believe we may be asked to sign a form like VS.