Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. shine_fs
    3. Posts
    S
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 2
    • Posts 275
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: All About Full-Time Maids

      peapot:
      Shine, does yr maid still has the marks on her hands?

      Nope

      posted in Domestic Help
      S
      shine_fs
    • RE: All About Full-Time Maids

      Just to share my story of my new maid.


      She came to my house on 13/01/2012. 5 days later, when I reached home after work, she shown me her hands, is look like someone pinched. I asked her how she got the pinched marks, she replied dunno. I told her maybe when she do the housework and knocked and she kept saying no.

      I found abit weird, so I asked her what she wants me to do. She said, I just want to "highlight" to you cos I might carries virus which I dunno and might pass it to your sons. After hearing, I am very sure and confirmed that she made up the story herself by pinching her hands. Then she can go back to agent don’t want to look after my sons. I told her that will inform the agent.

      Next day, she told me can’t work and want to go back to agent. I called the agent and she got scolded by the agent. Strange, after scolding, she was happier and kept saying sorry to me and promised to work for my family. So, everything’s went smoothly during CNY.

      My worries finally arrived last evening, she told me again wanted to go back to the agent.

      Employing a maid is really by luck…

      posted in Domestic Help
      S
      shine_fs
    • RE: In-law problems?

      Angelight:
      Strparent, I know what you mean...but I personally feel that reunion dinner is only happy for family that is close and united. For those that always have tension or where members of the family do not like each other, reunion dinner can be a very uncomfortable and ardward occasion.

      It's like 364 days you all don't get along, then one day got to get together and eat and 'make small talk', or worse, some even ignore the others' presence...defeat the purpose of reunion right?

      Strparent:

      imho, just put all YOUR personal feelings aside on this occasion, enjoy the family reunion and give thanks for health, prosperity and the future.

      If every one give a little leeway, understand that this gathering is NOT about you, not about him, not about HER, etc... http://carrinekua.blogspot.com/2011/02/chinese-new-year-3rd-day-big-family.html in good health and to give thanks and appreciation to the seniors who have brought us up, similarly for the kids to appreciate us..... by smiling and hugging us when we give them those little red packets.

      A reunion dinner together symbolise more than just a meal, do not spoil it for yourself ( and others ) by bearing a grudge or showing contempt. Out of 365 days, surely one day is not too much to ask ?

      Happy New Year all.

      :goodpost:

      posted in Relationships
      S
      shine_fs
    • RE: 2012 P1 Registration Exercise for 2013 In-Take

      qms:
      shine_fs:

      1. Am staying slightly more then 2km from Radin Mas Primary School, should I ballot the school?


      Don't bother. You won't even get to participate in the balloting, so don't waste your P2C chance.
      shine_fs:
      2. Am staying far from Fairfield Pri, but my parents address is nearer to the Pri, should I ballot the school?
      If you are going by the caregiver route, don't bother to try because you will be in the 1-2 km category.
      shine_fs:
      3. There is one neighbourhood school next to my block, should I just register the school?
      You may like to consider this school.

      Hi qms,

      Thanks.

      But many parents complaint about the neighbourhood school.

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      S
      shine_fs
    • RE: CMA Math - Discussion

      my3darlings:
      janett:

      Hi, anyone send their kids to CMA Tiong Bahru? Which teacher is good and can pm me the referal details? Thanks


      Hi, I have pmed you.
      JT

      Hi,

      Just find out about this CMA and went to Tiong Bahru branch. Spoke to Janet.

      Still thinking whether to let my son learn or not.

      Let me know is this course good and which teacher you recom.

      Thanks

      posted in Mathematics
      S
      shine_fs
    • RE: 2012 P1 Registration Exercise for 2013 In-Take

      I will be registering my boy for primary one next year and we were rejected for PV from Fairfield Pri.


      I need some advice here…

      1. Am staying slightly more then 2km from Radin Mas Primary School, should I ballot the school?
      2. Am staying far from Fairfield Pri, but my parents address is nearer to the Pri, should I ballot the school?
      3. There is one neighbourhood school next to my block, should I just register the school?

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      S
      shine_fs
    • RE: Poll: How much is your maid getting now?

      24hr-mum:
      thats what i heard.

      Not true, my boss don't have maid allowance.

      posted in Domestic Help
      S
      shine_fs
    • RE: Total cost for maintaining a maid

      hypergatak:
      I am about to renew my maid, my first time, I thought I would save some $, but shocked to find out that not much savings here:-

      (a) airticket for her home leave $350 on budget airline(She insists on going back during Christmas period)
      (b) agency fees for handling her home leave $260
      (c) admin fees paid to philippines Embassy $120
      (d) her pay during her home leave of 2 weeks $200

      Sigh, we employers are the suckers! All the costs are on us!
      :yikes:

      posted in Domestic Help
      S
      shine_fs
    • RE: Total cost for maintaining a maid

      peapot:
      The whole package could set u back at about $3300+. plus agent fees $400(on average), insurance $270 and $35(medical). The agent pays nothing. So when they tell u they earn peanuts, u know they are lying!!!

      1st agency quote : Agent fee S$398, POEA S$300, Insurance S$321 and Course Fee S$80. Maid salary per mth S$400. Loan 7 mths.

      2nd agency quote : Agent fee S$688 incl POEA, Insurance S$247 and Course Fee.

      If you are looking for Indo maid, just take away the POEA portion.

      posted in Domestic Help
      S
      shine_fs
    • RE: Total cost for maintaining a maid

      Zhuge:
      Hi,


      I like to find out the total cost of maintaining a maid.
      After reading stories about Burmese maid, I only dare to get an Indonesian one. Heard the new salary is now $460 per month.
      In addition to that, need to provide her 3 meals every day.
      Is there any other costs that are needed?
      Please advise as I am totally new in this area..
      Thanks!
      I checked with two agencies, the Indo and Filip is now S$400.

      posted in Domestic Help
      S
      shine_fs
    • 1
    • 2
    • 3
    • 4
    • 5
    • 27
    • 28
    • 3 / 28
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy