Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. SydneyBB
    3. Posts
    S
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 0
    • Posts 51
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: 2016 PSLE Discussions (Born in 2004)

      Agree.

      Guess I’ll wait and see his CA results.
      Can’t control his usage of HP and computer in the afternoon, so only can hope he will be self-disciplined.

      posted in Primary 6 & PSLE
      S
      SydneyBB
    • RE: 2016 PSLE Discussions (Born in 2004)

      Oh My Gosh:
      I am a working mother. Even if I reached home on good days at 7pm+, DS will be sitting in front of the TV i.e. he has finished all his homework. Then by 930pm, he will be in bed. Since P1, he is independent in doing all his homework before I reached home, only asking me questions if he has difficulties. So it seems that his school has yet to \"beef up\" yet for PSLE? He is in the top class in a branded school so I am feeling a bit puzzled - unless his school is going slow first. Let's see...

      How I wish my DS will be like yours!
      I'm working too, hence he is at home alone most of the time till my hubby and I return about 7-8 pm.
      Think he waits till we are about to come home bef he does his hwk, hence no time for me to give him more. Difficult to monitor him while working. Call or text him in the afternoon, he will say he is going to start doing hwk. Now, he doesn't even want me to look at his hwk or bag. He says no complain from teacher, means he is ok! Oh dear!
      My hubby asks me to \"let go\" and let my boy manage, but it is P6 year, can I? So far his result is ok but if I let go, worried it will drop.

      posted in Primary 6 & PSLE
      S
      SydneyBB
    • RE: 2016 PSLE Discussions (Born in 2004)

      Same here. My DS has quite a bit of homework this week and CL teacher giving ‘ting xie’ ‘mo xie’ twice a week! How to remember? I think my son will learn but forget the next week. He didn’t even want to learn his Chinese tuition ‘ting xie’.

      Sigh! Don’t know whether he will be stressed out by SA1. I don’t dare to ask him to do any of my assessments bk.

      posted in Primary 6 & PSLE
      S
      SydneyBB
    • RE: DSA 2016

      Thanks metz2.

      Very helpful info.
      Going thru DSA sounds tedious for both parents n child while preparing for PSLE.
      Think I should zoom down to only 2 or max 3 sch for him to try.

      posted in Secondary Schools - Selection
      S
      SydneyBB
    • RE: DSA 2016

      Thank CMF.

      posted in Secondary Schools - Selection
      S
      SydneyBB
    • RE: DSA 2016

      Thanks Ender and CMF.

      Do I ask for testimonial from form teacher and CCA teacher now? Is it necessary? Does it help?
      His CCA is nothing to boast about, though a leader in a club, so I should try DSA academic?
      He has some distinctions in ICAS Sci, Maths but only sliver in Maths Olympiad, what’s the chances?
      I’m looking at ACSI, NUSH, DHS.
      RI and HCI - low chance for him?

      posted in Secondary Schools - Selection
      S
      SydneyBB
    • RE: Comparing Science Enrichment Programs

      [quote]
      Hi SydneyBB,
      Did your DS improve?
      My DS hates tuition but his results is getting worse. He cannot sit still for long, hates drilling.
      He loved Sci in P3 but now doesn't want to read or do.[/quote]Hi Shopping mum,

      My DS did improved. I hope he can maintain at around 90s (or even better :xedfingers: ) esp he is in P6 this year.
      I feel Sci tuition is quite necessary as his sch does not provide much lessons or notes.
      He is able to learn more info/details with diff examples.
      He loves Sci, watches a lot of science documentary shows but he has no focus on which topics to study for sch exam. So the tuition comes in handy here.
      Maybe you can let your Ds try out esp beginning of the year, they will have more experiments. Tell him there are experiments to \"play\". Don't wait till near exam period, the tuition will drill the students on exams questions. By then, hopefully, your DS is happy there already.
      All the best!

      posted in Science
      S
      SydneyBB
    • RE: DSA 2016

      Do we have to inform the primary sch if we want to DSA?

      How to start preparing?
      My DS P6 this year.

      posted in Secondary Schools - Selection
      S
      SydneyBB
    • RE: 2016 PSLE Discussions (Born in 2004)

      My DS starts to have sch hwk yesterday.

      Can’t seem to have time to do revision with him when I reach home about 7+pm. He was still doing his hwk slowly (few pages of Eng). His momentum seems to slow down during the hols.

      posted in Primary 6 & PSLE
      S
      SydneyBB
    • RE: DSA 2016

      Thank you, CMF.

      posted in Secondary Schools - Selection
      S
      SydneyBB
    • 1
    • 2
    • 3
    • 4
    • 5
    • 6
    • 2 / 6
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy