Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. vividlaurel
    3. Posts
    V
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 6
    • Posts 606
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: P1 Preparation for parents of mutliples

      VVJJ:
      Hi Vividlaurel,


      dun be shocked!! I've 2 gals as well.. total 4 kids.. my eldest gal is sitting for PSLE this yr.. 2nd gal in P3 πŸ˜„

      I'm still considering school for my boys.. wanted to put them to Maris Stella but i have rec'd many feedbacks fm my friends that since my boys can't really understand Chinese, i should reconsider another school..

      What's ur view?
      Wow VVJ!

      How do you manage??? :? With just these two I am exhausted all the time. I just can't imagine 2 more kids - one in P6 too this year!

      Ok, its confession time, I'm not a Singaporean and so I don't know the school system here. But if your boys are not that fluent in Chinese and if Maris Stella is a SAP School, then maybe you should reconsider putting them there. Isn't there any other good school nearby? Also do your girls go to a girls school?

      Vividlaurel

      posted in Primary Schools - Academic Support
      V
      vividlaurel
    • RE: P1 Preparation for parents of mutliples

      VVJJ:
      Hi, I'm a newbie here.. found the site by chance πŸ˜„ and i must say it's a useful site!!


      I've a twin boys too.. going to P1 next yr.. hyperactive and refuse to learn anything. Elder is smart but tends to forget fast too. Younger one is slow. I'm having problems coaching them given that they have short attention span. In addition, think they do not know the seriousness of \"study\". I'm also getting worried cos most kids by their age should be able to read/write..

      Have enrolled them for english/chinese/maths extra classes. Now crossing my fingers that they will be able to at least grasp something fm these lessons...
      Hi VVJJ,

      Welcome here! Guess there are quite a few twins who will be in P1 next year! Some of your problems are quite similar to me, maybe we should exchange notes!

      Which school are you looking at?

      posted in Primary Schools - Academic Support
      V
      vividlaurel
    • RE: P1 Preparation for parents of mutliples

      Imp75:
      twins of 2.5 yrs old + 1 singleton of 4.5yrs old.

      Wow Imp75, they must all be a handful! All boys?? :lol:

      posted in Primary Schools - Academic Support
      V
      vividlaurel
    • RE: P1 Preparation for parents of mutliples

      Imp75:
      Hi all Multiple Mummies


      How do you \"teach\" your multiples when they were much younger, say 2 yrs old? Do you have issues on their concentration span or motor skills?
      Hi Imp75,

      At around the age of 2, my kids had an attention span of just few minutes (max would be 10 mins). So I would try to teach them all the time. Like if we are going somewhere, show them say a bus and say bus starts with the letter B. Or say if car is parked in carpark C, then ask for something else that starts with the letter.

      Do you have twins/triplets?

      Vividlaurel

      posted in Primary Schools - Academic Support
      V
      vividlaurel
    • RE: P1 Preparation for parents of mutliples

      Hi Nonkiasu and Twins,


      It’s lovely to see that there are quite a few of here, with twins of the same age.

      Twins, I also have the same problem as you - my son who picks up things fast, will try and coach his sister, who needs time to do her work, it’s very frustrating I know!

      Since we live in Bukit Panjang, I am planning on Beacon Primary for my two.

      Vividlaurel

      posted in Primary Schools - Academic Support
      V
      vividlaurel
    • RE: P1 Preparation for parents of mutliples

      mmpiglet:
      Hi Vividlaurel,


      I have twin sons who will be in P1 next year. I am also having a hard time preparing them for P1. So far they have maths, chinese and reading enrichment classes.

      Both of them are different when it comes to studies. My elder boy hates doing homework whilst the younger one is ok with it. They were born in December, thus they are quite slow compared to their peers. I am not able to make them study at the same time, so I will do work with them one at a time but only a very short period of time as they have short attention spans.
      Hi mmpiglet,

      Yes for me too, both are different. My son, although he picks up things very fast and has a good memory, just hates to write. He will make all sorts of excuses to avoid writing and if forced to write, will write shabbily. My daughter on the other hand needs more time to get things in her head. Also since she is a lefty, her sense of perception is a bit distorted and she often writes things from right to left instead of the usual left to write, so I need to sit with her.

      Since I am working full time, I am not able to spend as much time with them as I would like to. Do you have any hints that you can share? We can share ideas since both of us are essentially in the same place.

      posted in Primary Schools - Academic Support
      V
      vividlaurel
    • RE: Mummy twins: Greetings everyone!

      schellen:
      vividlaurel, don't worry, you are not alone. I only send my girl to ballet and piano, both she asked for and enjoy. She also attended speech and drama lessons in English when she was in K2 but that was cos it was offered in the childcare she was at. So we agreed since she's keen and it's convenient. Other than that, nothing else...unless you count the adhoc lessons from Mommy. πŸ˜‰

      Thanks schellen, it's heartening to see that I am not alone! Like I said the otherwise ad-hoc lessons from Mummy will now have to be more regular... :idea:

      posted in Newbies & Clubs
      V
      vividlaurel
    • RE: Mummy twins: Greetings everyone!

      jedamum:

      and for some kids that do go for enrichment classes, they do have their fair share of playtime.
      all play and no work and then later on having to play catching up...that will really spoil childhood, wouldn't it?
      Jedamum, I totally agree with you. I wanted my children to enjoy the kind of childhood that I had, which is why other than Kumon for maths for them from this month and Ballet for my girl, they have not gone for any enrichment classes. But after going through the posts about preparing for P1 and also seeing how much further their peers are in reading and maths, there are times when I doubt if my decision was the right one.

      Well c'est la vie and there's no point in worrying about it now. Guess I'll just have to increase the pace now in K2 and think they've had fun for close to 6 years and now's the time to study!

      posted in Newbies & Clubs
      V
      vividlaurel
    • RE: Mummy twins: Greetings everyone!

      Twins:
      Hi vividlaurel


      We live in Marine Parade and I'm considering Tao Nan (phase 2C) and Ngee Ann Primary. I'm undecided on Tao Nan cos I have heard stories of the amount of stress both kids and parents go thru due to the high standards of the school....and wonder if I am \"spoiling my boys' childhood\" by putting them thru this. Of cos, there's also no guarantee we'll get the school cos most probably it will be balloting for Phase 2C.
      Sigh....decisions, decisions... :?


      Twins
      I know the feeling! 😒 That was the only reason I decided to be a PV, wanted to get the stress of balloting out of the way. Now if I can find some way to finish my 40 hours, I'll be relieved.

      Yes, Chief, twins get a single (or double) chance - they are treated as one and this was something I didn't know before (and worried my head out about a scenario where one gets in and the other doesn't - imagine 2 schools - sure shot receipe to go mad!)

      Well I believe that children are resilient and if you feel that your children, and most importantly you can cope with the school, then by all means go ahead with Tao Nan. Remember you can only register in one school during Phase 2C and if you have registered in one school and then want the other, you need to withdraw from school 1 and go to school 2 to register. As for 'spoiling the childhood', I wonder if in Singapore, there are any children left, particularly in K1 and K2 who even have a childhood anymore, what with kindergarten and enrichment classes! 😞

      posted in Newbies & Clubs
      V
      vividlaurel
    • RE: Mummy twins: Greetings everyone!

      Hi Mummytwins,


      Yes, first and only kids! Two boys! They must be a handful. So how are you managing with them? In fact I just posted a message about how to manage twins and prepare them for P1. Looks like I have a long way to go before they are ready.

      Since we live in Bukit Panjang, I am looking at the new school Beacon Primary. What about you? Which schools are you looking at?

      Twins:
      Hi vividlaurel

      Mine are fraternal - both boys. Are yours the first 2 children? What have you in mind for choice of your kids' school?

      Nice to meet you and thanks for the warm welcome!

      posted in Newbies & Clubs
      V
      vividlaurel
    • 1 / 1
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy