Yes. Been there with preschoolers 2 years ago. It’ll be more meaningful if the children knows the story behind the theme park to appreciate the exhibitions. It is near a beach & u can spend a whole day at ma wan
Posts
-
RE: Travel: China - Hong Kong
-
RE: Preschool Curriculum
Champion:
My son problem is 笔画rather than hypy. He's left-handed so I find it difficult to teach him. He may get fullmarks for 听写but wrong strokes & anyhow \"draw\" acc to shape of wordWan:
Presch emphasize on phonics which enable pri sch children to spell words based on phonetic pronunciation.
Yes, do agree that phonics helps in the spelling part for the kids
Wan:
Absolutely hands-up for this part! :rahrah: :rahrah:For hypy, it is not difficult to pick up in P1 except the 标点符号. If the child speaks Mandarin, not difficult to pick up at P1 term 1
My P1 DD2 is very weak with HYPY and every week learning HYPY 听写 is a nightmare for both of us!

-
RE: Preschool Curriculum
Presch emphasize on phonics which enable pri sch children to spell words based on phonetic pronunciation. For hypy, it is not difficult to pick up in P1 except the 标点符号. If the child speaks Mandarin, not difficult to pick up at P1 term 1
-
RE: Teaching Chinese at Home
jenao,
If u know which are the words from book 1 that ur DS kept forgetting, suggest u pick up those word cards to play with, or find other books or use 故事集bk8 with these words to reinforce the meaning. I don’t think have to strictly follow the sequence. I also use Bk7 to find words with same 部首& explain the rationale of 象形文字bcos my son is a visual learner. I’m teaching a P1 & K1 using 四五快读,but they learn differently. Need to adapt to situation bah -
RE: help....wife is earning much more than me
Joule,
Congrats bcos…
1. Ur wife loves u for who u r, ur charm, personality, looks, macho…
2. U can pursue ur dreams without worrying abt being the breadwinner, so go for further studies or start ur own biz…
3. U pay less income tax for same combined household income as working mum gets more tax relief
Mb there r more good things to celebrate. Have a great dragon year ahead! -
RE: Teaching Chinese at Home
LNHQ,
Dep on his Chinese standard, it would be quite boring to read四五快读bk 1 at P1. That happened to my son so I bought the 故事集Bk 8 & ask him to read a paragraph ea wk. Then we revise the words he can’t recognize. That’s how I gauge the standard. At P1, he is expected to write Chinese words ardy. So I use white board to go thru 笔画with him & explain sentence structure & 部首. If possible, ask him to 造句in another real life context. I think the series is still relevant but can’t go thru from bk1-6 sequentially. Adapt to the situation & child’s level.
I bot mine from forum dangdang spree 2 yrs ago. I think there are more choices, if u dun mind paying more, can buy from popular. I bot my bk8 from another nice mummy on forum who was willing to sell me 1 Bk cos I ardy had the earlier b&w series. Hope this helps! -
RE: Teaching Chinese at Home
xueyan,
The series use repetition to reinforce word recognition & build up vocab along the way, like Peter & Jane does to English. If ur child have been reading Chinese, can jump start based on his level, not necessary to start from 山、高高的山…subsequent books also have these words but sentences are more meaningful.
I always think CNY is the best time to teach Chinese bcos there are Chinese words everywhere on 春联& decorations & angpaos. I believe in bringing learning to life beyond books so that the child can see the relevance & motivated to learn. Have fun! -
RE: Teaching Chinese at Home
Xueyan,
This is the recommendation from sage http://www.sagebooks.com.hk/en_download.php?id=3
IMO, dep whether ur son can converse in mandarin. It can be quite mundane for children who already can speak mandarin well bcos each page only have one word 山
I only use it for reinforce word recognition bcos the sentence structure is quite simple. I bought some sage books & realize my 4yo not interested. So I download the apps & let her scroll up & down to \"revise\" the words. Find 四五快读works better for her. I think it is trial & error no right or wrong way for each child -
RE: Tots House vs PCF???
I think pcf standards varies from centre to centre. So need to recce the one near ur place. My son has graduated from pcf & my girl is now in K1. The transition from K2 to P1 was quite smooth (touchwood). Hypy is not encouraged at pre sch bcos children may confuse with phonics. So focus on Chinese word recognition 1st b4 they learn hypy in P1
-
RE: North Vista Primary
I’ve been receiving constant email feedback & clarifications from my son’s class form teacher since sch starts. Positive so far. I guess parents have to do our part & work closely with the teachers to achieve Reggio objectives. Principal can talk & boast but teacher is the one directly affecting the child’s learning. Looking forward to the upcoming teacher parent conference.