Thanks. I placed order on orientation day for collection 2 wks later. Orientation is answering test paper for kids & listening to talks for parents. Tried out the food from bistro as it was pouring so can’t go home…
Posts
-
RE: North Vista Primary
-
RE: Teaching Chinese at Home
Hi Tamarind,
R ur children taking higher Chinese in pri sch? My K2 son just attended his p1 orientation & was put thru a mini test. After his test, he confessed he can’t answer all the Chinese questions. I went thru the booklist & realized the textbook is higher Chinese. My question- is there vast diff in standard between higher & normal Chinese? I’m afraid he will be put off if the standard is too high. He is only at 四五快读Bk 2. Need to restart Bk 3 this hol. Any advise? -
RE: Cruise - royal caribbean
Talking about service standards, the details did leave an impression, esp on kids. My kids love the rabbit & different other napkin folding designs. We were served by the same Caucasian waiter at fine dining every evening (yes, fine dining everyday bcos the other buffet line was not inspiring except u get pizza & chicken wings round the clock). Can’t find this level of service standard anywhere in Singapore. I’m only referring to legends of the sea. Shall try Alaska cruise when kids r older!
-
RE: North Vista Primary
Need to pre order from pacific website? Or can buy books from popular?
-
RE: Little Designers @ Kovan
Hi, just signed up my 2 kids for sun class after trial class. Children happy with the art room setting. Only complaint was no lift to 4th storey. Guess it’s good exercise for them (& me). C u around!
-
RE: North Vista Primary
They called my hb too but told sch I will be out of town this wk. They said as long as done b4 12nov orientation is fine. Mb miscomm somewhere bah. Guess they r scrambling bcos 1st year trying online registration. System
not in place yet -
RE: Entrepreneur class for children?
Agree. He just "exchanged" his drawing with a craft by a classmate yesterday. He told me it is valued at $2.
-
RE: Entrepreneur class for children?
My son PCF K2’s theme this term is entrepreneurship. I think they r trying to equip them with the thinking skills (base cost, pricing, profit & lost) at a young age. My son made some clay art to sell at open house in nov. Not a bad idea to instill some $ sense/ value of $ in them
-
RE: North Vista Primary
They recommend to buy from sch if buying bcos got after sales service & interface. If don’t buy can use IT lab’s macintosh
-
RE: 四五快读 Methods
dimsum:
must children finish all 6 books to read 故事集?Wan:
Anyone bought 四五快读故事集,the 8th book of the new edition, I think? Is it useful to supplement or any other Chinese books as good? Thanks
I bought it. Personally, I like it. A good reader to reinforce/refresh the characters learned in the previous 6 books and learn new characters.
my 6yo son is stuck at book 3 & I'm planning to starting my 4yo girl soon to motivate the brother. I bought a P1 Chinese book & realised the diff in standard between china & Singapore . Not aiming children for HCL, just hope they can enjoy sch without tution in pri sch