Laser printer to recommend
-
catherineq:
Depends - each \"want to have\" feature adds a little more to the price of the printer.I bought ink jet before and inks won't last long. Due to cost reason I would like to get a laser printer instead.
Any brand with quality and low running cost to recommend? Plus IT
Show is coming, any good deals?
Thanks!
Considerations to selection:
Double sided printing
document scanner option (called AIO or all-in-one printer)
wi-fi (or network printer) - to allow printer sharing and printing via internet
colour printing
cost of colour and b/w toner cartridges. Colour is for projects and the prints are always better than ink.
You can try Brother, OKI or Xerox-brand LED Laser printers with the above features. These printers use less power and less moving parts to print.
Go to the above printer's websites and see which model has the features you want, and note the retail price. when the show comes, see if any vendor has the printer you want, and bargain!
And even if you don't use your printer for a month, turn it on, and print a full document, or a picture, on A4 to loosen the toner powder. -
Yeah, I agree that ink jet printers are not that durable and the ink catridges dry up. I have switched to a colour laser printer from Samsung with wifi. That didn't last too long either (about a year plus) and problems started cropping up - smudges and the wifi kept dropping.
Eventually, I replaced it with a colour laser printer from HP. Has lasted me about two years and still going strong. The model is HP LaserJet Pro CP1025nw. The retail price is $339 only. What I like about it is this:-
(1) clear, logical and detailed instruction manual (important for setting up unlike the Samsung manual which was confusing and incomplete);
(2) network connectivity via LAN and wifi (this printer is shared and used by everyone at home via my home network) - leave it on standby mode and the printer will auto switch on whenever anyone presses print on their PC/laptop and then goes back to sleep if left idle for a while;
(3) uses separate colour catridges and B&W catridge - no wastage as you simply change the individual catridge that runs out;
(4) small form factor - (W x D x H): 399.6 x 402.1 x 251.5 mm;
(5) print quality is good - no smudges and resolution is professional looking;
(6) double-sided printing but manual i.e. it prints odd pages and you got to flip the printed stack yourself for it to print on the even pages.
This printer has served me well thus far. I have no complaints about it. No paper jam, etc and works as expected. At $339, I find that it is cheap for a colour laser printer with LAN/wifi connection.
-
I second Whizzard's recommendation - I have a HP LaserPro workhorse that has not missed a beat in 4 years of daily use.
If you want to go lower down the price ladder you can consider Samsung or Brother which are pretty feature-packed.

Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better π
Register Login