Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. kiasuFoo
    3. Posts
    K
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 0
    • Posts 48
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: 2013 PSLE Discussions and Strategy

      PSLE Results releasing tmr… My DD dreamt of her results being 315/355 (impossible). My DH is the most ganchiong

      posted in Primary 6 & PSLE
      K
      kiasuFoo
    • RE: 2014 PSLE Discussions and Strategy

      HappieNewbie123:
      kiasuFoo:

      [quote=\"33mama\"]

      My DD's Chinese grade had also dropped a lot and seems it's difficult to come up... :nailbite:
      It's not too early to start.. in fact I would think it's late.... cos language requires some time and effort to move up and takes no effort at all to drop!!!! :imdrowning:

      I am a mother of 3 children. The first one already entered his secondary school phrase, the second just finish her psle, the third taking his next year :frustrated: Tiring :faint: my first two's chinese havent been up to standard especially my first ds. His chinese standard is near failing when he was P6. Still remember that year searching for tutor high and low :?: but finally came across one of the better ones. After trying for a mth, I immediately :siam: from the chinese tuition centre and put all my hope on the tutor. (Like I taking psle instead of my child) She is quite experienced and very understandable. My second and third are still having her as their chinese tutor. My first got his psle result that year and recieved an A for chinese. Miracle really happened thankfully. My dd's prelim got an A* for chinese and Merit for HCL. Kiasu mum here is hoping for A* and distinction when the psle results are out. You can pm me for her contacts and more information. Good tutors must be known, experienced mum here knows the anxiety every parent is going through now.

      Thanks kiasuFoo for your help. I've got into contact with her and today was my dd's first lesson. It was satisfying and my dd seems to like her.[/quote]Ur welcome. Pm me if you have any query. For those asking for EL and science tutors, so far I havent meet any impressive ones. This is a note from my DS1: To all parents, as a secondary school student, I would like to give some advice on how to manage time especially during this stress period of time. Besides time taken up for normal school hours and additional tuitions and supplementary lessons, the time left for most is more or less taken up for school and tuition homework. Some have more time for additional self practices and music classes. Looking back, I have no idea how I coped with psle a few years back 🤷 It seems rather unfamiliar to most and will be nervous to take the first national examination. Do give encouragements whenever possible. Always sleep early and dont stay up late to burn midnight oil. :snooze: Believe me, it doesnt work well this way. I will suggest that by buying the quick revision handbook(a small one, green for sci, blue for eng. eph) for science and english is helpful. Read it during recess time, break time, in the toilet, beside bed time, on the way to school(if travel by public transport/car). It will help to recap main points of the topics. If your child has a certain interest, for example a parent mentioned about Chemistry, its good to know that the child has something that aids in and occupy the relaxation time. Do not always chiong chiong chiong at the last minute. Always take time to reflect on ur performance. All the best!

      posted in Primary 6 & PSLE
      K
      kiasuFoo
    • RE: 2014 PSLE Discussions and Strategy

      Looks like we are all ready to gear up our engines for psle hehe

      posted in Primary 6 & PSLE
      K
      kiasuFoo
    • RE: Dunman High School (Junior High)

      Augmum:
      kiasuFoo:

      May I know more about the Year Two streaming system? If a student has gotten 2.4 for his gpa and C for language arts will he be streamed to 3A express? Also, What is the max year two's gpa of the o-level class these few years? thanks.


      From the student handbook, the promo criteria is stated as GPA of 2.4 and above and with a pass in LA...
      So shdnt be streamed to 3A...

      I have no idea of the highest GPA of 3A students...

      Are u a current student or a concerned parent enquiring for yr P6 child ?

      Thanks for your reply. I am a parent of a P6 girl. I am interested to know more about dhs as my dd wants to get into dunman high school.

      posted in Secondary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      K
      kiasuFoo
    • RE: Dunman High School (Junior High)

      May I know more about the Year Two streaming system? If a student has gotten 2.4 for his gpa and C for language arts will he be streamed to 3A express? Also, What is the max year two’s gpa of the o-level class these few years? thanks.

      posted in Secondary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      K
      kiasuFoo
    • RE: All About Puberty

      My DS is 15 now and after discussing with my DH, I think that he kind of has a crush on a girl. Not sure though as he never mentioned about it. Recently, he has been very sensitive about privacy especially touching his phone. There was once when he forgot to charge his phone for school the next day and when I helped him to connect the charger to his phone, I saw the photo of my DS and his clique, 3 guys and 2 girls as his lock screen wall paper(idk what it is called). He mentioned about them quite a number of times and always hang out with them as far as I know. He did mentioned more of one of the girls. (After looking at the photo, both girls are quite pretty, haha) He did mention that she is very close with him and is sort of his trusted friend. My DH assured me that my DS will not progress too fast and far with her but I am still worried. Hope that he can talk about it with my DH at least.

      posted in Working With Your Child
      K
      kiasuFoo
    • RE: 2013 PSLE Discussions and Strategy

      janet_lee88:
      clay569:

      DS doesn't want hold hand with me in public but if we need part ways he'd still give me a quick kiss.


      wow, you still have a kiss...mine is like a 'touch me not'.

      Lucky my second one is a DD, still so sweet and calls me 'mummy mummy' every time. My first DS ever since Sec 2 started calling me 'Ma' or 'Mum'. Hold hands is like a 'nono' and ever since secondary school, his privacy has become very important, want go into his room and sweep the floor now also need his permission so now he clean and tidy his room on his own. 🤷 Kids grow up fast.

      posted in Primary 6 & PSLE
      K
      kiasuFoo
    • RE: 2014 PSLE Discussions and Strategy

      33mama:
      HappieNewbie123:

      Wah... everyone so stress... *sigh* its going to be our first psle too. SA2 havent finish kiasu mum here already worried about psle. my dd's grades dropped a lot this year especially chinese (shdnt have took hcl, seems like it is more stressful), my hubby and I super worried about p6. Any good tutor to recommend?? I know its a bit early but guess all mummies and daddies can relate their stress to mine.


      My DD's Chinese grade had also dropped a lot and seems it's difficult to come up... :nailbite:
      It's not too early to start.. in fact I would think it's late.... cos language requires some time and effort to move up and takes no effort at all to drop!!!! :imdrowning:

      I am a mother of 3 children. The first one already entered his secondary school phrase, the second just finish her psle, the third taking his next year :frustrated: Tiring :faint: my first two's chinese havent been up to standard especially my first ds. His chinese standard is near failing when he was P6. Still remember that year searching for tutor high and low :?: but finally came across one of the better ones. After trying for a mth, I immediately :siam: from the chinese tuition centre and put all my hope on the tutor. (Like I taking psle instead of my child) She is quite experienced and very understandable. My second and third are still having her as their chinese tutor. My first got his psle result that year and recieved an A for chinese. Miracle really happened thankfully. My dd's prelim got an A* for chinese and Merit for HCL. Kiasu mum here is hoping for A* and distinction when the psle results are out. You can pm me for her contacts and more information. Good tutors must be known, experienced mum here knows the anxiety every parent is going through now.

      posted in Primary 6 & PSLE
      K
      kiasuFoo
    • 1
    • 2
    • 3
    • 4
    • 5
    • 5 / 5
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy