Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. blurqueen
    3. Posts
    B
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 0
    • Posts 85
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: Pei Hwa Presbyterian Primary

      Parents of higher primary kids,


      Does the average % for the exams start to drop the higher level they go? Seems like in P1, standard average for SA1 & SA2 were in 80s range. Now P2, CA1 is 70s range. Wonder the trend goes on for P3 onwards, if so, it’s really demoralising for the kids. By the time P6, scary to see the average at only 50-60s! This means many kids would be failing!

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      B
      blurqueen
    • RE: Pei Hwa Presbyterian Primary

      E3:
      The sale is still on? I received the memo a couple of weeks back. Nothing on Fri. I had already bought the discounted T-shirts and socks. Yes, good deal. 🙂

      that time is was only 20%, now it's 50%! sigh .. i stocked up then liao too, wondering should buy more not since #2 entering next year

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      B
      blurqueen
    • RE: All About Full-Time Maids

      Can we store the video at all times or we’re only able to view it via internet? Was thinking of getting it if we move incase we change maids, don’t wish maids to know of the ‘new addition’ to the home.

      posted in Domestic Help
      B
      blurqueen
    • RE: Pei Hwa Presbyterian Primary

      E3:
      Was he the one who scored 100 for SA1 Math last year as well?

      DS did badly for SA1 last year, only managed 80. This CA1, also did badly again thanks to tons of careless mistakes :x
      [quote]The one she had chosen and memorised earlier was assigned to the \"loud\" ones. She is quite soft-spoken. She is in Group 1 taught by Mr Renee and Miss Sahara.[/quote]Yes, same group! How did you know the names of the teachers? As usual, i'm super bochap 😛 i hope DS doesn't fall into the \"loud\" ones!
      [quote]Hers was a single trip cos no vacancy for return trip then.

      You think writing in to the school first or request the school to write in to LTA would be better? Just my opinion.[/quote]I was wondering got such thing as \"no vacancy for return\"?!?! The school bus planning must be very poorly done!

      Yes, I think should write in esp since I see so many \"near misses\" every evening, the buses have to dangerously force their way out everyday and there'll be loads of horns blasting from oncoming cars. Last year, a bus actually hit a car and poor lady was asking every parent if they witnessed it.

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      B
      blurqueen
    • RE: How much $$$ do you spend on your Pre-schooler?

      well, mine at k2 (last year we spent more with gymnast lessons and more therapies)


      private home schooling = $600
      DAS lessons = $250
      swimming = $50
      Berries = $100
      therapies = $300

      grand total is $1,300 😞

      special need kids are expensive! totally ate up all our savings. comes p1 ... the huge bulk of $600 would become savings!

      posted in Child Care
      B
      blurqueen
    • RE: Pei Hwa Presbyterian Primary

      E3:
      blurqueen:

      Really can't wait for them to be in morn session since they got more time at home than now which is rather \"scattered\".


      Hi, long time no \"see\". Not many P2 mothers in this forum...How's your ds coping with Mrs Teo? 😉 Is he in the Science Expressions Speech and Drama on Tuesdays too?

      I agree, can't wait for am session. May have the initial teething problems of waking up early and not having enough sleep though. I guess they will have to learn to cope over time. Afterall, there are more levels in am session compared to pm session.

      Hi E3, dunno what I've been busy about lately esp after i went for eye op (epi-lasik) 😛

      Mrs Teo is still the same ... asked her during the meeting about DS, she's still focused on the emotional aspect like \"he can be grouchy some times / he sure knows a lot of fishes! / he can draw really well\" or if about another kid \"oh, he's such a quiet boy\". Can forget about any academics feedback. At least I know this teacher is always concerned about the child's well-being as priority. Only mentioned that she's disappointed DS didn't score for his maths as he got 100 last year in P1.

      Yes, also in the Tues class, yours too? Seems like they have a \"play\" coming up, they're choosing roles to act. My DS smartly chose the one with only 1-2 sentence of speech :rotflmao: which class is your kid in?

      The classes will get bigger in P3 onwards right? Really envy St Nic ... only about 30 kids in all levels. Teachers can teach the kids better in smaller groups.

      I think I'll have to start \"training\" DH to prep DS for morning session so this lazy pig can sleep in :oops: i'm so not a morning person. He will have to drive the kid to school since it's on the way.

      Wondering, can we drive in and pick up kid after school for the am session like we're doing now in pm?

      Does any parent here experience frustration at the heavy peak hour traffic in trying to exit Pei Hwa Ave onto main road especially since many motorists don't observe the yellow box rules? Do you think we can write in to LTA to request a traffic light that operates during the school's peak hour (drop off and pick up timing, probably 30 minutes at each stretch). I notice many schools have this system or a traffic control warden to improve the traffic flow plus this seems a lot safer and prevents accidents.

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      B
      blurqueen
    • RE: Pei Hwa Presbyterian Primary

      Wahseh, sounds like my DS is most seng nang ... comes home at about 7, watch cartoon and have dinner till about 8+, shower and take own sweet time drag here and there, by time can sit down do schoolwork is about 9+ liao. If luck has it, he can finish by 10, mostly after 10.30 😞 which means i can't switch on my TV as he's around 😢 he takes super long doing composition.


      In the morns, he'll play with his bro until 9, then have breakfast, then finish up whatever schoolwork. Then he gets to play computer games, mainly surfing internet on his cartoon stuffs. Then he'll do his own arts n crafts projects, creating more games for themselves. If really too bored, he'll dig into our home library and read story books or if not call his friend over to play.

      Weekends, he has to finish up schoolwork, then go for Chinese tuition (since mom sucks in it) and then another English class which he enjoys as he got his friend there. Then it's swimming lessons or if it rains, dad will let them play golf instead. Sunday is Sunday school and then play and watch cartoon the rest of the day again (since mom n dad will be out golfing).

      We generally revise and crash our way 1-2 weeks before exams 😓 otherwise, he doesn't need to do any assessment books.

      Very bad what I'm doing here!! Pity them having to study so hard at this young age. I remember playing hard at this age ... studies were a lot easier. Wish I'm more disciplined like you girls ... I shouldn't go on being blur blur about everything 😛

      Heard my SIL say that her girls arrive home generally after 4pm EVERYDAY after all the school activities (St. Nic). So I guess we're 'lucky' here in PHPPS that they get to home much earlier. Really can't wait for them to be in morn session since they got more time at home than now which is rather \"scattered\".

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      B
      blurqueen
    • RE: All About Full-Time Maids

      lovekidsverymuch:
      U really did good job by reporting it but u shouldnt have mailed her she definitely not those types with whom u can be kind hearted and somemore she beat ur kids :x :x

      I sometimes wish my heart can be harder and so I don't get bullied ... ridiculous to be bullied by a maid some more. Kept giving her chances since she owed a lot of $ since she transferred and yet to even pay up 1st employer. :frustrated:

      I think she wanted to mess with my new maid as she knows my girl is underage (I only knew of recently). Am glad new maid is a nice girl!

      Thankfully, it's all over now!

      posted in Domestic Help
      B
      blurqueen
    • RE: All About Full-Time Maids

      peapot & lovekidsverymuch,


      I actually did so as I know most families don’t have other adults home to monitor the maid’s movements. Right under my nose (SAHM), she could abuse my kids, I can’t imagine if non-supervised!

      She hit my younger DS and threatened him if he cried or told anyone . . . She left many bruises (blood clots) which we warned her hands off, not once but many times! Then as my older can think for himself, she pushes him around literally, letting him fall hard on cabinets, knocking things in his way. I asked her about it but she always denied and lied.

      Kept her because my mom refused to let her go, saying that I’m over-reacting and making things up!! :x Right now, felt stupid for listening to my mom as I just realised she doesn’t blink her eyes to abuse as I grew up being abused by her.

      Maid also refuses to listen to specific instructions on medication, loves to play doctor. Such behaviour is very dangerous if her new employer isn’t home to monitor her when medicating kids or old folks.

      Immediately after she flew off, I tried to bar her re-entry with MOM but since she actually abused my kids, I had to report to the police instead and be followed-up by counseling with their psychologists and full body-checks at the hospital! So much hassle because we were dealing with kids. Thankfully, we were able to lodge police report because there are witnesses (my current maid and I) so she can no longer come back.

      Told police I only want to bar re-entry, not press charges but they said if she re-enters, it’s up to them whether or not they’ll press charges as crime is committed on young children.

      Out of kindness, I wrote to her and told her that charges has been filed against her. Told her to seek other jobs that doesn’t deal with humans since she lacks the patience. Then to my surprise, she got her friends (neighbors’ maids) to pester my new maid for her number! She also lied to her friends (another bunch of sluts who sleep around during off days and brag about what they do during $ex to each other) that she was barred re-entry because I lied to police that she stole things from my house. Sigh … these Pinays … not my kind of ppl.

      posted in Domestic Help
      B
      blurqueen
    • RE: All About Full-Time Maids

      moonee:
      . . . she has a fat loan.

      My mum was given a 200 angpow and left it on the kitchen table, she did not realize te angpow was missing until 2 days later. Aside frm this angpow 12 one dollar coins was missing frm my mums drawer. Of course the maid denied everything and challenged us to call the cops, also insisted we send her back for transfer.
      The agent suggested we report to te police if any money was missing, he says he cant just listen to employers besides theres no evidence.
      I think its rather unfair to transfer this maid, I was wondering should my mum make a police report just to get her blacklisted.
      Does your maid has off days or pay given to her since she still has a outstanding loans? Has she been given the chance to pass the money out of the house? Did you check through her belongings? As much as we trust our kids, but could the kids have taken it?

      The agent is right, no evidence, hard to accuse her. If you want to bar her from future employment, only way is to report to the police since this is related to theft (criminal offense). You'll have to bring the key family members to the police station as witnesses and be interviewed individually by different officers.

      I went through that hassle just to bar my previous maid from coming back too. Felt it worth my while as I can't imagine her coming back here again under another passport (easily done). A record with police means her fingerprints are used instead of name/passport number. I wanted to stop her re-entering Singapore than let another family suffer.

      posted in Domestic Help
      B
      blurqueen
    • 1 / 1
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy